Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Naonak, are you on a current firmware? if so can you please attempt an acceleration run in ludicrous mode? multiple times now i have seen my logs grow very convenient gaps in the data about 30 sec before and after a hard acceleration run. at first i thought that because of an overpass my car was loosing connection, but just last night my data had a gap in bright blue sky with full cell reception. the gap was only around an area where the car would have output its maximum kW, 50-90 passing run.

Looking ok to me...

https://goo.gl/photos/i5mbzPHAzJYHsUmk9

I have it maxing out at 435, though... so I'm wondering if it's being limited either by the car or by the website?

the car is able to put down more power, i can feel that. but ive only gotten a logged max of 430, which is far less than the 485 i got before. literally every time i did a good pull that felt more powerful than the 430-ish runs, the log was missing a block of data from that section.

like so, car had a locked connection for 5 miles, then the one section i gave it the beans... ooops no data. this happens all over los angeles so it is not a data connection issue.

Attachments

• TeslaLog_-_Trip_Details_-_2017-04-08_07.27.14.png
    TeslaLog_-_Trip_Details_-_2017-04-08_07.27.14.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 56
I'm pretty sure @mochouinard is no longer reading this thread, or supporting Teslalog, beyond, of course, allowing the servers to keep running. I'd love to be wrong, but...

I'm still alive... But pretty much as you said, just keeping the server running.

I'm tracking over 2000 cars right now and keeping all the data in its original form (no dilution). I'm about at 2 TB of actual database data, which is larger than anything that I've ever handled... Over 300 million row of information per month !

I got to move it to another server with more ram as the DB is freaking out ! But it can be tricky to do such move when moving 2 TB of databases in production without too much downtime.

If I had funds incoming for this project, a lot more dev would happen as I wouldn't waste all my time to optimize items and just throw more horsepower in the back, but the little time I have is put into trying to keep it running and not too slow (though, reports can take forever to run, especially if you refresh then you're done for the day. ;)

I'm still alive... But pretty much as you said, just keeping the server running.

<SNIP>

If I had funds incoming for this project, a lot more dev would happen as I wouldn't waste all my time to optimize items and just throw more horsepower in the back, but the little time I have is put into trying to keep it running and not too slow (though, reports can take forever to run, especially if you refresh then you're done for the day. ;)

Would it help if you did something to allow people to donate to the cause? I'm not suggesting "charging" for the service, but perhaps just asking for voluntary contributions.

What do you think?

I've stopped getting kW values for superchargers but still get them for my home 14-50 charging. Anyone else see this???

Last time I saw kW at a SC was 26-Mar-2017 and then did not see it the next tome on 10-Apr-2017.
Anyone else have this problem?
I was traveling again yesterday and SC does not show kW or amps. At home on 14-50 last night it did tho.

http://i.imgur.com/hjzSquF.jpg

Yes, it's a problem with the Tesla API as far as I know. They removed the field for that data. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong?
Thanks. I did not recall that being discussed before but my memory is not what it used to be.

I found this on another tracking software thread:
Tesla appears to have removed the battery_current response from the API in software version 17.11.3.

Last edited:
>>Tesla appears to have removed the battery_current response from the API in software version 17.11.3.

to scottf200: yes and added a power in DriveState struct ;)

DriveState
Array
(
[shift_state] =>
[speed] =>

[power] =>
[latitude] =>
[longitude] =>
=>
[gps_as_of] =>
[timestamp] =>
)​

I love your project. As far as reports go, you could gather historical data in the background (or on initial user load) and store them by month/year for that actual zone - No need to run through all that data more than once. If a new zone is added, of course, you can scan through all the old data in the background. If you need to optimize some querys and dont really know how, please PM me. A friend of mine has worked with some pretty big databases, and is probably more than happy to help. (he really likes databases :p)