Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the 161st post I am a johnny-come-lately to this party. I have only had my P85 for 22 days and 16 hours - but who's counting - and mochouinard is definitely my favorite Canadian! I use the logs to track operating cost and find I am amazed with all of the data. James Bond is envious! Sincere thanks!!!

I am trying to register however I have been unable to do do keep getting error message "Invalid KEY."

On Jan 16, 2016 9:12 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
This is automatic message:
Please visit the following link to enable your account :https://teslalog.com/[email protected]&key=Qp889HYWG1KEgsznh8Gv2mF7

Hello everyone,

It been a little over a year I've been working on my data logger for my car, and got about 30 Tesla being tracked.

It was mostly a closed testing page, but I'm opening it up for more of you to give it a try.

This is not a replacement for your Tesla Mobile app, it more of a data logger.

It does more than just log info, for example, you can set zone on a map where when you park, climate control will remain on. Very useful when your dropping kids off in the cold winter.

You can login and give it a try by creating yourself an account at this url : https://teslalog.com/register.html

But if your only curious, I've made a video with some of the feature available today with the data for my own car.

Here the youtube link : Tesla Log Feature review December 2015 - YouTube

Upcoming feature is a calendar with recurring event support for scheduling different action :
Auto start Climate, stop charging, start Charging.

Using the same page to tag area name seen in the video, you will have different function you can run when entering or leaving a zone.

And of course, I'm always open to get feature request. Lot of reports informations in the pipeline as well.

For example, you can already tags TRIP, so a reports page that will appear soon will be to create a report that list only selected tag and quickly create business travel report for reimbursement.

I hope you find this useful !

Marc

You should see every charge or trip (that is longer than ~1KM/miles). If you have gaps, it could be issues with your 3G/LTE connection, you disabled logging on my side, your tesla token is invalid. I had aserver issue on the 14 for 30 minutes that might have some missing data (around 8pm EDT)
That outage might have coincided with my last trip - thank you - I'll keep watching once I get the car back from Tesla!

I think Tesla inverted the value from rated range and ideal range for their European car... I'll have to look into it. I store both value, so it would be just a question to display the right one.

But in the Tracking page, that value is hardcoded from calculation based on the % of the battery, so that range will never be precise (Though, I guess I could make it better by using the per car/region value for rated, or query every minute or so the battery state to see it value... Ok, I might do that in the future hehe).

Hi, @mochouinard,
Not trying to press you here, but wondering if you had time to take a look at this. If you need some screenshot or data, please let me know. My HTC phone can't easily attach images with tapatalk (it crashes). Right now my Tesla app says Typical range is 370km and TeslaLog says:
Car info page: Rated Range :*463.4 km*98 %
Report charge level page: 2016-01-17 476km 39767

I know there has been some discussion about turning off the logging at times to save energy / reduce vampire loss. If we are choosing to leave logging on all the time does that mean that we're defeating the purpose of the Energy Savings - On setting in the car, and it would be the same as if we had selected Energy Savings - Off?

One other suggestion, on the "Monthly kWh Charge" there is a note:
PS: Exclude Tesla SuperCharger, CHAdeMO and AC charging under 220 volt to estimate total home charging

Could you lower the 220 volt limit to 200 volts, for some reason eh car reads my 220 volt HPWC is closer to 207 volts.

FYI, I changed the monthly kWh charge page ! No more limitation of any voltage or type of charger. You can now select one of your zone you created in the Geo Action V2 to see result for only charge within that location.

FYI, I changed the monthly kWh charge page ! No more limitation of any voltage or type of charger. You can now select one of your zone you created in the Geo Action V2 to see result for only charge within that location.
Cool. It would be interesting if there was a way to separate it so that you can see the total from the zone (let's say 'home') and also the overall total. Or is that what you've done?

Now Marc, a completely different question for you!!!! Do you think there is any ability to incorporate IFTTT in teslalog.com? I'm wondering if a geo-fenced zone could be used to trigger an IFTTT action - turn on the lights, open the garage, disable the house alarm... or whatever someone might dream up. If it's possible, this is almost sure to draw me into a paid subscription to your site! Likely would anyway, but this would absolutely seal the deal! I'm just beginning to learn about IFTTT so perhaps I'm out to lunch and this can't be done, but the idea intrigues me.

Cool. It would be interesting if there was a way to separate it so that you can see the total from the zone (let's say 'home') and also the overall total. Or is that what you've done?

Now Marc, a completely different question for you!!!! Do you think there is any ability to incorporate IFTTT in teslalog.com? I'm wondering if a geo-fenced zone could be used to trigger an IFTTT action - turn on the lights, open the garage, disable the house alarm... or whatever someone might dream up. If it's possible, this is almost sure to draw me into a paid subscription to your site! Likely would anyway, but this would absolutely seal the deal! I'm just beginning to learn about IFTTT so perhaps I'm out to lunch and this can't be done, but the idea intrigues me.

That exactly what you can do. You get the graph per month for your home charging, then you have a table per month, and at the bottom you have the total.

IFTTT seem interesting, yet I know nothing about it :) I got a bunch of other backend I need to do first. But I'm sure I can integrate it if it was a well made standard.

That exactly what you can do. You get the graph per month for your home charging, then you have a table per month, and at the bottom you have the total.
Nice. I did the geofence and gave it a try. Too bad I have only charged at home since creating my account... will have to plug in somewhere else to see more categories!

IFTTT seem interesting, yet I know nothing about it :) I got a bunch of other backend I need to do first. But I'm sure I can integrate it if it was a well made standard.

I have to do some real work to see what it can do. My Piper camera system is supposed to have IFTTT support enable in a couple of months, so I will have good reason to play. At first glance, it looks like the way to tie all the 'toys' together.

Another thought.... I tried plugging in the web address for tracking my car, without being logged into the site. It put me somewhere in Kazakhstan... so it would appear that my location is private (which I would expect). I have used the Glympse app a few times to allow my office to keep track of me when on the road (for safety reasons). It would be cool to implement what would essentially be a Tesla-specific Glympse capability... enter in an email address and have that address sent a link with access to the tracking page only, for a specified length of time. (see Glympse if you haven't seen it before)

Hi Marc, is it possible to have one decimal for the kW column of the charging session log? Please see example below. I would like to know if the charge rate is 4.6 or 5.4 kW (they currently both show up as 5 kW). Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 8.03.12 PM.png

Hi Marc, is it possible to have one decimal for the kW column of the charging session log? Please see example below. I would like to know if the charge rate is 4.6 or 5.4 kW (they currently both show up as 5 kW). Thanks!
That value is what Tesla provided. I've now changed it so I calculate the kW based on the voltage and amp and the number of phase (should show correct value for DC (SC & CHAdeMO) Charging as well.

That value is what Tesla provided. I've now changed it so I calculate the kW based on the voltage and amp and the number of phase (should show correct value for DC (SC & CHAdeMO) Charging as well.
Jeez, that's quick... do you edit your code on your smartphone in your car at red lights and while sitting on the toilet??? LOL!!! If only Tesla could roll out fixes as quickly...

You will now see a little more details on the Logs list for charging session.
Here is an example :
15:29 - 15:51 - Home - 0.6/2.4kWh 90/90% Complete
You now have the location of the charge.
After the 0.6/2.4kWh : 0.6kWh is what the car tell me it have charged. The 2.4kWh is what I calculated for the period of charge based on voltage & amp values for every sample. In this example, I put my HVAC to MAX and started a charging cycle. As you can see, only 0.6kWh was put into the battery while 2.4kWh was taken for other internal purposes (heating).

It might give you some idea on the lost difference between what is put into the battery and what is actually used on your home.

The 90/90% : First 90 is it current Charge level, the second is the Limit set for the charge. So while charging, if you refresh the page, you will see where that first 90 is increase

I've also added the latest State for that charge, so you can quickly see if it a complete charge, or it in progress, or No Power occur...

- - - Updated - - -

Jeez, that's quick... do you edit your code on your smartphone in your car at red lights and while sitting on the toilet??? LOL!!! If only Tesla could roll out fixes as quickly...

It would have been done quicker if TMC wasn't so slow to send me notice of reply to this thread ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Marc I cannot lg in.. The webpage doesn't open.

Check the URL used : https://teslalog.com/

Everything is working fine over here.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. I did the geofence and gave it a try. Too bad I have only charged at home since creating my account... will have to plug in somewhere else to see more categories!

I have to do some real work to see what it can do. My Piper camera system is supposed to have IFTTT support enable in a couple of months, so I will have good reason to play. At first glance, it looks like the way to tie all the 'toys' together.

Another thought.... I tried plugging in the web address for tracking my car, without being logged into the site. It put me somewhere in Kazakhstan... so it would appear that my location is private (which I would expect). I have used the Glympse app a few times to allow my office to keep track of me when on the road (for safety reasons). It would be cool to implement what would essentially be a Tesla-specific Glympse capability... enter in an email address and have that address sent a link with access to the tracking page only, for a specified length of time. (see Glympse if you haven't seen it before)

I personally love Geo Fencing in the GEO Action V2 ! If you set a name to your zone you made, you will now see that name in your Logs list instead of a street/province.

No need to tag every time you get home, it will automaticly show in your list. I only tag trip or charge of interest (Work trip for example).

In my todo, is a report page that will display only a specific tag for a time period.... Lot of todo ! I could work full time on this project !!!

Yes, everything is pretty tight down. The only thing that not fully tight down is the Red line you see on the map of a trip for example. That have to be generated from Google Server, so I provide a KML file based on a TRIP ID. To make it a bit more secure, I create a unique string for every trip, so you just can't use your trip_id, you have to give this unique string.

The idea would be similar for sharing data... But it does get complicated... What do you want to share... Live Tracking, All your trip with no edit access, single trip, single charge... I want to do something flexible, but that get complex very quickly. I already have public URL code stuff in my backend already that not fully finish that allow to quickly share certain data. But I haven't really finish working on it.

I'm trying to make it less complex as well... A big permission system might be a bit over kill. So I might get to work on this public URL sharing link soon.

My first version show my car publicly on the web, and I made code that would exclude any tracking data in certain area close to my house and family house. It wasn't fool proof, you could guess it if you really wanted, but it just made it less visually evident. Doing it this today get even more complex... So since I'm thinking to make it a shared link only, then you would expect people to know all there is on that trip.

Last edited:
Cool stuff. I look forward to seeing this progress. Here are a couple of small suggestions.

On the Log page consider adding a total time charged. You have beginning and end so I think that should be easy. Yeah, I am too lazy to calculate it myself.
I am interested in seeing the Supercharging vs Home charging data. Knowing the Supercharging data would help me estimate my savings of 'free' charging
I am sure formatting is not the priority at this point as you develop this out but on the logs page it is a bit hard to follow. any way to evenly space this info out?
Consider adding a "reset view" next to the charts. The apple mouse accidentally zooms and moves the chart and I find it difficult to get back to the default view.
On GeoTagging can you make the map resizable or at least bigger to take advantage of big monitors?
Any way to put in our avg cost of kwh so it can calculate approximate costs of charging at various chargers?

Awesome job so far. Thank you so much for developing this.

GG

Cool stuff. I look forward to seeing this progress. Here are a couple of small suggestions.

On the Log page consider adding a total time charged. You have beginning and end so I think that should be easy. Yeah, I am too lazy to calculate it myself.
I am interested in seeing the Supercharging vs Home charging data. Knowing the Supercharging data would help me estimate my savings of 'free' charging
I am sure formatting is not the priority at this point as you develop this out but on the logs page it is a bit hard to follow. any way to evenly space this info out?
Consider adding a "reset view" next to the charts. The apple mouse accidentally zooms and moves the chart and I find it difficult to get back to the default view.
On GeoTagging can you make the map resizable or at least bigger to take advantage of big monitors?
Any way to put in our avg cost of kwh so it can calculate approximate costs of charging at various chargers?

Awesome job so far. Thank you so much for developing this.

GG
You have the total driving time and charging time per day now, no math needed ;) Per trip or charge... that line start to be a bit crowded ! I'm thinking to add a hover info box maybe.
Yea, I though about formating it, but it can get a little bit complex so it format correctly on all devices. If I'm presented a template to do it so I figure out something out someday, I'll do it for sure !
You can geo fence the different SuperCharger and check your usage at each of them. Though, if your asking for this, maybe your not using the SuperCharger for the right reason ;)
Right click on a graph will reset it view (took me a while to realized that right click did reset it). If you don't have a right click, then get a real computer :p
It is currently set to the maximum size of the template system used... It would messed up formating forcing it bigger in width. So for the moment no, I got enough problem getting it to work pretty well like it does already on the different browsers :)
I guess I could add a global kWh cost fields plus field inside the geo fencing and add that into the monthly kwh report... I'll keep it in mind when I get to do a settings sections.