Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... subsequent comments indicate that 1.28.0 and 1.28.5 differ in behaviour for this ...
I haven't seen clear circumstances about the 1.28.0 vs 1.28.5 distinction although I asked for both Tesla software version and, more importantly, relevant log entries. I'm not a maintainer but without that information the observations are imcomplete.

I do know that TeslaFi and Tessie have the same behavior as Teslamate 1.28.5.

One other thing that has been reported on Facebook, though a low sample so far is that Atom based cars show the "offline" behaviour in TeslaMate, but Ryzen based ones do not and still show sleeping. Small sample size though, and not clear if that iOS the only relevant difference between the cars involved, but 1 case is 2 cars on the same TeslaMate instance - Model Y with Ryzen works fine, Model 3 with Atom shows the "offline instead of sleep" behaviour with the same version of TeslaMate (1.28.5 I think).

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
On the home page click on Settings and change the length option to miles.
Is this a belated April Fool? :)
Settings page on Teslamate.
Oh ffs I knew it was going to be simple, I looked for ages… but was looking in Grafana. I stupidly didn’t think that the TeslaMate page would pass it through to Grafana. I’m really annoyed at myself 😂

I’m going to go sit in a dark place for a while and think about what I’ve done.

Thanks!

It seems like a Tesla in-car software 2024.8 introduces the changes.
Yes, I'd agree, here is my Teslamate output after my upgrade to 2024.8.4 on my Atom Model 3, Teslamate still seems to work OK apart from the asleep/offline discrepancy:

1712092236699.png

Reactions: cwanja
Just attempted to upgrade from v1.28.3 to v1.28.5 and got this error in the docker-compose logs:

Code:
level=error msg="service \"teslamate-root\" error: unable to find the IP address for the container \"/root_teslamate_1\": the server is ignored" providerName=docker container=teslamate-root-f95ae449a071ef81b490f3be8ce1163c55ae212bd240b12d7de617394a074569

Resulted in a 404 trying to reach the teslamate application.

Downgraded to v1.28.4 with no luck, then to v1.28.3 which resolved the issue.

Not really sure what's happening here and don't really have time to dig in right now, but suspect something on my server needs to be updated.

Any ideas?

Just attempted to upgrade from v1.28.3 to v1.28.5 and got this error in the docker-compose logs:

Code:
level=error msg="service \"teslamate-root\" error: unable to find the IP address for the container \"/root_teslamate_1\": the server is ignored" providerName=docker container=teslamate-root-f95ae449a071ef81b490f3be8ce1163c55ae212bd240b12d7de617394a074569

Resulted in a 404 trying to reach the teslamate application.

Downgraded to v1.28.4 with no luck, then to v1.28.3 which resolved the issue.

Not really sure what's happening here and don't really have time to dig in right now, but suspect something on my server needs to be updated.

Any ideas?
Your version of docker is too old. (Likely 19, and needs to 20 or newer if I recall correctly.) My TeslaMate VM was on Debian 9, that is no longer supported, so it wouldn't update docker easily. I ended up spinning up a new Debian 12 VM, configured everything then did a backup and restore of my data to get my data on the new VM,

Your version of docker is too old. (Likely 19, and needs to 20 or newer if I recall correctly.) My TeslaMate VM was on Debian 9, that is no longer supported, so it wouldn't update docker easily. I ended up spinning up a new Debian 12 VM, configured everything then did a backup and restore of my data to get my data on the new VM,
Thanks! That was the case, actually upgraded from 18>22 😲

Wasn't smooth though, was failing due to some issues with the lxd client so had to purge that first.

Now running latest Teslamate version and will try to remember to keep on top of these things in future! :)

Hi. Can anyone give me step by step guidance on linking Tesla mate with home assistant via mqtt broker. Did go through the teslamate documentation, being non technical person, I am not able to decipher the process.

Hi. Can anyone give me step by step guidance on linking Tesla mate with home assistant via mqtt broker. Did go through the teslamate documentation, being non technical person, I am not able to decipher the process.
Unfortunately - that documentation is about as simple as it gets for Teslamate to the best of my knowledge.
One other alternative - there is a Home Assistance custom component called Tesla - that can be installed easily via HACS or less easily manually.
Getting this installed also requires some technical knowledge but relatively less.
I use both Teslamate MQTT and this custom component - there are some advantages to each.

Reactions: kiranl