Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is your problem, that is the section for nameservers. (Which you aren't running.) Those records should be in the "Custom Records" section.
Thanks for the reply.

I've removed those 2 entries from the Nameserver Registration and tried to add to the Custom Records, but it will only let me add one...

DNS Custom Record Error.jpg

I think you are trying to put it in backwards. Put the IP in the data column, not the Host column. (And wouldn't they be A records?)
Thanks - I'd assumed (wrongly it seems!) that I could only have 1 A record and the others needed to be CNAME's, and it wouldn't let me put a CNAME the "correct" way around, hence trying it backwards! I've now removed that reverse one and added teslamate.mydomain.com and grafana.mydomain.com as A records pointing to the same IP as the root A record.

Thanks - I'd assumed (wrongly it seems!) that I could only have 1 A record and the others needed to be CNAME's, and it wouldn't let me put a CNAME the "correct" way around, hence trying it backwards! I've now removed that reverse one and added teslamate.mydomain.com and grafana.mydomain.com as A records pointing to the same IP as the root A record.
No limit really on either. Personally I'd have one A record for the server and then CNAME records for teslamate and grafana that point to that server A record. However don't have to do it that way and can have two A records both pointing direct to the IP address.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Thanks all. teslamate.mydomain.com and grafana.mydomain.com are both still pinging to the Squarespace IP. When I've made the other A record changes it's taken the full 72 hours for them to switch over, so will have to wait and see.....

Out of interest I've just tested my root domain which was correctly pinging against my GCP IP, but now that's reverted to a Squarespace 198 IP as well. FFS!!!

This is what I have setup (from yesterday afternoon)......

DNS Custom Records 09-May.jpg

Try pinging teslamate.mydomain.net.mydomain.net

Just saying…
That's pinging correctly to the GCP - I assume that means that my Custom Records should just be called "teslamate" and "grafana" as opposed to the full domain name?

Scratch that - just tried to modify the custom record to just teslamate and it gives me an error:

Invalid DNS Records​

Invalid DNS records configuration. Please check your settings

I have created Teslamate dashboard for my personal use which focuses on speed and temperature related statistics. There are few options on the top of the dashboard to finetune the panels, selected date range also affects the panel data.
Nice, thank you! I'm a complete noob at this, so need to follow step by step instructions. The ones on your web page were easy to follow.

One thing I can't work out is this… With the other Teslamate/Grafana dashboards, there are two buttons in the top right corner. One takes you to Teslamate's home screen. The other button is a drop down menu of all Teslamate dashboards. I can't find that in your dashboard. So, how to I go to another dashboard after viewing yours?

Nice, thank you! I'm a complete noob at this, so need to follow step by step instructions. The ones on your web page were easy to follow.

One thing I can't work out is this… With the other Teslamate/Grafana dashboards, there are two buttons in the top right corner. One takes you to Teslamate's home screen. The other button is a drop down menu of all Teslamate dashboards. I can't find that in your dashboard. So, how to I go to another dashboard after viewing yours?
You need to add a link under Dashboard settings.

New Link
Change Title to Dashboards
Type: Dashboards
With tags: tesla (note lower case)
Options: Show as dropdown should be ticked.

Reactions: bcarp
That's pinging correctly to the GCP - I assume that means that my Custom Records should just be called "teslamate" and "grafana" as opposed to the full domain name?

Scratch that - just tried to modify the custom record to just teslamate and it gives me an error:

Invalid DNS Records​

Invalid DNS records configuration. Please check your settings
Try putting a period at the end of the name, that tells it that it is the full address and not to append the root. so "teslamate.mydomain.net."