Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I get some time and if I can decipher the code I'm hoping to fork it and add an option to "treat offline as asleep" (like TeslaFi has). My OCD is bad with it always showing "offline" now, when I know it isn't.

The TeslaMate devs are reticent to conflate "offline" with "asleep", which i get, but at the same time it seems like everyone sees "offline" now, including Ryzen people, so there will come a point where "asleep" basically doesn't get seen as a state.
You are also entirely free (and highly encouraged) to make a pull request and make said changes directly to TeslaMate. It is an open source project and anyone is allowed to push changes.

Reactions: EVCarGUy
I was having a read over the new API details and it suggests that vehicle data will be sent from a cache if the car is asleep - ie Tesla remember the last known state and provide that for the basic get_data request, before it wouldn't return anything saying the car is asleep. I've heard this before but it may be that Teslamate also needs to reflect that there's a potential different processing required if the car is asleep, although presumably whats being sent is what Teslamate should know anyway

The data sent from Tesla. Teslamate just forwards that onto Grafana which displays whatever its given. Hence Durzel's post above.
Yes. So when my car is asleep, why does Tesla sometimes send a signal saying that it is asleep and sometimes send a signal saying it’s offline?

Another interesting one, yesterday, I parked in an underground car park with no mobile or wifi access for 18 hours. The car was listed as being online the entire time in Teslamate, but the car itself knew it had no contact with the outside world.

Yes. So when my car is asleep, why does Tesla sometimes send a signal saying that it is asleep and sometimes send a signal saying it’s offline?
Not enough information to know why this is happening.
Another interesting one, yesterday, I parked in an underground car park with no mobile or wifi access for 18 hours. The car was listed as being online the entire time in Teslamate, but the car itself knew it had no contact with the outside world.
Teslamate doesn't talk to the car it talks to the Tesla servers. If the car was online then this suggests that there was some sort of signal getting through as otherwise it would have shown as driving until it lost the signal. Unless the connection to the servers didn't 'hang up' properly. Again more data would be needed to determine what was happening. Was there any other data recorded during this period such as temperatures?

New one on me today - car was charging overnight quite happily (on an off via Octopus Intelligent) but now Teslamate is reporting it has been charging ever since, which is odd, as I left home at 7am and drove to Manchester - the car is sitting outside now, very much unplugged...

I can also see it didn't record the drive this morning, I'm guessing because it thought it was charging :confused:, be interesting to see it it starts recording drives now I've woken it again.

The Tesla app says it's been asleep 7hrs, and it woke just fine and reported the correct location...

1718371433850.png

New one on me today - car was charging overnight quite happily (on an off via Octopus Intelligent) but now Teslamate is reporting it has been charging ever since, which is odd, as I left home at 7am and drove to Manchester - the car is sitting outside now, very much unplugged...

I can also see it didn't record the drive this morning, I'm guessing because it thought it was charging :confused:, be interesting to see it it starts recording drives now I've woken it again.

The Tesla app says it's been asleep 7hrs, and it woke just fine and reported the correct location...
What do the logs say...

Teslamate is reporting it has been charging ever since, which is odd, as I left home at 7am and drove to Manchester
Something odd is up. My reporting over the last 8 hours or so is also stuck on the last event, which was a drive and then offline (really asleep). Everything since then has not logged. I suspect the Tesla servers (or at least some of them) are failing to report events properly.

Definitely something wacky going on with the API right now.

Teslamate is reporting the SoC as 61% this morning when it's actually 78%. Octopus Intelligent thinks it's 61% too as it's scheduled off-peak charging slots all morning to try and reach the 80% I asked for, despite only being 2% off.

Tesla app is reporting the correct SoC, however.

Definitely something wacky going on with the API right now.

Teslamate is reporting the SoC as 61% this morning when it's actually 78%. Octopus Intelligent thinks it's 61% too as it's scheduled off-peak charging slots all morning to try and reach the 80% I asked for, despite only being 2% off.

Tesla app is reporting the correct SoC, however.
Mines also screwed reporting 21% when in reality it’s 92%…..

• Informative
Reactions: browellm
Just got continuous API errors in my logs.

Have they finally just hobbled the old owner API now?

Code:
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:52:41.005 car_id=1 [error] Error / :unknown
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:53:11.109 [info] GET https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/1493104705825109/vehicle_data -> 429 (44.612 ms)
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:53:11.109 [warning] TeslaApi.Error / "Retry in 32809 seconds\n"
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:53:11.109 car_id=1 [error] Error / :unknown
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:53:41.221 [info] GET https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/1493104705825109/vehicle_data -> 429 (41.290 ms)
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:53:41.221 [warning] TeslaApi.Error / "Retry in 32779 seconds\n"
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:53:41.221 car_id=1 [error] Error / :unknown
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:54:11.320 [info] GET https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/1493104705825109/vehicle_data -> 429 (43.251 ms)
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:54:11.320 [warning] TeslaApi.Error / "Retry in 32749 seconds\n"
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:54:11.320 car_id=1 [error] Error / :unknown
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:55:11.619 [info] GET /
teslamate-teslamate-1  | 2024-06-15 14:55:11.622 [info] Sent 200 in 2ms

Last edited: