Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate: Yet another self-hosted data logger for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was looking for a way to autoupdate the docker image. Found this great program that will auto update docker images

To install just login and run

sudo docker run -d --name ouroboros \
-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
pyouroboros/ouroboros

Wait a few minutes and everything gets updated.
Look at the docker container "Watchtower" - you put a label on any container you want it to update and watchtower will keep it up to date automatically

Ouroboros is the Python version of Watchtower with a yml install and github'd here: pyouroboros/ouroboros. It also supports exclusions.

That's not to say v2tec/Watchtower is bad, just older. I personally like the .yml approach for my Qnap NAS's Container Station. Watchtower either doesn't seem to have one, or I couldn't find it. I'm just too lazy to make one.

However, both are great ideas. Thanks for posting.

Hello All,
I followed the simplified docker instruction on the github page and I had no problem in the installation. I can access the web interface and grafana at their ports. However, when I login the web interface with Tesla account and password I get Error: authentication_failure. I run the docker on ubuntu. Am I doing anything wrong? Please help me out!
Thank you
Eagu

Does anyone use Android's Macrodroid for resuming higher frequency scanning when you connect to your Tesla by bluetooth? This is so that you don't miss the first so many minutes set when you start driving from a sleep state. I'm trying to figure out a proper action configuration in the macro setup but failing so far... Following the guide here, but the action sequence in the guide isn't complete. Thanks.

Did anyone get the Macrodroid config to work? Like @Morristhecat said, the posted documentation is chopped and missing the actions configuration.

Can someone explain where you place the .htpasswd file? This doc just says to create it but not where.

TeslaMate – Tesla logger (step-by-step Docker installation guide – DigitalOcean) | satheesh.net

I see it now. The .htpasswd is part of the proxy module.

I ended up adding this to grafana settings:

- GF_AUTH_BASIC_ENABLED=true
- GF_AUTH_ANONYMOUS_ENABLED=false
- GF_AUTH_ANONYMOUS_ORG_NAME=Acme
- GF_AUTH_ANONYMOUS_ORG_ROLE=Editor
- GF_USERS_ALLOW_SIGN_UP=false

That gave me a login page and prevented anon users from viewing data. Login with "admin" and pass of "admin" worked too.

If you run Linux on it docker will run which in turn will make this setup very easy.
Got it, can't get docker on my bluehost account so I'm putting it on my pi2 laying around. I'm new to all this and can't get it running even after reading whole thread and github readme.
I'm doing the basic docker setup method. I installed docke, changed permissions and installed docker composer as someone suggested on page 4. When I run docker-compose up I still get error, any help on what I'm doing wrong?

Here are my errors:
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~/teslalog $ docker-compose up
bash: docker-compose: command not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/teslalog $ docker run docker-compose up
Unable to find image 'docker-compose:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for docker-compose, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.
See 'docker run --help'.

Got it, can't get docker on my bluehost account so I'm putting it on my pi2 laying around. I'm new to all this and can't get it running even after reading whole thread and github readme.
I'm doing the basic docker setup method. I installed docke, changed permissions and installed docker composer as someone suggested on page 4. When I run docker-compose up I still get error, any help on what I'm doing wrong?

Here are my errors:
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~/teslalog $ docker-compose up
bash: docker-compose: command not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/teslalog $ docker run docker-compose up
Unable to find image 'docker-compose:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for docker-compose, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.
See 'docker run --help'.

It appears the docker compose didn't install correctly. After trying a bunch of different methods, this finally installed without errors and I was able to launch the docker-compose up command

sudo apt-get -y install python-pip
sudo pip install docker-compose

It is well hidden.
Go to the Grafana page and open the "Charges" template. Select a Charge session and click on the row.
A new screen will show the session details. in the top right panel labelled "Cost" there is a little button in the corner. Hover on that button and a hover link will appear called "Set Cost"

That is what I stumbled on so there may be other/better ways. I had created new templates and embedded the charge costs into the panel query to calculate the real charge costs at home. I found how to do this in the git hub comments

EDIT:
If you hover on the cost row in the "Charges" template, there two small dots. These will hover a "set cost" link as well where you can enter the cost of the changing session.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BigTonyTones
It is well hidden.
Go to the Grafana page and open the "Charges" template. Select a Charge session and click on the row.
A new screen will show the session details. in the top right panel labelled "Cost" there is a little button in the corner. Hover on that button and a hover link will appear called "Set Cost"

That is what I stumbled on so there may be other/better ways. I had created new templates and embedded the charge costs into the panel query to calculate the real charge costs at home. I found how to do this in the git hub comments
Thank you for the very informative post! I would have never found that!!!!