Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 (Feb 15-17, 2014) - Dinner Event Signup & Details Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're counting on you long distance drivers!!!

Ben is driving down from Boston tomorrow morning early. He and I will be heading down to DC from Westchester, NY about 11-12am!

The event is still on and will be great!

Aaron

All,

For those that are not local, I can't speak to what the conditions look like getting to the DC area but, I can show you how the area is doing!

I can honestly say I've never seen this area do any better with this much snow than we are doing now. This picture is from earlier today after 18" fell. We are suppose to get another inch or two, but on the major roadways, the majority of the snow has already been dealt with :)

photo.JPG

For anyone traveling in from the Midwest, if you get nervous about the Macedonia to Somerset stretch, feel free to stop in at my place to "top up" on my 100A HPWC. I am one exit south of I-76 at Cranberry, just search Plugshare for zip code 15090, I am listed there as JakeP also, with Tesla chargers. Five miles or so from the Cranberry turnpike exit to my door.

Temps are pretty good today (27 degrees), so you won't likely need to stop, if you range charged in Macedonia. But if you feel nervous, just drop in for a few miles and a cup of coffee before you head to Somerset!

All -

Preparations for departure almost done for my drive to Washington DC and @TeslaRoadTrip 2014!

A Beautiful Sunrise this morning!
IMG_2070 copy.jpg

My Challenge! Thank Goodness for my Model S Outdoor Cover!
IMG_6648 copy.jpg

All clear! Waiting for Ben then off to DC!
IMG_4997 copy.jpg

Aaron

Did I count 6 MS's in the video?
There were five shown in the video pulling into the hotel at 2:02 AM. The sixth Model S that also went to Groton isn't shown.
TMC Members Recreate NYTimes Roadtrip - Blogs - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

I'm guessing the combined electric field created some kind of time/space anomoly that accounts for Lanny's date :)
This was last year during the original @TeslaRoadTrip on Presidents' Day Weekend. There were claims of a time/space anomoly in that area last winter, but that was a few weeks before we arrived. :smile:
A Most Peculiar Test Drive | Blog | Tesla Motors

Lanny

All,

For those that are not local, I can't speak to what the conditions look like getting to the DC area but, I can show you how the area is doing!

I can honestly say I've never seen this area do any better with this much snow than we are doing now. This picture is from earlier today after 18" fell. We are suppose to get another inch or two, but on the major roadways, the majority of the snow has already been dealt with :)

I'm with you, Bluetinc! It's almost as if the local government knew about our event this weekend and cleaned up the area for the out-of-towners. I was just out in Arlington. Primary and Secondary roads are all clear. My street (easily considered 3rd string) has even been plowed. We're ready for everybody!

I'm with you, Bluetinc! It's almost as if the local government knew about our event this weekend and cleaned up the area for the out-of-towners. I was just out in Arlington. Primary and Secondary roads are all clear. My street (easily considered 3rd string) has even been plowed. We're ready for everybody!

YEA!!! Nothing can stop us!

Aaron