Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2015 - "Reach the Beach" - April 17th-19th, 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last 2-years my wife has been leasing a Nissan Leaf. When that lease is up (March 28, 2016-- not that I'm counting LOL) she wants a Fiat 500. We hope by then the 500e (EV version) will be available in Ohio (right now it is limited to other parts of the country). If not, her 2nd pick is a Volksawgen eGolf (the EV version of the Golf). So her car has been an EV and will remain an EV.

My car has typically been a gas car (i.e. Audi S6 4.0T w/mods, Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive SUV, etc). But you are 100% right .. I can't imagine ever going back. My next car will be either an 85D or P85D Tesla Model S. For us the X doesn't make sense (family of 3 doesn't need a 3-rd row SUV). And the Model 3 is likely to be too down market for my personal desires. I really want the P85D but financially can't justify the $20k premium. But here in Ohio the 85D would be nice for winter, just waiting really for the Next Gen seats to make their way into the 85D configuration and then I'm ordering one hopefully. And my car was an inventory car pre-autopilot, so the upgrade for me will also get me all those goodies! :)

BTW... back on topic... (since chickensevil and I have pretty much ROASTED this topic about my long-distance travels)..... will there be an official hotel with a discounted room rate? Will there be a list of events planned prior to the actual weekend? Just curious... as it dawned on me that my brother lives in Annapolis MD that I could visit him on the way to/from the destination... I might be able to justify the trip for seeing my nephew. Just wondering how that all will go down ...

arijaycomet, I’m glad you and chickensevil have worked out that the trip from Ohio won’t involve an inordinate amount of time Supercharging after all and thanks for steering the conversation back on topic. ;-)

As Aaron said, more details including the agenda and hotel info will be available in February. We are giving advance notice of the date and location so folks who know they want to attend can set that weekend aside. The best thing to do if you are even thinking of coming is to fill out the pre-registration form and then relax knowing that you’ll get an email with complete details as soon as general registration opens. Pre-Register for @TeslaRoadTrip 2015 | TeslaRoadTrip.org

If you’re wondering if it will be worth your while, consider that chickensevil came last year and earlier in this thread he didn’t hesitate to say that he was coming again. Brit4864 traveled over 1,000 miles each way from Florida to attend last year and says he will be making the drive again. Nicoletta from Chicago already is talking of organizing a convoy. Think of what fun that will be! We had a dozen cars drive east-to-west for TMC Connect in July and it was a blast. Why not have a west-to-east group drive to Maryland?

Consider that artsci has said that he will debut the lighted rear appliqué at the event. The informal lighted T workshops that artsci conducted in the parking lot last year was a highlight. But really, this is all about the people in the Tesla community coming together to share the passion. This will be a rare opportunity to be with so many other enthusiastic Tesla owners. Hope to see you in April.

Lanny

arijaycomet, I’m glad you and chickensevil have worked out that the trip from Ohio won’t involve an inordinate amount of time Supercharging after all and thanks for steering the conversation back on topic. ;-)

As Aaron said, more details including the agenda and hotel info will be available in February. We are giving advance notice of the date and location so folks who know they want to attend can set that weekend aside. The best thing to do if you are even thinking of coming is to fill out the pre-registration form and then relax knowing that you’ll get an email with complete details as soon as general registration opens. Pre-Register for @TeslaRoadTrip 2015 | TeslaRoadTrip.org

If you’re wondering if it will be worth your while, consider that chickensevil came last year and earlier in this thread he didn’t hesitate to say that he was coming again. Brit4864 traveled over 1,000 miles each way from Florida to attend last year and says he will be making the drive again. Nicoletta from Chicago already is talking of organizing a convoy. Think of what fun that will be! We had a dozen cars drive east-to-west for TMC Connect in July and it was a blast. Why not have a west-to-east group drive to Maryland?

Consider that artsci has said that he will debut the lighted rear appliqué at the event. The informal lighted T workshops that artsci conducted in the parking lot last year was a highlight. But really, this is all about the people in the Tesla community coming together to share the passion. This will be a rare opportunity to be with so many other enthusiastic Tesla owners. Hope to see you in April.

Lanny

Yes, although to be fair, I am most excited this year because I will have my own car to bring instead of buming a ride from someone else (not complaining by the way, really awesome that people so graciously let me tag along!)

It was my first EV (and Tesla) related group experience and it set the bar for all other events I have been to since (which have also not at all disappointed). I guess what I am saying is if you can fit it into your schedule you will not be disappointed! :)

- - - Updated - - -

PS: yes, sorry for the slight topic derail.

Thanks for the feedback Lanny. I've gone ahead and registered myself on the site for email updates. I'm a good 50/50 on being able to attend (we're running uber lean at work these days, so my absence might be tough to make work). But if possible I'd definitely love to be there. And if Nicoletta wants to coordinate with me on a caravan out east, that would be sweet. Would love to see others from Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, etc... would be pretty awesome to have a group of Tesla driving together :)

Personally speaking, the group drive through DC and down to Mount Vernon last year was a blast! I would have loved to have a clone to be able to stand on the side of the road to hear pedestrian comments. I imagine a couple hundred mile road trip with a couple cars would be even better. Just have a few other details to work out before pre-registering.

"Reach the Beach" On-Site Planning Weekend

Hello All -

Work on @TeslaRoadTrip 2015 - Reach the Beach continues to go extremely well - and we just got back from our on-site planning weekend in Salisbury & Ocean City, MD!

Here are some pictures from our planning weekend. Keep an eye out for the full details & registration form, coming soon....

Aaron

IMG_6043.jpg
IMG_6067.jpg
IMG_6072.jpg
IMG_6073.jpg
IMG_6082.jpg
IMG_6083.jpg
IMG_6084.jpg
IMG_6085.jpg
IMG_6090.jpg
IMG_6092.jpg
IMG_6095.jpg

I'm definitely out. My quality manager's son graduates that weekend, out of state. He is going, and I'm the only backup (I run a small metal stamping company here in Ohio). Blah! Really wanted to come check this out.

If anyone does travel out from west of here (i.e.: Chicago) and passes through Cleveland, let me know. I'd be happy to swing by the local supercharger (Macedonia, Ohio) to say hello/meet any passer-through people. :)

One year ago this weekend, Tesla owners, family and friends gathered in Washington, DC for the first annual @TeslaRoadTrip. In just over two months time we will satisfy our Tesla Fixx in Salisbury & Ocean City, MD for @TeslaRoadTrip 2015 "Reach the Beach!" Watch this thread for more details coming soon!