Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's employee cancelled my Model Y by Mistake!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Tesla Model Y and went to pick it up yesterday, only to be told that they didn't have a car for me because they canceled it by mistake! Apparently the employee at the Eatonville Orlando Service Center had 2 tabs open and canceled my pickup instead of someone else's! Everyone who I have spoken to - the store manager, the sales associate - all of them are saying this is above their head to fix this, and my configuration isn't available. I don't know how they made what was supposed to be a pleasant car buying experience a nightmare. I asked to speak to the regional manager, but I haven't even heard back. Now I have car insurance on a car I don't own, a loan amount in the bank for a car I can't buy. Tesla hasn't even told me how they are going to fix this - they just said they will "try" to find a new car for me, and said, "hopefully someone will cancel their order". I have read a lot about Tesla on this website - Would you be able to help me/give me some advice?

Thanks!

I ordered a Tesla Model Y and went to pick it up yesterday, only to be told that they didn't have a car for me because they canceled it by mistake! Apparently the employee at the Eatonville Orlando Service Center had 2 tabs open and canceled my pickup instead of someone else's! Everyone who I have spoken to - the store manager, the sales associate - all of them are saying this is above their head to fix this, and my configuration isn't available. I don't know how they made what was supposed to be a pleasant car buying experience a nightmare. I asked to speak to the regional manager, but I haven't even heard back. Now I have car insurance on a car I don't own, a loan amount in the bank for a car I can't buy. Tesla hasn't even told me how they are going to fix this - they just said they will "try" to find a new car for me, and said, "hopefully someone will cancel their order". I have read a lot about Tesla on this website - Would you be able to help me/give me some advice?

Thanks!
Confused - canceled pickup or cancelled your order? If your order was cancelled there must have been some indication in your Tesla account. I don't think you're getting the whole story.

Reactions: thesunderman
Hi, I think you're on the right track if you're able to be speaking with a person, that's key. I found it frustrating to be dealing through emails and texts regarding issues that occurred leading up to my delivery. They would email or text me, I would respond and then all would go silent on their end, there would be no further communication, no answering my question in the text or email I sent, or even acknowledgement of receipt. That was weird and part of the process I disliked.

In the 5 or 6 folks I dealt with, I started writing at the end of my texts or emails to Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Worked a couple times. When I called folks and left voicemails I never got a call back, though the issues were resolved behind the scenes and showed up as fixed in my Tesla account.

One minor thing during my delivery last night, was that the service advisor gave me an additional 1,000 free supercharger miles for the inconvenience of a couple discrepancies on the vehicle. I didn't know they could do that and I didn't ask for it, but it's good to know it's an option.

Good luck with getting your car asap.

This is where I'd expect Tesla's system to send an order cancellation email / text to the buyer...just like any e-commerce site. If they had this, you would've received that notification within minutes of the SA accidentally canceling your MY and you could've called him/her right back and have them correct it.

Hello everone,

Thanks for understanding. Just to clarify, I ordered the tesla model y, and they sent me text message updates about delivery. My delivery advisor messaged my VIN. I used that for my car loan and for car insurance. I got a text to schedule my pick up, which I did. No noise from tesla after that. I called to pick up my car on delivery day, and found out that the employee had cancelled my pick up, my car had been released back into circulation. And they are simply unable to do anything about it, not sure about when they get me another car with those specifications. Because both the insurance and the loan are tied to the VIN, its been a huge headache, and the support from tesla has been dismal.

This is where I'd expect Tesla's system to send an order cancellation email / text to the buyer...just like any e-commerce site. If they had this, you would've received that notification within minutes of the SA accidentally canceling your MY and you could've called him/her right back and have them correct it.
OMG, this is exactly what I was feeling! You would think they would let you know, especially for such a large purchase. Its very disappointing

Hi, I think you're on the right track if you're able to be speaking with a person, that's key. I found it frustrating to be dealing through emails and texts regarding issues that occurred leading up to my delivery. They would email or text me, I would respond and then all would go silent on their end, there would be no further communication, no answering my question in the text or email I sent, or even acknowledgement of receipt. That was weird and part of the process I disliked.

In the 5 or 6 folks I dealt with, I started writing at the end of my texts or emails to Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Worked a couple times. When I called folks and left voicemails I never got a call back, though the issues were resolved behind the scenes and showed up as fixed in my Tesla account.

One minor thing during my delivery last night, was that the service advisor gave me an additional 1,000 free supercharger miles for the inconvenience of a couple discrepancies on the vehicle. I didn't know they could do that and I didn't ask for it, but it's good to know it's an option.

Good luck with getting your car asap.
Good to know. Thanks MYP2020.

Wow, just wow. Sorry to hear of this ridiculous experience. I hope something positive happens for you soon! Eatonville seems to get very mixed reviews from a customer service perspective. My experience has been very good so far. I'm scheduled for delivery next week and I guess I'll be prepared in case there's some egregious cluster phenomenon like yours. Sigh.

Oh man Sunderman, I feel for ya. That is so not cool.
I am receiving delivery at that same service center next week hopefully. They are so busy this month who know how many temps advisors nubs got hired.

They should be able to replace it quick! Unless you ordered a Y Performance.

Thanks!
I am so sorry you experienced this! Makes me a little nervous as I am also planning to take delivery from Eatonville in the November timeframe.

If you are picking up at Eatonville, I would follow up very closely. The tesla delivery process is vague and uncertain. I would recommend contacting your delivery advisor every 2-3 days to make sure things are going as planned, because there is no safety net. I found out the hard way. Still waiting for them to resolve the issue.