Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know but Tesla made that spec really difficult to find while the 532hp is still on their main site on the main model s page.
Tesla used to publish the total numbers, e.g. 762 hp but it caused an uproar and even spawned a JB Straubel article to try and explain why they were using the number. Eventually the real number was used but not before many publications and online reviewers etc got the 7xx numbers in their heads.

Tesla used to publish the total numbers, e.g. 762 hp but it caused an uproar and even spawned a JB Straubel article to try and explain why they were using the number. Eventually the real number was used but not before many publications and online reviewers etc got the 7xx numbers in their heads.

They published the fake 691 hp number for a long time but I don't believe I recall they ever published 762 after the L announcement.

Reactions: gpetti
I was catching up on Modern Family episodes and found that Season 7 Episode 15, about 18 minutes into the 21 minute episode a Model S is portrayed.

Modern Family - S07E15.jpg

I was wondering how long that show was going to go without a single glimpse of a Tesla. The absence of any Teslas was/is a bit unrealistic given where it is set.
In fact, they could make a good joke about just how absurdly commonplace they are in the Valley: "Let's take my Tesla" "No, mine's right over here!" "My wife has mine today, so I had to take the Beamer"

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV and LGGD
Where are the mags getting 762 hp for the Tesla? That number is not claimed or posted anywhere. Tesla claims 532 HP for Ludicrous.
Model S | Tesla Motors
Options section
Motor Power 503 hp rear, 259 hp front
They're doing the simple addition, just like Tesla originally did.

Mags will grab the most impressive looking number(s) to parrot.

If Tesla posted a Jupiter Torque of 1,801.76 lb-ft the magazines would probably start quoting that -- "forgetting" Jupiter qualifier.

Reactions: Grendal
A Model S was used on this weeks episode of "Person of Interest." It went a little farther in that the car was driving autonomously. One of the main characters was being chauffeured by the car with the help of the AI that he created.
I'd never heard of this show before, but last night as I was flipping TV channels I stopped when I caught a glimpse of a Model S driving down the street, followed by a scene where it was driving itself with nobody in the drivers seat.

I'd never heard of this show before, but last night as I was flipping TV channels I stopped when I caught a glimpse of a Model S driving down the street, followed by a scene where it was driving itself with nobody in the drivers seat.

Well don't start watching it now. It's on its last season and there is only one episode left. J. J. Abrams and Christopher Nolan's brother Jonathan were behind the show. It had an interesting premise with a mild science fiction angle.

A Model S was used on this weeks episode of "Person of Interest." It went a little farther in that the car was driving autonomously. One of the main characters was being chauffeured by the car with the help of the AI that he created.

For those keeping score, that is season 5, episode 12.

The scene in question begins somewhere around 6 minutes into the show, with a second scene maybe 10 minutes later when Harold arrives at his destination and the valet parking attendant opens the back door for him - then does a double-take as he realizes that there is no one in the driver's seat.

Reactions: Grendal
Well don't start watching it now. It's on its last season and there is only one episode left. J. J. Abrams and Christopher Nolan's brother Jonathan were behind the show. It had an interesting premise with a mild science fiction angle.
The last two seasons got lame with it's continuing storyline.
thx, that's good to know, I was just wondering whether it was worthwhile!