Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I just watched our recording of "Bates Motel" and there was a nice long shot of a grey Model S drive up and then leave with one of the supporting characters that stopped by to visit with Mrs Bates at the hotel. Glad to see Model S being used more in several TV shows...it's almost a game to see how many Model S you can spot on TV & Movies.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I just watched our recording of "Bates Motel" and there was a nice long shot of a grey Model S drive up and then leave with one of the supporting characters that stopped by to visit with Mrs Bates at the hotel. Glad to see Model S being used more in several TV shows...it's almost a game to see how many Model S you can spot on TV & Movies.
I noticed it, as well. Shot is about 8:30 from the beginning.

Just thought I would add some pictures from bates motel, I don't watch any of the other shows mentioned, so this was the first time I had seen it on TV. I was watching the episode on my apple tv and I did double take when I saw it, I was giddy, finally an electric car making an appearance on a real TV show, we have arrived.

Enjoy
Sorry for the ZIP file, I can't post photos yet apparently, :confused:
Tesla

[Mod Note: yeah, the system stops new members from posting pics for a little after you join. Prevents nasty spam etc. However, I've unzipped your file and edited in the pics below; thanks for sharing!]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bates Motel Tesla clip can be found on YouTube. Noticed it yesterday evening during my daily "Tesla Model S YouTube latest videos" search. :smile:

[Mod Note: Added video below]

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla MS spotted on Hannibal (TV show on NBC) on Friday, 4/25/14. A female patient of Dr. Lecter drives up in a red Model S. It's dark, so not much to see. She is driving on snow and sure enough, the only sound you hear is the tires crunching the snow a bit. The whole appearance is in the 5 second range.

Tesla MS spotted on Hannibal (TV show on NBC) on Friday, 4/25/14. A female patient of Dr. Lecter drives up in a red Model S. It's dark, so not much to see. She is driving on snow and sure enough, the only sound you hear is the tires crunching the snow a bit. The whole appearance is in the 5 second range.

Hey I will take it as a positive that they didn't feel the need to dub in extra sound!

My general mistrust for valet parking is cemented in that epic scene in Ferris Bueler's Day Off. This article is basically saying "valets are reckless thieves who don't know how to drive cars but if you bribe them enough, they might take their job seriously. Just for you." I'd rather self-park in a ramp or lot nearby than experience the anxiety described in this article. All that extra work, dialogue, even lying about when you need the car, why? So you don't have to park your car? Once, in San Francisco, I was in a hurry, so I used a valet to park my car because they park like packing a suitcase. I rode with the guy. It was a rental. Maybe a Toyota Camry.