Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Paint Shop Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
great work on the new color discovery guys.

although i think that new Blue color is eye-catching, it still looks an awful lot like every other gas-powered blue car out there. seems less distinctive, though i guess we'll have to wait to see it in person.

full disclosure: i'm a current Blue owner ("Pacific Blue"? "Monterey Blue"?)! =)

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Looks like Tesla didn't like our little tricks and removed the new colors from the server.
crying.gif
I didn't save them either, but I'll see what I have in cache.

although i think that new Blue color is eye-catching, it still looks an awful lot like every other gas-powered blue car out there.
All the current Tesla colors can be found on many other cars.

The only Model S color that I found distinctive was the first grey (with blue/green tints) but that was the first color Tesla dropped out of the original Model S palette.

I do think the Roadster "Very Orange" color is rather distinctive, though hardly unique.

Probably because it's part of the Thursday announcement. I'd almost bet that the order page lets you order these colors come Thursday.
I agree that it's likely to become available on Thursday, though I don't think they would have removed the images for any reason other than to prevent it from getting out more than it already has prior to the announcement.
BTW, didn't find them in cache.

I agree that it's likely to become available on Thursday, though I don't think they would have removed the images for any reason other than to prevent it from getting out more than it already has prior to the announcement.
BTW, didn't find them in cache.

Of course they would - my order locks in tonight. So if the color update comes tomorrow, then I'll be forced to spend $500 to swap to the blue. Pfft. Literally a day too early.

Here's what my DS has said about the Blue:

"We should have the vehicle ready for you by April 10[SUP]th[/SUP]. I wish I had any information about any possible color change but you probably know more than me. If I do hear of anything, I will let you know."

I stand at the ready to call him tomorrow morning at 9:04am if they announce a new blue.

Here's another set of images.

I'm not posting everything since there are many images containing the paint color, like open and closed states for each door. The ones I'm posting are the ones I find most interesting.

Seems peculiar that the app contains those side views. Almost suggests that suspension adjustment may become a feature of the app at some point.

Also, would you mind extracting the rest (hood/doors/trunk) of the Blue & Ocean Blue so that the car looks complete?