Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's "solar roof" Event - Hosted at Universal Studios

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow....that's $11K for 2 powerwalls. Wow.

I'm going to have to look at the specs. They don't seem to come with an Auto On when power is lost in your home. I wonder what they will do when you lose power in your house. I'm sure they will power it, however when the commercial power returns.....I suppose they will have to sync up with the commercial power companies AC phase - otherwise....oh boy.

My Solar Edge inverters feeds power back to the grid by adjusting its voltage 1 volt AC higher than the grid. I wonder if powerwall will adjust for this. I'm sure it would. hmmm.

Sorry, just thinking out loud.

I wonder if i can charge the PW2.0 with AC solar panels
I believe I just read that they have their own inverter. So my assumption would be yes.

Wait - where did you find AC solar panels?

Powerwall 1.0 seamlessly integrates with SolarEdge..I'm going out on a limb to believe that 2.0 does also.

StorEdge%20Flyer_Grid-tied%20and%20Backup_NA_letter_3.png

I believe I just read that they have their own inverter.

Powerwall 1.0 seamlessly integrates with SolarEdge..I'm going out on a limb to believe that 2.0 does also.
PowerWall 2 has its own inverter, so, would SolarEdge just not be needed at all? That makes me believe the following, because they would basically be redundant, and be used in some sort of bypass mode, but there are SO FEW details, I can't know that:

Email from SolarEdge to me, October 17, 2016:
Hello,

I ran this question by our in-house StorEdge engineer and he confirmed that the SE7600A-USS DOES support Tesla Powerwall 2.0.

Thank you,

SolarEdge Support

Last edited:
Beautiful roofs! But to be honest, I was more mesmerized when they showed the Model 3.

Wish Tesla would come up with the following:
  • a more attractive and maintenance free alternative to gutters
  • an automated cleaning system for the roof
  • a safe way to walk on the roof without slipping
Wouldn't that have been a great way to introduce M3 Reveal 2.

Reactions: SΞXY P100D
I wonder if i can charge the PW2.0 with AC solar panels
Where are you guys finding AC solar panels? I'm serious. [solved]. You have enphase micro inverters built in. That's another drawback of Enphase. No way to charge batteries and other DC related products with those.

One solution for AC based product is Outback products. They are expensive as ever, but they have solutions.
Outback Power Inc. - Home

Beautiful roofs! But to be honest, I was more mesmerized when they showed the Model 3.

Wish Tesla would come up with the following:
  • a more attractive and maintenance free alternative to gutters
  • an automated cleaning system for the roof
  • a safe way to walk on the roof without slipping

Same here! They just marched out a Model 3 like it was nothing and my eyes opened wide :confused::eek:

Last edited: