Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslascope.. (alternative to TeslaFi)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found another thing, I have the portal set to metric units - but the conversion seems to be missing. Yesterday I drove a stretch on the Autobahn in Germany and remember topping out at around 150 km/h (~95 mph). The drive shows that my recorded top speed was 93 km/h which look like there's a conversion missing.

This has now been resolved a bit ago! Thanks for reporting it.

I would love more drive data like on teslastics and sharablility
And I would jump over.

Drives now calculate efficiency, average speed and temperatures, battery level + range, temperatures (inside/outside) as well as other relevant metrics such as if the AC was running. Sharing drives will be launching next month (opt-in per drive, for prioritizing privacy).

You can also finally now name Drives, with emoji support. ;)

Here I wrote a Shortcut for iOS that will generate the access token. It's all run locally on your iOS device so you're not giving your email/password to any 3rd party...

Tesla Access Token Shortcut

Thank you for sharing this!

Please provide a link to detailed instructions on how to generate the access token and provide it to Teslascope.

Are you replying to me? If you load the shortcut I linked to above on your iPhone or iPad it will run and ask you for your email and password. When it's done it will have copied the token to the clipboard. (I probably should have displayed it in a window since the clipboard thing isn't that obvious)

@tylercorsair, I truly like the UI of TeslaScope and all features you're planning to implement. Also your approach to securing the platform is ahead of others and transparant. Let me know if you'd like me to help you in translating the site to Dutch! Happy to support you in your efforts to grow this platform.

Vipercat

@tylercorsair Thank you for your explanation regarding your “little” project. I’m doing some investigation between all these spy/scope apps that are available, and I’m going for teslascope, I like the looks and how you tackle some of the security concerns. Will pick up my brand new model 3 tomorrow, so then the real test begins. Can’t wait!

Thank you for going for our service! I'd definitely recommend giving the others a try as well, as they offer some features that Teslascope doesn't (yet), but otherwise, your support is greatly appreciated. I hope your Model 3 is treating you well!!

@tylercorsair, I truly like the UI of TeslaScope and all features you're planning to implement. Also your approach to securing the platform is ahead of others and transparant. Let me know if you'd like me to help you in translating the site to Dutch! Happy to support you in your efforts to grow this platform.

Vipercat

Hey there Vipercat, thank you for your kind words! I would love help with translating the site to Dutch. I will begin working on a translation file so that I can begin offering translations on the platform. If possible, reach out to me at tyler @ teslascope.com.

Thanks for wrting the shortcut. I don't want to be difficult, but how do I know that the shortcut does not send my credentials somewhere?
I know you have no reason to do so, but in general, I am guessing the code in a shortcut could do that.

Thanks for wrting the shortcut. I don't want to be difficult, but how do I know that the shortcut does not send my credentials somewhere?
I know you have no reason to do so, but in general, I am guessing the code in a shortcut could do that.

You can click the little ... in the shortcut and look at the code. You can see the only URL in there is sending data to Tesla.

Thanks. I created an account. I note that settings appears in two places. I set the sleep mode to restful sleep but I still see "last updated one minute ago, so it appears to be poling even though the car is parked and locked. Am I missings something?

Thanks. I created an account. I note that settings appears in two places. I set the sleep mode to restful sleep but I still see "last updated one minute ago, so it appears to be poling even though the car is parked and locked. Am I missings something?

With Restful Sleep, it will stop polling if the vehicle's state goes from online to asleep. In normal circumstances, the vehicle will fall asleep if it isn't interacted with during the 15 minute polling period. This can take longer (and thus prevent sleeping because of a few scenarios such as):
  • Cabin Overheat Protection Enabled (makes the vehicle monitor its temperature, preventing sleep often)
  • You are within Bluetooth connection range to the vehicle and/or have the iPhone Widget enabled.
  • The car has a 1-2 bar (out of 3) connection to your Wifi. The vehicle losing and then attempting to reconnect to the Wifi will cause it to not be able to sleep properly.
  • If Wifi is strong, Tesla may be requesting information from the vehicle. If you have any Wifi monitoring routers or an app (ie: Google Wifi), you can see if this is happening. You can differentiate this from Teslascope based on the polling rate.
  • If you're using Teslascope and any other 3rd party, this can cause overlapping polling rate issues.
  • Close the Tesla mobile app when not actively using it.
Regardless of the above, I'm going to be tweaking Sleep Mode more this month to allow for toggling between a few polling rate windows (10/15/30/60 minutes) to allow for any edge case vehicles to sleep.

You can also reach out via [email protected] if you need more assistance. Thanks for giving our platform a try!

• Helpful
Reactions: Acvr5
The Tesla Early Access Program states:
  • You may not use any third party apps that access data from your vehicle-e.g. TeslaFi, ev-fw.com, etc.
Does Teslascope disqualify one from the Early Access Program?

Technically, yes. While its use does not result in the immediate disqualification of the Early Access Program (as you are not bound by the NDA until accepting the program), the continued use of any third party applications can result in you being kicked out of the program.

There were two individuals who approached me (already Teslascope members) inquiring about this when they were first invited to the Early Access Program. One requested for their account to be deleted, the other merely enabled Quiet Mode (prevents any requests being made on Teslascope's behalf) to the Tesla account, this accomplishing the same effect. Neither individuals have reported losing their EAP access due to prior use of a third party.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Your version looks really nice, but I'd like to know what the biggest reasons for using a service like this is. Is knowing some of this info worth the range loss? If it polls the car every minute then the car won't enter deep sleep, right?

Your version looks really nice, but I'd like to know what the biggest reasons for using a service like this is. Is knowing some of this info worth the range loss? If it polls the car every minute then the car won't enter deep sleep, right?

The vehicle is only polled every minute if it is actively driving or charging (based on the prior minute's vehicle states). If the car was previously charging and it now is "Completed" or otherwise the cord is unplugged, that update gets logged. The following minute, since the previous update was a conclusion, it will stop polling the update for 15 minutes (or 60 minutes if on the normal sleep mode).

During this time, if "Restful" sleep is toggled, when the car falls asleep (deep sleep) during those 15 minutes, if the vehicle's state returns as "asleep" (we can do this call without waking the vehicle up) then polling is paused indefinitely until the state changes back to "online", strictly due to the owner interacting with the vehicle in which polling occurs again. More information on this can be found on our Help Area.

Also, here's a screenshot of my own vehicle's sleep settings!

mApf5G7.png

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
The vehicle is only polled every minute if it is actively driving or charging (based on the prior minute's vehicle states). If the car was previously charging and it now is "Completed" or otherwise the cord is unplugged, that update gets logged. The following minute, since the previous update was a conclusion, it will stop polling the update for 15 minutes (or 60 minutes if on the normal sleep mode).

During this time, if "Restful" sleep is toggled, when the car falls asleep (deep sleep) during those 15 minutes, if the vehicle's state returns as "asleep" (we can do this call without waking the vehicle up) then polling is paused indefinitely until the state changes back to "online", strictly due to the owner interacting with the vehicle in which polling occurs again. More information on this can be found on our Help Area.

Also, here's a screenshot of my own vehicle's sleep settings!

mApf5G7.png
Ok! That's pretty informative thank you. How much additional drain do you see on the vehicle from this type of service?

Ok! That's pretty informative thank you. How much additional drain do you see on the vehicle from this type of service?

With Restful mode, practically zero to none.
upload_2019-9-19_17-40-15.png

In the above screenshot, my vehicle hasn't updated in 14 hours which means that no polling has occured and the vehicle is still fast asleep, so it's not experienced any vampire drain. If I were to go downstairs and open the door, it would wake up and begin polling as explained above. :)

@tylercorsair, would it be possible to log the status of AP and NoA (on / off) during drives? And maybe an overall # of AP mileage/km? Not sure how important others rate such feature, but I’m always been curious on how many miles/km’s I’ve driven using AP and NoA.

The APIs don't report any status regarding if AP or NoA is enabled, unfortunately, so offering this is not possible currently. This limits any types of implementations (such as the percentage of miles driven on or off AP). As someone who uses AP all the time and especially on long distance drives, this would be an analytic that would be incredibly useful for me as well.

Hopefully in the future if it ever gets added to Tesla's APIs!

Bumping this tread from the Netherlands

So installed Teslascope to try in out. Missing the Netherlands timezone? This year think there will be 20.000 m3's registered :)
Love the GUI. Any change there will be apps availible and maybe in combination with teslascope taskers?
A way to setup taskers easy would be great for non experience users.
And maybe an demo version with al the payed options?

Now using teslafi but the follow-up of request is poor. Merging drives is still limmited to 1 drive. Multiple request but for alsmost 2 years no follow up from developers.

Last edited:
With Restful mode, practically zero to none.
View attachment 456794

In the above screenshot, my vehicle hasn't updated in 14 hours which means that no polling has occured and the vehicle is still fast asleep, so it's not experienced any vampire drain. If I were to go downstairs and open the door, it would wake up and begin polling as explained above. :)

The APIs don't report any status regarding if AP or NoA is enabled, unfortunately, so offering this is not possible currently. This limits any types of implementations (such as the percentage of miles driven on or off AP). As someone who uses AP all the time and especially on long distance drives, this would be an analytic that would be incredibly useful for me as well.

Hopefully in the future if it ever gets added to Tesla's APIs!

My teslascope misses the first 15km of every drive. Don't know whats happening? teslafi is recording every meter fine.
Any sollutions? Pretty useless this way