Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model y gets auto dimming side mirrors and sentry mode USB in glove box, plus metal scroll wheels....center console next?? VIN 725XX....anyone else here?

Tesla Model Y Gets Auto-Dimming Side Mirrors, USB in Glovebox, Metal Scroll Wheels - TeslaNorth.com

I'm picking up my 75xxx on Nov 30 (order placed on Nov 4) - it's confirmed to have dimming side mirrors and new windows but not the usb in glovebox. Not sure about the metal scroll wheels. I don't remember my VIN date but it's on the spreadsheet.

I'm picking up my 75xxx on Nov 30 (order placed on Nov 4) - it's confirmed to have dimming side mirrors and new windows but not the usb in glovebox. Not sure about the metal scroll wheels. I don't remember my VIN date but it's on the spreadsheet.

That's interesting because there are a couple of YouTube videos claiming a MY owner w/VIN 72xxx claims to have USB in the glovebox. Are sure about no USB in glove compartment? Maybe it does and you have to see your MY in person?

Congratulations on getting your MY so quickly...

MY Refresh video 1:

MY Refresh video 2:

Last edited:
That's interesting because there are a couple of YouTube videos claiming a MY owner w/VIN 72xxx claims to have USB in the glovebox. Are sure about no USB in glove compartment? Maybe it does and you have to see your MY in person?

Congratulations on getting your MY so quickly...

It's more about the manf date, apparently. My manf date was Nov 11, but still I'd think that would have the USB. My SA seemed very sure of it, so will take his word until I see otherwise for myself.

I am finishing my 19th day as well, i ordered on 10/31 though. you are 4 names above me, everyone between us east/west cost got their vins. the only bright side here is that we are most likely getting the refreshed post 72000 vins, with the auto dimming side mirrors, and the USB for sentry in the glove box. but i really do not want to reappraise my damn trade in or re-qualify for my loan....

What build date are those features associated with?

Once again, per Tesla in a July email:

Tesla: "Hello James, We receive our vehicles from the factory in large batches every 3 months. Therefore, the wait time is all dependent on when the order is placed. As of today, we are expecting to receive all of our vehicles this quarter in mid-September."

Me: So your SC doesn’t receive vehicles as they’re ordered?

Tesla: "You are correct, we receive them all around the same time. This is why our website provides estimates for how long it will take to receive your vehicle. For example, our website is currently estimating 3-5 weeks for delivery."
not exactly sure how this correspondences is relative to anything. i see that that someone at Tesla told you that they receive all cars together every three months. however, that doesn't really mean anything if people that ordered their cars more than three months ago, still do not have them today.. also, while it is understood that Tesla wont be shipping one car at a time to a separate state, and the are most likely sending bulk cars with different specs to different regions. if you run any sort of filtration on the Tracking Spreadsheet pinned to this post, you will find no correlation even between the Vin date and the delivery date let alone colors, specs, and location of delivery. there are people that ordered cars in the first week of NOV that already have vins of car that was built in NOV, and they are even possibly getting them delivered in NOV. so getting cars once every three month doesn't seem accurate regardless of how you slice it. bottom line, people are getting different answers from different individuals at Tesla, the answers you are getting could potentially be accurate, but the data tells a completely different story. one thing is for sure, the more you wait for your car, the better the built quality, and possibly even the feature. the more we try to understand how it all works from Tesla standpoint, the more we are all getting frustrated.

Hi, everybody. Here are the links for this project:

Hi Troy, could you add a Refresh/New column to the spreadsheet, please?

That way everyone can see when and what refreshed or new items, or changes are made.

Thanks

You mean multiple times a day? Yes. Even so, not expecting mine for another month since it looks like they're not shipping any MYP with tow hitches lately.
i think you will hear good news soon man. they are on MYP kick right now after a long while. filter the spreadsheet by Performance and you will see that they are shipping out all performance, different colors interior and exterior, or wheels, i think you are getting a vin within 48-72 hours.

None with Tow Hitch since 49xxx...but really I'm fine with waiting. I actually prefer it's between christmas and new years for mine. If it takes too long after that I may just switch out for no hitch and do it on my own time as it's not a big need for me right now until I get a jetski for the summer.

i think you will hear good news soon man. they are on MYP kick right now after a long while. filter the spreadsheet by Performance and you will see that they are shipping out all performance, different colors interior and exterior, or wheels, i think you are getting a vin within 48-72 hours.

hi all. Ordered a White on White with wheel upgrade for my wife over the weekend as a suprise gift for her. Been working with the Salesperson that helped me out last year with my S. Havent received a VIN yet, but she said I should be looking at getting the car before end of year. (that would be great). If the car isnt here by Christmas, that means I'll have to spend MORE money on a Xmas gift. lol.

This is in Virginia by the way.

Reactions: imola.zhp
There are very little CA deliveries probably happening now. I got rear ended in my Model 3 (totaled) on Nov 6th and placed an order for a Model Y a week later. I except to have to wait closer to end of December but this person right below me on the spreadsheet ordered the day before me and has the same config and color and already got his. I'm happy for them but damn am I jealous because now I have to drive a rental until I get the car lol!

2AD2F5CA-E683-4588-8827-3C791704B5F5.jpeg