Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another other Massachusetts orders still waiting for a VIN?

MY LR
Pearl white
Black interior
20” tires
No FSD
Yes tow hitch

ordered same config but black exterior on 10/19, updated it to white exterior on 11/5. No VIN yet.

The wait is a total drag man! I just want my awesome new car!

Got any tips on how to not obsess over this!?!?

I'm in the same boat as you, TheTranquilOne. Ordered 10/18 in Arkansas, MYP, MSM, black interior, FSD, and Tow. About to get my renewed trade-in this week. Anyway to know if the account is match ready? All tasks are complete except insurance, but that needs a VIN in my state, so I think I'm good, but two different SAs mentioned it, but with no follow up when pressed.

I'm just hoping the MSMs are on the line this week. According to the tracking sheet seems they are delivering white and blue right now.
Same, just insurance left on my list which I can’t complete without VIN. I’m wondering the same...just want to know if I’ve done everything I can do. I noticed that too about the colors...crosses fingers.

Ordered 10/8, LR, Midnight Metallic Silver, Geminis, just got matched with a 51xxx VIN. By the way, as closely as we all scrutinize the spreadsheet, how many of you have sorted by VIN? Kind of interesting results...
First time poster, so forgive me if that's old news.

it seems that they are vin matching only all black interior this week. i am not even sure how to track anymore. someone ordered the same config i order a week after me and already got their vin. there are no specific way for us to predict anything. first, i thought they are building batches of specific colors, then i figured that probably not correct if they are matching vins for a mix of colors and specs on a single day within the same vin range.then i thought it is tow vs no tow, this is not correct either. its a bet frustrating if we have to reappraise our trade ins, even more so if we have to reapply for credit and ding our scores even further. i know it has only been 19 days since i order and i was promised 4-8 weeks, this would have been fine if i didnt already see that they produced my exact spec and give it to one or two people that ordered after i did.

MY | Black/White Interior | with Tow | No FSD | Ordered: 10/31

it seems that they are vin matching only all black interior this week. i am not even sure how to track anymore. someone ordered the same config i order a week after me and already got their vin. there are no specific way for us to predict anything. first, i thought they are building batches of specific colors, then i figured that probably not correct if they are matching vins for a mix of colors and specs on a single day within the same vin range.then i thought it is tow vs no tow, this is not correct either. its a bet frustrating if we have to reappraise our trade ins, even more so if we have to reapply for credit and ding our scores even further. i know it has only been 19 days since i order and i was promised 4-8 weeks, this would have been fine if i didnt already see that they produced my exact spec and give it to one or two people that ordered after i did.

MY | Black/White Interior | with Tow | No FSD | Ordered: 10/31
it is also very telling that out of 50 vins in the last 6 days, only 4 are for black and white interior. i find it surprising that the more your car cost (options) the more time you are waiting to be "matched".
This and This.

Ordered Oct 13 for LR AWD, Deep Blue, Black and White Interior, FSD, and Tow. Still waiting on Vin.

Also the orders on the East coast are getting filled earlier than the West coast. Makes me feel like they are sending some early in the quarter to Europe and some East coast deliveries are piggybacking on the boats. It has only been 19 days for me and I am going nuts!!

I am finishing my 19th day as well, i ordered on 10/31 though. you are 4 names above me, everyone between us east/west cost got their vins. the only bright side here is that we are most likely getting the refreshed post 72000 vins, with the auto dimming side mirrors, and the USB for sentry in the glove box. but i really do not want to reappraise my damn trade in or re-qualify for my loan....

I am finishing my 19th day as well, i ordered on 10/31 though. you are 4 names above me, everyone between us east/west cost got their vins. the only bright side here is that we are most likely getting the refreshed post 72000 vins, with the auto dimming side mirrors, and the USB for sentry in the glove box. but i really do not want to reappraise my damn trade in or re-qualify for my loan....
Your loan is usually valid for 60 days so I wouldn't worry to much about it yet. As for trade-in I sold mine to carvana instead of trading it in. The gave me way more than Tesla offered in trade. Enough to offset the sales tax savings from the trade in and then some.

Your loan is usually valid for 60 days so I wouldn't worry to much about it yet. As for trade-in I sold mine to carvana instead of trading it in. The gave me way more than Tesla offered in trade. Enough to offset the sales tax savings from the trade in and then some.

tried the Carvana route but they already gave me a lower offer than Tesla. i guess i got lucky with my trade in. i also still need to drive to work while waiting on the car. also, did get a text last night saying that Tesla expect my Model Y will be ready for delivery between 2-4 weeks and that this was an "estimate" that could move in either way. so overall, i am still within the initial 4-8 weeks delivery time, it is just so frustrating to see people coming after you, ordering same exact specs, and getting it faster.

tried the Carvana route but they already gave me a lower offer than Tesla. i guess i got lucky with my trade in. i also still need to drive to work while waiting on the car. also, did get a text last night saying that Tesla expect my Model Y will be ready for delivery between 2-4 weeks and that this was an "estimate" that could move in either way. so overall, i am still within the initial 4-8 weeks delivery time, it is just so frustrating to see people coming after you, ordering same exact specs, and getting it faster.
Same. Just got the same text last night. Annoying more than anything.
Ordered 10/19, updated ext. color 11/05.

Same. Just got the same text last night. Annoying more than anything.
Ordered 10/19, updated ext. color 11/05.

I too just received a text my MY will be delivered 2 to 4 weeks…

I originally ordered a MY on July 31st and then canceled my order because I just wasn’t happy w/quality issues I was still seeing.

I re-ordered another MY on October 21st. Now, my MY will have the laminated glass, auto-dimming mirrors, USB in the glove compartment, steel scroll wheels AND possibly the new 82 Kw battery.

My point, why complain about how long it’s taking for deliveries, when your getting a better MY soon! And, the next deliveries are in line w/Tesla’s normal delivery schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: imola.zhp
I too just received a text my MY will be delivered 2 to 4 weeks…

I originally ordered a MY on July 31st and then canceled my order because I just wasn’t happy w/quality issues I was still seeing.

I re-ordered another MY on October 21st. Now, my MY will have the laminated glass, auto-dimming mirrors, USB in the glove compartment, steel scroll wheels AND possibly the new 82 Kw battery.

My point, why complain about how long it’s taking for deliveries, when your getting a better MY soon! And, the next deliveries are in line w/Tesla’s normal delivery schedule.
I'm not complaining exactly. As long as they deliver within my original estimate I'm happy. Just that when you have already sold your car in preparation for getting a new one and you see most other people who ordered around the same time getting cars already it's a bit frustrating.

Reactions: Jamezam
I'm not complaining exactly. As long as they deliver within my original estimate I'm happy. Just that when you have already sold your car in preparation for getting a new one and you see most other people who ordered around the same time getting cars already it's a bit frustrating.

Would you be happy with a MY without the refresh items?

Tesla delivery’s take place quarterly instead of building on demand, like when we bought our M3.

If you just sold the only car you have available, that can be tough. Begin with the end in mind, just think now how incredibly happy you’ll be when you have your MY. You won’t even care if it’s not delivered within the timeline.

Hang in there and have patience…

To those that have studied and watched this sheet for a while (I am new here)...I filtered the sheet to find out how many builds exactly matched mine and was surprised that there are only 2 with the same build! MY, LR, AWD, MSM, Black/Black, Tow Hitch, 20", Loan. I realize that this list is not ALL of the MY orders that Tesla has received, but has there been any trend where a bulk of orders is needed before production/VIN assignment? Thanks in advance!

Once again, per Tesla in a July email:

Tesla: "Hello James, We receive our vehicles from the factory in large batches every 3 months. Therefore, the wait time is all dependent on when the order is placed. As of today, we are expecting to receive all of our vehicles this quarter in mid-September."

Me: So your SC doesn’t receive vehicles as they’re ordered?

Tesla: "You are correct, we receive them all around the same time. This is why our website provides estimates for how long it will take to receive your vehicle. For example, our website is currently estimating 3-5 weeks for delivery."

Reactions: Ldub22