Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To make myself feel better, I took the order tracker spreadsheet from google docs and did some analysis in excel. I think we should all ignore our delivery windows as at the end of the day, usually takes 33 days to receive a Y after ordering, and 28 days if you clean the data to when folks completed their order profile. Here's what I found, with detail broken out by Paint/Interior/Tow Hitch.

I cleaned the data to remove delivery dates input that are in the future, and this is ONLY data for Long-Range AWD (NOT Performance) orders placed in 2021. I didn't bother breaking down by performance/long range as performance is just such a small % of total orders listed on the data.

Another fun fact - average VIN to Delivery time is 8 days! So if you get your VIN but don't have a delivery time, I'd be feeling pretty good.

I'd like to offer my help to whoever created this google docs spreadsheet - I'd really like to create a couple of sheets with dashboards like this which show recent trends in order data by trim type, to help people make ordering decisions, and to relax some anxiety/obsessiveness we all have with our orders. There are a few sheets in there now, but none focused on median/average order time by build type.

EXCEL_VXkZrMGdZg.png

Last edited: