Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test drive without appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've finally got a chance to do a test drive (closest store is 3 hours from me) but they're booked all weekend. I'm still going to go by just to get up close looks but was wondering if they ever do test drives without appointments, say if they've got extra time or someone cancels or doesn't show.

Not that I need any convincing to buy one but was hoping to get behind the wheel. If not, maybe I'll get a chance this spring.

The local service center here in Northern California allowed me to test drive without an appointment, I had to wait an hour as they had one scheduled same time I asked, but after they were done I was given a test drive.
However it's definitely better to schedule ahead, that way you'll know for sure since it's a 3 hour drive for you

Speaking of distance, I got a no appointment test drive last summer ... In Sydney Australia!! Had to wait awhile, they were very nice. Right hand drive! :eek:
Other test drives I have had the pleasure of ... were mostly about the terrible traffic problems in their respective cities. Uugh. Hope you fare better.

Last edited:
At the DEDHAM MA location when I was still considering options and what not, I did a scheduled appt and a drop in. Both times I drove different cars to get a feel for the different seats, batteries, etc. They were always busy, but managed to fit us in. The sales folks at Tesla are generally very good and understand the clientele that they are working with expects that level of service.

At the SLC service center they have been known to do drives if not busy. But as other have said always best to ring ahead.

If you do happen by your service center and they don't have time maybe see if anyone there that's charging will take you for a ride. More than once when the Tesla sales people were busy I've been happy to do impromptu drives.

Just go there and wait... they will work you in. Amazing demand for these cars.

At the SLC service center they have been known to do drives if not busy. But as other have said always best to ring ahead.

If you do happen by your service center and they don't have time maybe see if anyone there that's charging will take you for a ride. More than once when the Tesla sales people were busy I've been happy to do impromptu drives.