Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe @MarkinArch has more info because he and I went through the pain at the same time :)

@ummgood great assessment of RBFCU process. This will help many others.

I spoke with RBFCU this morning and they indicated that they do not overnight checks on Fridays. Anything processed Friday or after 4pm on Thursday will be sent on Monday by 4pm UPS pickup.

I need to confirm address and person to send check to at Tesla prior to UPS pickup Monday.

Hope this helps a few people.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Couple of T's side by side. Note the roof (solar) and garage (Sonnen Battery).

Ts 3 & S.jpg

RBFCU sent the check to Fremont before I had gotten the Vegas address from my ISA. I applaud their prompt delivery, but wish they would have confirmed a delivery locale.

My check may never be found/delivery may be stuck in a black hole forever until someone finds a check on the bottom of some junk mail pile.

lol you guys move on so fast. Let’s enjoy M3 a bit more then jump to model Y.
Btw did anyone park their M3 outside yesterday when there’s hails? Just want to know how reliable is the glass roof.
Thanks

My wife pulled into our garage literally about 1 minute before it started coming down here in McKinney. It wasn't as bad as last years major hail storm but it was a lot.

And the 3 is fantastic but lets see the Y already

That’s good, last year was bad. Do you think the glass roof will stand a chance against a storm like that?

This one on Friday, yea I think it would have been fine as it was quarter size but there were some golf ball random ones in there.

The one last year? No chance. I had some tennis ball sized ones and her previous car had over $7k in damage and a cracked windshield. These Texas springs are getting annoying. (3rd year here from Florida).

• Love
Reactions: SP_H
This one on Friday, yea I think it would have been fine as it was quarter size but there were some golf ball random ones in there.

The one last year? No chance. I had some tennis ball sized ones and her previous car had over $7k in damage and a cracked windshield. These Texas springs are getting annoying. (3rd year here from Florida).

In 2012, the metroplex (especially the Coppell area) had such a torrential downpour of very large hail that pretty much all the cars left outside were ruined, and nearly all the houses needed roof changes. It didn't used to be this common, but the last 10 years or so has brought serious hailstorms nearly every year.

I'll say that hail storm a few years ago in San Marcos nothing would survive. I know that some Saturns were having holes punched through their plastic coated body panels. Plus cars had sunroofs and windshields shattered. I don't know what it is about where my house is but we get very little hail. I don't know if it is the terrain of the hill country or what but we have been pretty blessed to not have any damage to our property. We do have issues with trees falling over in wind storms etc... but no hail damage. My house sits high on a hill and it sounds like a horror movie when the wind blows because of no protection from neighbors houses but other than that we are pretty good.

Back on topic, today Tesla should be receiving my check. We'll see how long it takes to get my car from this point. I am so happy to be done with the financing/payment stuff.

I'll say that hail storm a few years ago in San Marcos nothing would survive. I know that some Saturns were having holes punched through their plastic coated body panels. Plus cars had sunroofs and windshields shattered. I don't know what it is about where my house is but we get very little hail. I don't know if it is the terrain of the hill country or what but we have been pretty blessed to not have any damage to our property. We do have issues with trees falling over in wind storms etc... but no hail damage. My house sits high on a hill and it sounds like a horror movie when the wind blows because of no protection from neighbors houses but other than that we are pretty good.

Back on topic, today Tesla should be receiving my check. We'll see how long it takes to get my car from this point. I am so happy to be done with the financing/payment stuff.
Well now I know where I'm driving to anytime the skies darken over central Texas in the spring. On another note, I got a quote from RBFCU for 2.39%, which is about a point better than everywhere else I've looked. But in their quote email, they asked for Name/Address/Telephone number of the "dealership" I'm buying from. What info did you give them for that?

Well now I know where I'm driving to anytime the skies darken over central Texas in the spring. On another note, I got a quote from RBFCU for 2.39%, which is about a point better than everywhere else I've looked. But in their quote email, they asked for Name/Address/Telephone number of the "dealership" I'm buying from. What info did you give them for that?

I just put in the details from my MVPA for that (Tesla Motors, Inc etc.) and for the phone number i put the delivery number or ISA phone number. Shouldn't really matter.

Reactions: likeafox

Just tell them you are ordering a Tesla. That is most likely a form letter. They know all about loaning for Tesla's they just need some guidance for the new Model 3 process. When you get your VIN and are contacted by your ISA make sure to ask for the address, contact info, etc... of where the check should be mailed to like I mentioned in my long email before. Then call up RBFCU and make sure they know all the info.

I think the more I think about all of this the reason they have trouble with Tesla is they are used to dealing with dealerships. They put the dealership info in their computer and then whenever anyone buys from that dealership they just send everything the same way as before. The problem is Tesla is changing and is a large company. They might move where the payment processing is handled (I think the already moved it from Fremont to Las Vegas) while dealerships tend to stay put. So RBFCU isn't used to asking where/who the check should go to. So you have to be proactive about knowing where they should send the check.

Reactions: likeafox