Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I arranged my Vehicle Buyer's Check with RBFCU today. Figured it would be easier to overnight the check myself as soon as I get contact with my rep than to try and time things with RBFCU and hope they will overnight a check. It also means I won't have to try and get my wife on the phone to approve the check later. I'll be able to pick it up at one of their locations at my convenience so I don't even have to wait for them to ship it to me.

Hopefully I'll see a VIN sometime within the next week or so. VINs for Aero (non-silver) orders seem to be progressing nicely with a lot of activity over the weekend. They should be done with 3/22 VINs this week at this rate.
0x2ctwx5ixz5uv55dgql4ugvgini93u9p26.png

Reactions: GDNTX
I arranged my Vehicle Buyer's Check with RBFCU today. Figured it would be easier to overnight the check myself as soon as I get contact with my rep than to try and time things with RBFCU and hope they will overnight a check. It also means I won't have to try and get my wife on the phone to approve the check later. I'll be able to pick it up at one of their locations at my convenience so I don't even have to wait for them to ship it to me.

Hopefully I'll see a VIN sometime within the next week or so. VINs for Aero (non-silver) orders seem to be progressing nicely with a lot of activity over the weekend. They should be done with 3/22 VINs this week at this rate.
View attachment 294742
I see a lot of red for Pearl White with aeros....sigh

Yep - reported on the other forum and updated spreadsheet. Got the invite on Friday. Dallas, online as soon reservations went online. Will configure in 7 to 10 days. MSM w Sport and EAP.
I have no will power, I configured last night. Of course CitiBank freaked out with the $2500 charge so I had to listen to their craziness for 15 minutes while getting the payment approved, but now I'm hitting enter every 30 minutes waiting on the VIN !!

Reactions: bollar and likeafox
Here she is!!! Picked her up from San Antonio Dominion location yesterday after work and was the only person taking delivery so I got the VIP treatment. They were almost as excited as I was/still am because I was the first non Tesla owner to take delivery of the 3 in San Antonio.

There were a couple small chips on the bumper and rear trunk lid that occurred during delivery so they are going to take care of those for me. I will get a P100D as a loaner.

The drive home was amazing and MUCH more than I was expecting in terms of performance (especially 30-70), handling (no the 19 inch sport wheels are not harsh), and fit and finish. They did a full charge which read 313 miles and my trip home was filled with BMW's and Prius' staring as I or they drove by.

The latest software update downloaded last night, so I have the nice Autopilot controls on steering wheel (which activated at 39 miles).

Other than that, try to be patient, the car is worth it. It outperforms my Audi in every respect- technology, handling, comfort, performance.

Marks 3.jpg

The silver is really beautiful!

My delivery date is the 24th and I called Monday and my car hadn't even left California yet. It was a bit disappointing because Mark and I were pretty much same exact timing for everything including payment from RBFCU. I am nervous that my car had some issue that is preventing it from being shipped. Anyway I'll be calling tomorrow to see if it is at least en route to Austin. I am guessing if it isn't en route by tomorrow then my delivery will be delayed.

Reactions: MarkinArch
Anyway I'll be calling tomorrow to see if it is at least en route to Austin.

This is obviously limited to one data point, but in my experience my ISA disappeared as soon as the car was shipped. He said he'd let me know once the car was on the truck, but that call/email never came, and multiple calls/email were never returned. I didn't know the car had made it to Dallas until I went to the SC and asked. Then about 2 hours later I got the call from the person at the SC. So if you don't have luck with Las Vegas, try the service center.

The silver is really beautiful!

My delivery date is the 24th and I called Monday and my car hadn't even left California yet. It was a bit disappointing because Mark and I were pretty much same exact timing for everything including payment from RBFCU. I am nervous that my car had some issue that is preventing it from being shipped. Anyway I'll be calling tomorrow to see if it is at least en route to Austin. I am guessing if it isn't en route by tomorrow then my delivery will be delayed.

Not necessarily delayed. Sounds like they are trucking the cars right now instead of using rail and if that's the case it can be in Austin 2 days after it leaves California. Someone else just went through this and his car's status didn't change to "in transit" until Monday and he took delivery in Houston on Thursday.

Mike

Did you call your ISA or the SC for details about where the car is in the shipping process? Also, I wonder if our cars will be on the same transport!

I called the SC on Monday and he said the car was still in Cali. That is what got me worrying :) The guy at the SC really did have his act together (or it seemed that way by the way he communicated). He definitely seemed more prepared/knowledgeable than the ISA I was assigned.

This is obviously limited to one data point, but in my experience my ISA disappeared as soon as the car was shipped. He said he'd let me know once the car was on the truck, but that call/email never came, and multiple calls/email were never returned. I didn't know the car had made it to Dallas until I went to the SC and asked. Then about 2 hours later I got the call from the person at the SC. So if you don't have luck with Las Vegas, try the service center.

Thanks I did call them. I'll call again tomorrow. Based on my appointment I would assume the car would either be en-route or at the service center by tomorrow or Friday. I guess it could arrive on Monday. I was just surprised it was sitting still in California. I am guessing the trucks are loading based on when appointments are made. My ISA said the first available in Austin was the 24th but the service center said they would move it up if the car came earlier.

Not necessarily delayed. Sounds like they are trucking the cars right now instead of using rail and if that's the case it can be in Austin 2 days after it leaves California. Someone else just went through this and his car's status didn't change to "in transit" until Monday and he took delivery in Houston on Thursday.

Mike

Thanks! It is good to know that it is a few days before delivery that it might get on the truck. I'll stop stressing about it as much. Just when you have gone this long after having to pay it is a bit unnerving. Especially buying something sight unseen that cost 60k. Then that thought crosses your mind that there are issues with the car when others posting at the same time going through the process got their car an entire week before you. Just raises some suspicion. Plus I am not being very patient haha. I am super excited to get my car! Plus my kids are excited too but they don't know the day because I don't want to tell them in case it changes and I am going to surprise them by picking them up from school in it.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike