Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, that last one is one number off from my VIN! Maybe it's a typo because this guy is getting lonely in my garage.
39129270_2380692085279420_1247224692775845888_o.jpg

Reactions: jdirik
Heads Up Austinites! I hope one of these is yours...
Not me!

I think those United Road deliveries are all coming directly from CA, right? Those of us in OKC Purgatory haven't figured out how to trace how they are getting cars from there to ATX to my knowledge. Or maybe the reason is, they aren't.

I, too, have a Tesla charger glowing mockingly and uselessly in my garage.

Not me!

I think those United Road deliveries are all coming directly from CA, right? Those of us in OKC Purgatory haven't figured out how to trace how they are getting cars from there to ATX to my knowledge. Or maybe the reason is, they aren't.

I, too, have a Tesla charger glowing mockingly and uselessly in my garage.
@pub cheese I still have no idea where mine is. No one, local or Nevada seems to want to give that information to me so I will remain optimistic that there is a typo in this delivery paperwork and mine is coming from Cali. One can dream, right? Did you get the Austin Energy Rebate for installing your charger? That is another thing I am having difficulties tracking down.

@pub cheese I still have no idea where mine is. No one, local or Nevada seems to want to give that information to me so I will remain optimistic that there is a typo in this delivery paperwork and mine is coming from Cali. One can dream, right? Did you get the Austin Energy Rebate for installing your charger? That is another thing I am having difficulties tracking down.

I only know where mine is from Dylan, who seems to span space and time and is located in both Texas and California. He told me the car is "on its last little leg of the journey" , being "5-6 hours away." That was weeks ago and before my first delayed delivery date. Google Maps puts Tinker AFB in OK about 5 1/2 hours away from Austin, which seems to be near where the lot is, based on reporting in this thread.

I'm Pedernales Electric and asked. No rebate for me.

I only know where mine is from Dylan, who seems to span space and time and is located in both Texas and California. He told me the car is "on its last little leg of the journey" , being "5-6 hours away." That was weeks ago and before my first delayed delivery date. Google Maps puts Tinker AFB in OK about 5 1/2 hours away from Austin, which seems to be near where the lot is, based on reporting in this thread.

I'm Pedernales Electric and asked. No rebate for me.
Oh man that stinks on the rebate. We also live west but are still Austin Energy and I hope to see you zipping around in your M3 soon!

Oh man that stinks on the rebate. We also live west but are still Austin Energy and I hope to see you zipping around in your M3 soon!

Hope the same for you, @amietk. Even though honestly every time I see someone getting theirs, it feels like a cellmate making bond and getting released from the Texas Hold Up! jail while we're still stuck staring through the cold jail cell bars (even though we've already paid our fine). Dramatic first world problems.

Another fresh batch delivered 30 minutes ago to Houston North from Lathrop, CA:

5YJ3E1EB8JF074168 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA9JF053417 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA6JF076671 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA2JF047796 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA7JF057370 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA5JF051101 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA2JF053887 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA1JF070888 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA8JF056874 TESLA MODEL 3

• Informative
Reactions: SleepingLesson
Just got my date bumped again for a San Antonio delivery. So let's see how my journey has gone:

7/1/17 Reservation
7/29/18 Configured
8/13/18 Fully funded and first delivery set
8/22/18 First delivery date postponed because "your car didn't make it on the truck"
8/29/18 Second delivery date postponed because I don't know yet as no contact has been made. I just noticed on the website.
9/12/18 Third delivery date

I haven't seen any others looking for San Antonio delivery but just wanted everyone to know it is just as problematic here as the rest of Texas. Obviously overall I am still looking to get the car sooner than the original delivery estimate when I configured but making all of these poor estimates is very frustrating because I keep having to make arrangements just in case the delivery happens. I would much rather know it will take a month to deliver from the beginning.

Wait what? I "happened" to check my account page just now (for the 100th time today) and suddenly see a Sept 8 delivery appointment! No VIN, but as the theory goes, I won't see that till a week before.

Jenifer Tesla has not contacted me. But she's real busy.

Yay Austin.
!!

Let me go check mine.

Sept. 8, 2018 at 01:30 PM

Huh! It's something. I'm not getting my hopes up. Would have really liked this coming weekend though, as it's my birthday on Friday.

I've been bumped from 8/29 to 9/10 for delivery at Cedar Springs. My IDA assures me she is working with logistics to get the car moved from the Fort Worth hub in time to make this delivery.

My delivery hasn't been pushed out again yet because it is tentatively set for August 31st . When I asked if the car has been moved from the DFW rail hub to Cedar Springs Service center, she said the were still waiting for the logistics team to schedule that transportation. Not hopeful of getting the car this weekend after your post.

High-five @SleepingLesson! And happy early birthday!

But you're right. Let's not get our hopes up!
Yes, High-Five, y'all! @SleepingLesson and @pub cheese . With all of this "semi" good news that your cars may be getting on trucks soon, I emailed Tiffany to ask if that VIN number (that so close to mine) might be actually my car. I'm not holding my breath, but maybe she will tell me where my car is.
@SleepingLesson They better have a big ol' bow on your car when you arrive!

good luck guys, I hope you all get yours soon. Waiting 30-40+ days is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm hoping what has happened is that this ended up being some sort of unannounced recall on your vehicles. Perhaps a batch had problems with something, and they've had to hold them back to replace whatever is bad. Purely optimistic speculation on my part.

I wondered why when I heard from my IDA about payment received, that my appointment was 3 weeks away, when they told me 2 weeks after payment. Perhaps it's a buffer they've built in already knowing there are issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: pub cheese
Some thoughts. I believe part of the trouble in moving cars from the Fort Worth Alliance hub is that I understand the BNSF facility is in a free trade zone (FTZ) and, therefore, is within a secure area. I'm sure certain paperwork is needed to get vehicles out of there. I also suspect that Tesla is shipping the cars by rail out of Richmond to Texas even before payment or contracts are finalized in order to free up storage space in CA. I don't believe it is true that Tesla will not ship a car to Texas until it has been paid for or the contract signed. The better theory is that Tesla will not start the special process it must employ to transfer title to a buyer in Texas until the car has been paid for.

I don't see any reason why Tesla could not store its Texas cars in the Alliance BNSF facility until it is ready to deliver the cars to Cedar Springs or Austin or perhaps other locations. Before that can happen, Tesla must have completed its transfer of ownership so as to avoid violating the Texas dealer laws. Some other person must deliver or "sell" the car. My theory is that the delay in transfering Texas cars out of BNSF Fort Worth is due to the security aspect of staging in a FTZ and the possibility that the cars had not been formally transferred to the Texas buyer when first shipped.

When Tesla sends a car from CA by truck, I'm pretty sure all the paperwork has been completed so the truck transport can just pull into the delivery center and delivery for a happy M3 customer is just a day later. This is probably why so many cars on United Road's delivery tracker are held up in CA before departing - they are waiting for paperwork clearance in the back office.

What is driving all of this, I believe is Tesla's need for storage and staging due to the ramp up in car production versus the unique problems with Tesla operating in Texas. I'm sure there are some holes in all of this, but it makes sense to me.