Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there everyone, can one of y'all from Austin check on my VIN? Getting a little antsy as my 9/24 date approaches..

Also if your ISA in Vegas is Stephanie A, you are in for an awesome experience! First e-mail from her was Aug 31st (Friday) I shopped around for loans and got my pre-approval info to her on the 1st, she was in on SUNDAY to get my final MVPA requested. Got the final MVPA on the 4th, signed and sent off to.. I guess my IDA? Got that back on the 7th, and am now awaiting delivery :)
I just got Stephanie A (last night) as my ISA as well. Everything is confirmed. She's requested the MVPA and tentatively scheduled 9/28 delivery at Pond Springs. :cool: Not sure I believe it but

Reactions: paco878
I just got Stephanie A (last night) as my ISA as well. Everything is confirmed. She's requested the MVPA and tentatively scheduled 9/28 delivery at Pond Springs. :cool: Not sure I believe it but
Hey Stephanie is my IDA too! :D I'm also tentatively scheduled for 09/28 at Pond Springs. Maybe we can be pickup buddies! :D

Admittedly, 09/28 is rather aggressive. But let's hope for the best! She did say this:

We have a lot of Tesla Model 3s transporting to Texas, so I am going to place you on our schedule as a placeholder and we will be able to adjust the delivery date as your car makes its way to Austin.

Hey there everyone, can one of y'all from Austin check on my VIN? Getting a little antsy as my 9/24 date approaches..

Also if your ISA in Vegas is Stephanie A, you are in for an awesome experience! First e-mail from her was Aug 31st (Friday) I shopped around for loans and got my pre-approval info to her on the 1st, she was in on SUNDAY to get my final MVPA requested. Got the final MVPA on the 4th, signed and sent off to.. I guess my IDA? Got that back on the 7th, and am now awaiting delivery :)
She's our ISA too, Stephanie. She has been great with us, too. We made our final payment to Tesla this morning. She's validated that our Wire was successful and that our Car is in process to be shipped to Texas.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Was able to access United Road to check my VIN. Looks like it’s been on a truck in Lathrop, CA since Sep 7th “pending pickup” with Six Dallas and two Houston Tesla’s. I’m scheduled for Sep 20. Is it possible the truck is enroute? Will this get transferred to rail jail? How has everyone’s tracking experience been?

Recap so no one has to scroll:

7/14 First Contact
8/10 MVPA ready (3 1/2 week wait!)
8/14 Funded
8/25 Arrived at rail jail
8/29 1st missed delivery 9/12 Second missed delivery 9/19 Maybe???

San Antonio GM offered to provide us a rental car if we want to do our trade in today, since we're 4 weeks into our loan and getting ready to make the first payment.

Just got a delivery confirmation from rail jail to San Antonio so if you're waiting for 466XX, 569XX, or 655XX it should be there.

Was able to access United Road to check my VIN. Looks like it’s been on a truck in Lathrop, CA since Sep 7th “pending pickup” with Six Dallas and two Houston Tesla’s. I’m scheduled for Sep 20. Is it possible the truck is enroute? Will this get transferred to rail jail? How has everyone’s tracking experience been?

My car was the same "pending pickup" till all of a sudden it showed up at Austin Pond Springs. Not sure why info doesn't seem to get updated till delivery for me.

Stephanie has been great! Very quick to respond and give updates, my first delivery got delayed but hopefully the new date works out

Just got off the phone with my ISA, he gave the current ETA for my car to arrive in Houston (Sept 16). Is that a normal thing to get? I assume it also means it isn't a railcar shipment since that's less than a week out from now. Five days seems like a reasonable time to get here from CA by truck.

I guess they found my car and brought it into the service center this morning. My delivery advisor also took it upon himself to request home delivery for me. I guess instead of a 3 hours wait (driving from okc to dallas) when they say it is ready I get to wait another 7-10 days for a truck to deliver to my home. I still don't understand what makes them do what they do, but I'm happy to at least have known whereabouts of my car.

I have been following this for a few days now and found out yesterday that our Austin delivery scheduled for today (9/11) has been delayed. Today I was told that our Model 3 arrived in Dallas by rail three days ago and is currently at the Tesla storage lot in Dallas. I asked if it was at the rail yard and was told that it was at the Tesla lot where they store their vehicles. Our vehicle along with at least 5 others known to the delivery coordinator have insufficient battery charge and must be charged before they can be moved to Austin. According to Tesla there is only one mobile charger in Dallas so it will probably take an additional 11 days from today to move our vehicle to Austin.
There seems to be a rash of low batteries from what others are saying.
Does anyone have any first hand insight into this?
Thanks

I have been following this for a few days now and found out yesterday that our Austin delivery scheduled for today (9/11) has been delayed. Today I was told that our Model 3 arrived in Dallas by rail three days ago and is currently at the Tesla storage lot in Dallas. I asked if it was at the rail yard and was told that it was at the Tesla lot where they store their vehicles. Our vehicle along with at least 5 others known to the delivery coordinator have insufficient battery charge and must be charged before they can be moved to Austin. According to Tesla there is only one mobile charger in Dallas so it will probably take an additional 11 days from today to move our vehicle to Austin.
There seems to be a rash of low batteries from what others are saying.
Does anyone have any first hand insight into this?
Thanks
For some reason I thought all Austin bound cars are arriving by truck, not rail. I guess I was wrong...

Does anyone else have a VIN number that isn't showing up on UR? Or am I missing something?

Does anyone else have a VIN number that isn't showing up on UR? Or am I missing something?
My VIN isn't also showing up when I search, but I'm led to believe my Vehicle hasn't even left CA yet for a 9/27 Delivery in Austin. Initially, it was stated that if I haven't made my final payment to Tesla that we owed to them, by 9/13, they'd have reschedule delivery. So, I'm assuming that 9/13 is probably the actual Transportation Date of the Car, to start heading to Texas.

To be clear, the Tesla rep. specifically said it was the vehicles primary battery, not the 12 volt battery. She also assured me that the "low" battery was not in the range of causing the vehicles main battery to be damaged.
Yeah, I misunderstood you. A low traction battery makes perfect sense with these vehicles sitting for weeks. Mine will have left the factory almost exactly a month before it's scheduled arrive here.

My confusion was that others have been given a 12V battery issue as the reason, which maybe was just a misunderstanding?

P.S. Cabin heat protection comes defaulted to on, or off? Because that'll run though battery a lot faster.

Mine hasn't either yet, and people have reported getting to the point of delivery with their VIN never showing up on United Roads so it is assumed there are alternate carriers involved.

I do wonder if maybe there's they have a system bug where some VINs that will appear on a UR manifest are missed using their serial number search tool. But I've seen nobody say this is has happened?

P.S. As per my signature, my VIN ends 0755x if anyone sees a number like that pop up on United Roads manifest along side their vehicle. ;)