Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason I thought all Austin bound cars are arriving by truck, not rail. I guess I was wrong...

Mine was truck, and got to TX quickly, after sitting a week in Fremont and has been sitting for 6 days in Austin PS lot. I talked to a truck transport guy, and he said they have to have a pretty big batch of cars to move via train, so I am guessing that they moved a bunch of fed tax held back cars via train. But if yours went via train, that means there are probably a lot of cars in that shipment. He said it can take 3 days just to unload the trains at the hubs.

Just got off the phone with my ISA, he gave the current ETA for my car to arrive in Houston (Sept 16). Is that a normal thing to get? I assume it also means it isn't a railcar shipment since that's less than a week out from now. Five days seems like a reasonable time to get here from CA by truck.

Just a heads up, but after talking with people from the Houston north SC, they are saying that there have been so many cars arriving right now that the turn around for inspection/detailing is around a week.

Also, they don't attempt to put the front LP bracket on, do they? We have our own.

My IDA said they do NOT drill holes in the bumper for a plate. But not sure. I also asked for no stickers (inspection etc) So I can get window tinting. Which one did you go with? I'm going to run with none, but want to have a way to install for city money grabbers in long term parking lots.

My IDA said they do NOT drill holes in the bumper for a plate. But not sure. I also asked for no stickers (inspection etc) So I can get window tinting. Which one did you go with? I'm going to run with none, but want to have a way to install for city money grabbers in long term parking lots.
The Model 3 uses double-sided tape to hold the mounting bracket on. It was older Model Ss that screwed the bracket to the bumper.

Still you may not want the bracket on directly, as over the year the tape can discolour the bumper and if you sell it/move to somewhere it's not needed (like I think every state neighbouring TX?) you're left with that stain.

The Model 3 uses double-sided tape to hold the mounting bracket on. It was older Model Ss that screwed the bracket to the bumper.

Still you may not want the bracket on directly, as over the year the tape can discolour the bumper and if you sell it/move to somewhere it's not needed (like I think every state neighbouring TX?) you're left with that stain.

We choose:
https://www.1975creations.com - The Bandit

I just go without front plate. Never been ticketed.

I just bought a $40 “Show n Go” plate holder made by Altec. Only negative if the driver likes to pull up onto curbs when parking, it can crunch the holder and plate

Attachments

• 4A22F1C8-0E8A-4625-B595-70D0B21CE381.jpeg
    4A22F1C8-0E8A-4625-B595-70D0B21CE381.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 50
Ok so my CU sent the wire to Tesla today and I paid my portion yesterday so I am expecting the payments to go through Tesla's system hopefully by Thursday. They don't actually move the car to Texas until the balance is zero right? My account is showing 0 owed but who knows what they see on the backend. My ISA is doing some things on the backend because some times it will ask me to re validate information.

I am tempted to call him to see if he could check if it went through and then to use some magical powers to tell whoever moves the car to move it over to north houston lol.

Hey there everyone, can one of y'all from Austin check on my VIN? Getting a little antsy as my 9/24 date approaches..

Also if your ISA in Vegas is Stephanie A, you are in for an awesome experience! First e-mail from her was Aug 31st (Friday) I shopped around for loans and got my pre-approval info to her on the 1st, she was in on SUNDAY to get my final MVPA requested. Got the final MVPA on the 4th, signed and sent off to.. I guess my IDA? Got that back on the 7th, and am now awaiting delivery :)
Stephanie is amazing. She did my X delivery as well. Super on the ball, responsive and always gets back to you. Make sure to give her amazing feedback (if she earned it) when you give your review after you receive your car!

Where do we provide reviews or feedback? I must have missed this. Thanks.
I got an email for a survey about my experience. I mentioned her and Jahan my sales guy by name specifically. I don't think you get a chance to provide feedback otherwise. However, I do believe that they delivered outstanding service and deserved to be recognized. Hopefully it actually made its way to someone :)