Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should I be worried that my VIN isn’t showing up on UnitedRoads? I had my first delivery date come and go. (9/1) and it was rescheduled to this Saturday (9/15). Still no paper trail.
Nope, no need to be concerned about it. Not everyone's car coming to TX is handled through United Roads. Mine doesn't turn up in their online search either and I'm still sleeping nights.

Reactions: gravastar
My IDA says that my car is in Texas but can't tell me where or how it got there. It was moved from Lathrop to Richmond so it's safe to say that it made the Richmond - Texas leg via rail. I have the houston north and Tesla Houston North sites registered on united road and neither have a record of the vin waiting for pickup. The lack of information and communication is stressin me out.

Does anyone know or even have a theory about how my car is likely to come to Austin given that United Road shows that it was trucked to the Port of San Francisco. It doesn’t seem as though it is a likely place to go if it will be shipped by rail. But I was wondering if anyone had knowledge or even idle speculation about what this might mean.

Does anyone know or even have a theory about how my car is likely to come to Austin given that United Road shows that it was trucked to the Port of San Francisco. It doesn’t seem as though it is a likely place to go if it will be shipped by rail. But I was wondering if anyone had knowledge or even idle speculation about what this might mean.

Maybe it's actually in the "Iron Triangle" (Richmond). I'm interested to see what your vin shows from UR, post a pic or the vin?

UnitedVIN3.jpg
Maybe it's actually in the "Iron Triangle" (Richmond). I'm interested to see what your vin shows from UR, post a pic or the vin?
Here is what it shows with the last 2 of my VIN blocked.

Reactions: paco878
Is Port of San Francisco a foreign trade zone equivalent like Alliance Ft Worth? If so, could Tesla technically ship the car internationally (but literally from Port of SF to Alliance FTZ in Fort Worth) until your transaction is complete (funding) which would allow for shorter time to delivery?

I really have no idea. Just thinking (typing) out loud.

Just to vent a little... posted on twitter to elon and tesla to ask them to please take a look at Texas (hey sometimes it works) as I have a friend impacted by this (I feel bad as I got my car; also he was impacted by that one bad IDA that others have complained about). One person RT to the Texas AG (hey what can you do about that?) but then another person RT to a short mark spiegel who liked it and a few random people replied with what seems like nonsense (I posted a reply and the person or bot replied with almost the same text).

i want Tesla to fix their stuff, but those stupid shorts don't have the consumers in mind, they just want Tesla to fail. It's like seeing a Toyota Camry on the road on fire and instead of calling 911 they say "haha you are driving a Toyota Camry, sucks to be you".

I TALKED to a very helpful person at Pond Springs today, and they said my car was there, getting detailed and checked and ready for a one day early potential delivery. Got to schedule my flight out to go pick it up, so I think that is good news for everyone that things are speeding up. He said up to 50 deliveries a day now, so we all need to be nice to the local Tesla staff. All this Texas stuff only makes their job harder too.

Any idea if other Pond Springs are getting the Lyft pick up benefit? Or is that only for other Texas deliveries?

Good luck everyone!

I TALKED to a very helpful person at Pond Springs today, and they said my car was there, getting detailed and checked and ready for a one day early potential delivery. Got to schedule my flight out to go pick it up, so I think that is good news for everyone that things are speeding up. He said up to 50 deliveries a day now, so we all need to be nice to the local Tesla staff. All this Texas stuff only makes their job harder too.

Any idea if other Pond Springs are getting the Lyft pick up benefit? Or is that only for other Texas deliveries?

Good luck everyone!
Yeah, what kills me a little is that I was originally rescheduled to Friday the 14th, but I've got to work, and since I already had taken off Mon-Tues this week, I can't really get away with Friday afternoon now, too. So I actually pushed my own appt back a day.

I'm not sure if it was in this forum, or another, but I really do think that there is just a bin of VIN tags that the grab out of to stick on the cars, seeing as my assigned VIN is a LOT higher than any I've seen posted so far: JF0992XX
Still not seeing it on the United Road site, but that also doesn't seem to matter as far as deliveries go:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if it was in this forum, or another, but I really do think that there is just a bin of VIN tags that the grab out of to stick on the cars, seeing as my assigned VIN is a LOT higher than any I've seen posted so far: JF0992XX
Still not seeing it on the United Road site, but that also doesn't seem to matter as far as deliveries go:rolleyes:
VINs are not assigned sequentially, as to prevent (to a certain extend) people from guessing production numbers based on VIN assignment.

Folks very happy to report that I have taken delivery this afternoon at the scheduled time in Dallas Cedar Springs. Everything went well... I wanted to check everything on site but the guy was rushing us to do it at home and send pictures within 3 days and he said they’ll take care. I thought thats even better.

No issues with paint that I could tell. Couple of minor 1 inch hair line scrathes on rear bumper. Noticed panel alignment issue with the Driversdie tail lamp assembly (should be an easy fix as its not body/metal.

What can I say about the drive, can’t describe how good it is. EAP kicked in after about 25 miles of driving.

Programmed homelink, connected to home wifi, summon is available. I am still not able to believe I actually got the car :)

A BIG thank you to this thread and everyone for the support and advice. I would have gone mad without y’all.

After 2 missed delivery dates I finally got my car 9/1. My VIN never showed up on the United Road tracking site. I have to say, the wait was worth it. LOVE the car.

How can Tesla possibly think that its ok to miss so many people's delivery dates. I know that the car is going to be awesome and I'll love it, but I want to be like: Tesla - get your freaking act together.

@mmcdonaldok - did they compensate you in any way for missing two delivery dates? I wouldn't expect something big, but frankly, its really frustrating that they are so flippant about pushing people's deliveries back. The people I've talked to about my delay are just like: "Well its out of my hand. Sorry"

Good luck everyone!

Since the North Houston delivery center is over 50 miles from my home I asked if they would do home delivery, they said no, but then they offered the Lyft ride on their dime. If you are flying into Geo Bush I would call your delivery person tomorrow and ask that they expidite you to their location for your pickup. They will take care of it!

Good luck, it will be fun when you drive home!