Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
83BF2A7F-9091-45D8-8E24-964689EBB652.jpeg
Ladies and Gentlemen - I have taken delivery of my M3 on Friday!

Had a little photo shoot to celebrate.

Question: Does anyone use an iPhone 7/8 Plus and does it fit in to the M3 phone area?

View attachment 335450 Ladies and Gentlemen - I have taken delivery of my M3 on Friday!

Had a little photo shoot to celebrate.

Question: Does anyone use an iPhone 7/8 Plus and does it fit in to the M3 phone area?
Sorry if im slow, but if you have the car can’t you put your phone there? Or are you asking because you are thinking about buying one of those and you wanna know before hand. If this is the case I apologize for questioning you.

• Funny
Reactions: gravastar
...If they implement a customer notification system for the delivery process I think it will solve 90% of the frustration customers are experiencing and cut their call volume.
Could not agree more regarding this statement.

A little less than 2-weeks after delivery, you will receive an email survey from Tesla. Make sure you lavish praise where it is warranted (the car is amazing) and constructive criticism where it is well deserved (as I did).

I made it clear that for us in Texas and the other states where all costs and fees have to be paid up front the logistics side of the delivery process needs to be much more transparent. Transport takes time, but it seems that many times days and weeks go by with no movement and no one can explain why.

IMO Tesla needs to let the ISAs handle the paperwork, the service centers handle the delivery and a separate customer contact group handle daily notifications of the transport process. Certainly by now, they should know what the transport durations are when all goes right and can identify when the wheels are coming off in a timely enough manner to make adjustments.

I'm guessing that the letter I got after my original VIN assignment, which stated it would be a two-week delivery process after full payment is no longer being sent by Tesla to Texas buyers. In my experience and observations, 2-weeks is only possible if the car is trucked directly to the SC. Inserting rail into the process should at most only add a week, primarily due to the loading & unloading process and the need to fill enough rail cars to make the trip practical. Logically if you would use the same trucks that are making the round-trip runs between CA and TX to instead focus only on delivering from the Ft Worth Rail Jail to the Texas SC's you could get much greater throughput.

Oh, yea, and I provided a link to this thread in my survey response, starting back a page 95, ancient history, the second week of August.

Sorry if im slow, but if you have the car can’t you put your phone there? Or are you asking because you are thinking about buying one of those and you wanna know before hand. If this is the case I apologize for questioning you.

No worries! That’s exactly it. I have an iPhone X and am looking to upgrade to the Xs Max which is larger. It is the same size as a plus.

Reactions: libra89
No worries! That’s exactly it. I have an iPhone X and am looking to upgrade to the Xs Max which is larger. It is the same size as a plus.
Phew, I was starting to think I was extra slow because I didn't even wonder why you didn't just drop your phone in there :)

One thing I wanted to add. I have an iPhone X in a lifeproof case, and I've added a Jeda wireless pad to the phone dock. First time I put my phone down it shot down into the console below. You might want to consider the HelloSkyline dock adapter. Gives that rail a little bit more depth to keep the phone where it belongs.

Does anyone mind if I use this thread in my next YouTube Video?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

All joking aside, if I understand your situation correctly:
  1. You have ordered an AWD configuration that is clearly not a popular color, so much so that Tesla is going to stop taking orders for it.
  2. Which likely has influenced the fact you don't have a VIN
  3. Which by extension you have no MVPA and therefore not made full payment for the car (plus the sizable, tax, title, registration and delivery charges).
  4. So your car has yet to be built or started its trek to Texas by either truck or rail and truck.
Most of the contributors to this thread have completed steps 1 through 4, have paid for everything and are dealing with delivery dates over 30 days past full payment, cars in transit with no one who can tell them (with any certainty) where their car is, and as a result, multiple missed delivery dates.

Having experienced all the above, I'd don't see how the situations really compare. I do wish you the best for your OCD, and trust that your wait for a VIN won't be much longer, AND that your car's transport and delivery goes smoothly.

Reactions: gravastar and JGard
Just curious if this has happened to any of you who were in rail jail or anything. Obviously the car is fully paid and has been for a month. I was supposed to take delivery on Sat, and the service center texted me to say the car didn't arrive in time for my delivery (so do they have it and just didn't have time to prep it? Who knows). Anyway, without being contacted by my IDA, my portal says new delivery is tomorrow at 5pm. As of this morning, my portal/account is saying I must pay the remainder of my balance to take delivery of the car, but of course it shows the balance as $0.00. This system is strange

Just curious if this has happened to any of you who were in rail jail or anything. Obviously the car is fully paid and has been for a month. I was supposed to take delivery on Sat, and the service center texted me to say the car didn't arrive in time for my delivery (so do they have it and just didn't have time to prep it? Who knows). Anyway, without being contacted by my IDA, my portal says new delivery is tomorrow at 5pm. As of this morning, my portal/account is saying I must pay the remainder of my balance to take delivery of the car, but of course it shows the balance as $0.00. This system is strange
Yeah just ignore the "pay remaining balance" message. It doesn't mean a lot.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

All joking aside, if I understand your situation correctly:
  1. You have ordered an AWD configuration that is clearly not a popular color, so much so that Tesla is going to stop taking orders for it.
  2. Which likely has influenced the fact you don't have a VIN
  3. Which by extension you have no MVPA and therefore not made full payment for the car (plus the sizable, tax, title, registration and delivery charges).
  4. So your car has yet to be built or started its trek to Texas by either truck or rail and truck.
Most of the contributors to this thread have completed steps 1 through 4, have paid for everything and are dealing with delivery dates over 30 days past full payment, cars in transit with no one who can tell them (with any certainty) where their car is, and as a result, multiple missed delivery dates.

Having experienced all the above, I'd don't see how the situations really compare. I do wish you the best for your OCD, and trust that your wait for a VIN won't be much longer, AND that your car's transport and delivery goes smoothly.

If you really wanted to speed things up, you change to RWD, which is exactly what I did. Once I changed, I immediately was asked to enter all my loan info and the process began. So, unfortunately, the spot you're in, you have no place to really complain because there are literally thousands of people all around the country in your exact spot. If you pay and start accruing interest, and still have no car, then you can bitch and moan like the rest of us :)

Heard from my IDA this morning. My car is on its way to Pond Springs by truck! There is no way to track this right? I tried United Road's website but my VIN didn't get a hit. Any ideas how long it takes to get from CA to Austin by truck?

Hey, I got my VIN on 9/11/18 and funded on 9/11/18 but I haven't heard from our IDA about trucking yet. United Road is only showing Fremont Factory to Port of SF Pier 80.

My first Model S was shipped 10/25/13 and delivered 11/21/13. The second completed production 1/13/16 and was delivered 1/26/16. I would think 4-5 days would be transit time.

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Hey, I got my VIN on 9/11/18 and funded on 9/11/18 but I haven't heard from our IDA about trucking yet. United Road is only showing Fremont Factory to Port of SF Pier 80.

My first Model S was shipped 10/25/13 and delivered 11/21/13. The second completed production 1/13/16 and was delivered 1/26/16. I would think 4-5 days would be transit time.
That's what I figured. I've had a car shipped from Boston to Austin, and that took about a week. Had another car shipped from Cincinnati, which took I think 4-5 days. I'm 11 days out from scheduled delivery, so hopefully that's enough time!