Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN never showed up on UR except to show delivery to Lathrop right after it was built.

Also, I've got some panel misalignment issues. They have me a number to call by Friday to get those taken care of .Hopefully the fixed won't take long .It's the drivers headlight and bumper that don't line up and the trunk lid where it meets the c pillar also doesn't line up

Phew. I've got it. What a great car.

Yea for you! Our original cadre of impatient buyers is slowly taking possession! Now we can reminisce about “the good ‘ol days when the Texas Hold Up thread was less than 100 pages!

Don’t you just love driving your M3? Has the urge to punch it when you leave a traffic light started to settle down? No, I bet not........

My VIN never showed up on UR except to show delivery to Lathrop right after it was built.

Also, I've got some panel misalignment issues. They have me a number to call by Friday to get those taken care of .Hopefully the fixed won't take long .It's the drivers headlight and bumper that don't line up and the trunk lid where it meets the c pillar also doesn't line up
Congrats! Did you happen to see my car on the lot? :D

Sorry to hear about the body work issues! Be on notice, the body shop is not fast. My M3 has some faint paint issues on the hood. I took it in on a Tuesday, they didn’t take it to the body shop for several days, then I finally got it back 10 days later. The gave me a 2016 Model S that was locked in Chill mode for the duration, but it was NOT as much fun as my M3. Don’t submit to Body Shaming! Drive it for a few weeks first! Wait till it is dirty, then take it in!

The site says my delivery appointment is tomorrow morning at Pond Springs. I haven't heard anything from the service center or my IDA (Devon) in weeks. No responses to phone calls or emails from either. I'm going to assume it's not going to happen. Fully funded since August 2nd, and have started making loan and insurance payments already. Feels bad

Re: the accelerator, it doesn't help that my two kids (ages 4 and 2) absolutely LOVE it when I floor it... Enablers, those two...

And yeah, the bodywork issue SHOULD be easy as no paint correction is needed, just re-alignments, which should only involve loosening nuts/bolts, moving things, then tightening them back down. But who knows.

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
The site says my delivery appointment is tomorrow morning at Pond Springs. I haven't heard anything from the service center or my IDA (Devon) in weeks. No responses to phone calls or emails from either. I'm going to assume it's not going to happen. Fully funded since August 2nd, and have started making loan and insurance payments already. Feels bad
This is where I was yesterday dude. I just showed up anyway and lo and behold, I have my car now. If your appt is to be cancelled/rescheduled the day of, someone from the service center will contact you directly (at least that is what happened to me)

This is where I was yesterday dude. I just showed up anyway and lo and behold, I have my car now. If your appt is to be cancelled/rescheduled the day of, someone from the service center will contact you directly (at least that is what happened to me)
I requested a Lyft and my IDA told me that is not a problem, and the local delivery team will coordinate with me the day of delivery. Has anyone done this?

I requested a Lyft and my IDA told me that is not a problem, and the local delivery team will coordinate with me the day of delivery. Has anyone done this?

Yep, they set up a Lyft ride for me and everything was good from then on! FedEx papers showed up 3 hours before the Lyft ride. The paperwork will not impact delivery of the vehicle, but it does affect getting your Texas plates!

Yep, they set up a Lyft ride for me and everything was good from then on! FedEx papers showed up 3 hours before the Lyft ride. The paperwork will not impact delivery of the vehicle, but it does affect getting your Texas plates!

I just called my IDA and he picked up!!!! He confirmed that my car is at the service center and that the appointment tomorrow morning is still on as far as he knows.
I asked about arranging a Uber/Lyft and he said he couldn't do anything, and that I'd have to coordinate with the local service center. Unfortunately I've called them dozens of times over the last few days and have never reached anyone, so I guess I'll just have to take care of that myself. Whatever.. I am just glad to hopefully get the car.

On a side note, I've been checking the United Road delivery reports for Pond Springs and have never seen my VIN show up. Entering my VIN on the tracking site only shows it reaching Lathrop.

Reactions: libra89 and paco878
Good luck, all! :)

On a positive note regarding my car's panel misalignment issues. I called the number the delivery person gave me, spoke with someone in CA. he said he'd email me and to respond with the pictures, which I did. He just called back and said mobile service can fix these issues if I'm OK with that. Hell yes I am! So it's not scheduled yet, but it's nice to know I don't have to drive all the way up to the service center again for this.

Just got a text saying my car is in Austin and asking if I want to move up delivery to this Saturday. I said: YES!

United Road still says Port of San Francisco Pier 80. I don’t know how it got here.
Glad to hear that you have an appointment! Seems like they are running full tilt at Pond Spring these days! Just found out that my coworker has the same delivery time as me on Friday for his P3-.

I posted this in the other thread too, but figured I'd bump the Texas thread.

Long time lurker, finally have something worth posting.
Reserved in line 3/31/16
Invited to order 4/6/18
Waited for AWD and placed order 6/27/18
Changed to white interior 7/28/18
IDA email 8/20/18. Pretty responsive so far. Getting my financing in order. VIN 96xxx
White/White/LR/AWD/18"

Planning on Dallas delivery.

Hello! Posted this all the way back on page 99. Here's the update:
Payment and MVPA finalized 8/27/18
Planned delivery date 9/18/18
Emailed IDA 9/17/18 to make sure everything was on track. Informed that temp tags had been ordered but not generated? Takes 48 hours so delivery day moved to 9/19/18
Fedex paperwork received 9/17/18
Text from Cedar Springs SC with links to video tutorials 9/18/18
Picked up the car 9/19/18!

Charge port slightly misaligned, but no glaring panel gaps or paint defects. I'm coming from a 12 year old Honda so everything about this car seems pretty nice to me lol!
Overall, I had a pretty responsive IDA and the process was relatively smooth. Time to figure out how the rest of this car works...

We have us a new car. Austin Pond Springs was ready for us today. We showed up about 45min early. The parking lot was packed, but eventually found a space.

They checked us in, and took us back early. Our car was waiting for us, for the most part, it was in good delivery condition. Again, we took it straight to our detail shop to begin all the paint protection and tinting. The only real complaint was the was left over compound, overspray from their detailing effort at the Service Center. They did come out to clean it up, but there was still some areas they missed. Most of it was on the wiper blades and in the recesses of the wiper blades. Our Detail Shop said they would clean all of that off during Paint Correction.

It all went really well. It was stated that we have three days (their words, not ours) to report any defects/findings directly to the Service Center. They took our trade in (2014 Merc E350), we signed our paperwork and off we went. We were off the lot before our original scheduled appointment time.

Attachments

• 20180919_163553.jpg
    20180919_163553.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180919_163735.jpg
    20180919_163735.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180919_163848.jpg
    20180919_163848.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180919_164122.jpg
    20180919_164122.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180919_164357.jpg
    20180919_164357.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180919_164503.jpg
    20180919_164503.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 40
We have us a new car. Austin Pond Springs was ready for us today. We showed up about 45min early. The parking lot was packed, but eventually found a space.

They checked us in, and took us back early. Our car was waiting for us, for the most part, it was in good delivery condition. Again, we took it straight to our detail shop to begin all the paint protection and tinting. The only real complaint was the was left over compound, overspray from their detailing effort at the Service Center. They did come out to clean it up, but there was still some areas they missed. Most of it was on the wiper blades and in the recesses of the wiper blades. Our Detail Shop said they would clean all of that off during Paint Correction.

It all went really well. It was stated that we have three days (their words, not ours) to report any defects/findings directly to the Service Center. They took our trade in (2014 Merc E350), we signed our paperwork and off we went. We were off the lot before our original scheduled appointment time.
Great to hear that you had a good experience and there were no major issues :) How many cars were in the lot, would you say?

Reactions: paco878
Great to hear that you had a good experience and there were no major issues :) How many cars were in the lot, would you say?
Easily, 40+... and that's just the front facing the intersection. Not what was along the backside or inside being worked on. It was still a mix of cars (S/3/X), but the were quite afew still with their white transport wrap on them.

Here's a pic of the delivery area, not including our car:

Attachments

• 20180919_140729.jpg
    20180919_140729.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Weird place to ask and it may be the wrong place but I’ll take a stab at it lol.

My car is set to be delivered Sep 29th at the north Houston location. I live and work in the area and was wondering if anyone in the area wants to do a cable swap? I know the car comes with a lightning and usb C cable. I would be wanting to trade for another lighting cable as literally all of my phones are iPhones and my family members are iPhone people so I would never use the usb C one. I would rather not shell out another 15-17 bucks for another lightening cable if anyone else would want to do a quick swap.