Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Katy has a survey site 25675 Nelson Rd at Pin Oak exit of I-10

Search and Status

in the HEB parking lot. Ready for @BlueShift ?
I reported this over a month ago, see post #1269 above. And no, they should not be sent to @BlueShift. Site surveys are just that, not construction permits. It tells us where to look for construction permits but as @Twiglett said many of them are never heard from again.

Looks like Texas is getting some SC love. Here are several more:

1. Cotulla TX at the Flying J
  2. Burleson TX Texas Smokehouse II I-35 at Conveyor Dr (FM917)
  3. Henrietta TX Gas station NE corner Hwy 287 at Graham St (Hwy 148)
  4. Stafford TX Wal-mart SE corner I-69 at West Airport
  5. Mt Pleasant TX Super 1 Foods 602 S Jefferson at Ferguson
  6. Houston TX Wal-mart 111 Yale St at 2nd St
  7. Houston TX Wal-mart/Golden Corral 13570 E Freeway (I-10) at Victorson St
  8. San Antonio TX Wal-mart 4331 Thousand Oaks Dr at Uhr Ln
  9. Lubbock TX Buddy Holly Center 1801 Crickets Ave at 18 St
  10. Bellmead TX Wal-mart 1521 N I-35 Frontage Rd at Bank Dr
  11. Westworth TX Wal-mart 6770 Westworth Blvd at Green Oaks Rd
  12. Sweetwater TX Wal-mart 407 NE Georgia at E Arizona Ave
  13. Eastland TX Wal-mart 1410 E Main St at I-20
  14. Vidor TX Wal-mart 1360 N Main St at W Tram Rd
  15. Giddings TX Cefco truck stop 3025 W Austin St (Hwy 290) at CO RD 133
  16. Leon Spring TX HEB Grocery 23783 I-10 at Boerne Stage Road
  17. Schertz TX HEB Grocery 17460 N I-35 Frontage at Roy Richard Dr
@BlueShift material?

Looks like Texas is getting some SC love. Here are several more:

1. Cotulla TX at the Flying J
  2. Burleson TX Texas Smokehouse II I-35 at Conveyor Dr (FM917)
  3. Henrietta TX Gas station NE corner Hwy 287 at Graham St (Hwy 148)
  4. Stafford TX Wal-mart SE corner I-69 at West Airport
  5. Mt Pleasant TX Super 1 Foods 602 S Jefferson at Ferguson
  6. Houston TX Wal-mart 111 Yale St at 2nd St
  7. Houston TX Wal-mart/Golden Corral 13570 E Freeway (I-10) at Victorson St
  8. San Antonio TX Wal-mart 4331 Thousand Oaks Dr at Uhr Ln
  9. Lubbock TX Buddy Holly Center 1801 Crickets Ave at 18 St
  10. Bellmead TX Wal-mart 1521 N I-35 Frontage Rd at Bank Dr
  11. Westworth TX Wal-mart 6770 Westworth Blvd at Green Oaks Rd
  12. Sweetwater TX Wal-mart 407 NE Georgia at E Arizona Ave
  13. Eastland TX Wal-mart 1410 E Main St at I-20
  14. Vidor TX Wal-mart 1360 N Main St at W Tram Rd
  15. Giddings TX Cefco truck stop 3025 W Austin St (Hwy 290) at CO RD 133
  16. Leon Spring TX HEB Grocery 23783 I-10 at Boerne Stage Road
  17. Schertz TX HEB Grocery 17460 N I-35 Frontage at Roy Richard Dr
@BlueShift material?
Once again, no, for the reason explained above. And there’s nothing new here. Every one of these has already been mentioned in this or another Texas thread. But congrats on learning how to use the underground digging request search tool.

Once again, no, for the reason explained above. And there’s nothing new here. Every one of these has already been mentioned in this or another Texas thread. But congrats on learning how to use the underground digging request search tool.
I wrote my second message while you wrote your replies, so didn't see your response until I posted my second message... I at least documented Texas sites with city, address and host per survey info ("cite your sources") and came up with new ones. Previous info here was mostly anecdotal and less complete. I have new locations to watch now. I think this info is useful. Sorry if you don't.

Thanks for the congrats. :)

I wrote my second message while you wrote your replies, so didn't see your response until I posted my second message... I at least documented Texas sites with city, address and host per survey info ("cite your sources") and came up with new ones. Previous info here was mostly anecdotal and less complete. I have new locations to watch now. I think this info is useful. Sorry if you don't.

Thanks for the congrats. :)
Not saying it’s not useful, just that it’s several steps too early to get blueshift to add.
Vast majority of these may not even be superchargers.
Earliest step blueshift needs to be looped in is when permits are requested - specifically for superchargers.

Reactions: brkaus and Chuq
Stock market wants a profit from Tesla. Instead of investing profits into infrastructure, they are stopping new Supercharger construction starts until after they show a profit for a quarter, then I suspect they will start back up.
I thought that a month ago, but I have a feeling that Elon has something up his sleeve (besides his rubber calendar), because SC installations came to a near halt at the beginning of the month, but seem to be picking up again.

I thought that a month ago, but I have a feeling that Elon has something up his sleeve (besides his rubber calendar), because SC installations came to a near halt at the beginning of the month, but seem to be picking up again.
I didn't look at worldwide construction, but in North America the 17 known Superchargers under construction were all started before this quarter, except one that started just a couple of days into the quarter (it was taped off in June, but ground not broken until July).

Possibly related to both desire for cash, and upcoming new Supercharger design. A frustrating pause, though temporary. For a while it seemed like they'd be blitzing superchargers everywhere there were Model 3 reservations.

Perhaps we were just spoiled with the Dallas surge (3 opened this year alone!) and now we're back to the slow plod; no openings in Texas since April. One about to complete in Houston.

edit: my hope is that being cash flow positive will do wonders in general; personal hopes are for spending on Superchargers and a Model X acceleration shudder fix!

The City of Stafford has released its July building permit report, and it has an item on July 23rd (unclear if this is application date or issue date) for a "Vehicle Charge Station" with a project cost of $90,000 at Wal-Mart, 11210 West Airport Blvd where Tesla has previously called for utility markings. There may also be an Electrify America station going in here, but if anyone is in the area it might be worthwhile to take a look.

The City of Stafford has released its July building permit report, and it has an item on July 23rd (unclear if this is application date or issue date) for a "Vehicle Charge Station" with a project cost of $90,000 at Wal-Mart, 11210 West Airport Blvd where Tesla has previously called for utility markings. There may also be an Electrify America station going in here, but if anyone is in the area it might be worthwhile to take a look.
I quickly cruised the area this evening on the way home. There are a couple of prospective areas on each side of the building and towards the rear with power nearby, but I didn’t see anything that looked like excavation or construction in the area of the Walmart.

I quickly cruised the area this evening on the way home. There are a couple of prospective areas on each side of the building and towards the rear with power nearby, but I didn’t see anything that looked like excavation or construction in the area of the Walmart.

This just in, dateline the Stafford Wal-Mart.
F2F18B66-6834-4195-A5DD-2948E51E34D5.jpeg

D0C13380-A4D0-409C-AED5-5BFEF3918995.jpeg

Last edited: