Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thanks AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lodo1000

2017 75D AP2 Prem CW
Nov 19, 2017
Houston
Slow speed in morning traffic. Cross through intersection, car hugging right side. Surely it won't hit the curb. $&%:!
MVIMG_20180215_083215.jpg

Cross through intersection

This is a rough crowd on TMC. Guess you can't expect too much sympathy here.

With that said, sorry to see that damage. AP is severely limited in its ability to successfully navigate intersections. I will not engage it any longer even when passing straight through a well-marked intersection.

Sure, when the lane lines disappear, the lead car may light up in blue on your display to indicate your car is following that one. But is it really? Certainly not well if at all. My car would usually wiggle back and forth hunting for a lane line when crossing straight through.

The last time this happened, by car started to veer toward the center median on the opposite side. I recently relayed this to Tesla and this was their response (posted a couple times on this forum in an effort to help others and maybe, just maybe encourage someone up there to figure this "AP" thing out)...

In regards to auto pilot no maintaining lanes through intersections please remember Auto pilot is still in Beta and Traffic-Aware Cruise Control is primarily intended for driving on dry, straight roads, such as highways and freeways. It should not be used on city streets.

We appreciate your input! please feel free to contact us directly via phone for further questions or concerns.

Please feel free to contact Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752).​

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: dbldwn02
Ha! No kidding.. Of course, the driver is responsible at the end of the day. I was watching it drift right and based on previous experience expected it to adjust. I was slow to correct.

Maybe this example will help someone else.

You can now return to hating on the many other topics available here...

This is a rough crowd on TMC. Guess you can't expect too much sympathy here.

With that said, sorry to see that damage. AP is severely limited in its ability to successfully navigate intersections. I will not engage it any longer even when passing straight through a well-marked intersection.

Sure, when the lane lines disappear, the lead car may light up in blue on your display to indicate your car is following that one. But is it really? Certainly not well if at all. My car would usually wiggle back and forth hunting for a lane line when crossing straight through.

The last time this happened, by car started to veer toward the center median on the opposite side. I recently relayed this to Tesla and this was their response (posted a couple times on this forum in an effort to help others and maybe, just maybe encourage someone up there to figure this "AP" thing out)...

In regards to auto pilot no maintaining lanes through intersections please remember Auto pilot is still in Beta and Traffic-Aware Cruise Control is primarily intended for driving on dry, straight roads, such as highways and freeways. It should not be used on city streets.

We appreciate your input! please feel free to contact us directly via phone for further questions or concerns.

Please feel free to contact Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752).​

• Funny
Reactions: Lu Ann