Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 1000 VIN's are being allocated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, but that's my order number, xxxx06xx.

Its my reservation I'm trying to work out where I am in the pecking order. The one that starts RN109. I suspect the answer is, some way down the list.
That's a good point. It would be interesting to try and gauge how many UK reservation holders have placed orders and when the reservations were made. If the reservation number doesn't run in a sequence I guess it's impossible.

I believe its the 1000 that were delivered a week ago that were in hiding. The SFO ones will be allocated once on the shores of Tillburg and travelling over the channel to there rightful owners!.

The SC wont be able to cope with 100s at once as no space to store them. They probably only get the amount they can give out a day.

Does anyone know if there have been any M3 handovers this week? If so, then Tesla may be working its way slowly through a secret stash, but if there have been no (or very few) handovers this week then this idea is blown out of the water - why would they not be handing them over and getting the money in if they exist in Europe somewhere? If there has been a pause in handovers it suggests that there are no more in Europe and the VINs must be for the cars at SFO?

• Informative
Reactions: LEE3
hey peeps

Just received a text from Tesla to say they are 'expecting the cars to arrive in August so we will be in touch soon to book you a collection date'.

My order number is just shy of 3500 so I reckon strong chance of 3-4K cars being delivered to UK customers by the end of August.
good news, what did you order ?, i'm in the 300 order range, no text yet !!

I ordered SR+ (Aero, Silver, cash option).

I am sure priority is given to those who reserved early and ordered early but factors below may mean you get pushed down the order queue (and people with higher order numbers receive cars before you):
- you reserved early but did not order early
- change(s) made after initial order
- towbar option (perhaps)
- model chosen and options chosen (orders need to be matched to available cars and perhaps they have more of one type of car then another spec/colour)
- HP vs CASH
- delay in uploading info to your Tesla account (eg, identity info etc in prep for order agreement)
- your collection location

If you haven't received a text yet, there's nothing to say you will not be receiving your car before someone with a higher order number.

There was a guy on one of the other forums who ordered his and hers M3’s. One took three weeks and the other took nine days as an example of it being so much about what you order over any perceived place in a queue.

hey peeps

Just received a text from Tesla to say they are 'expecting the cars to arrive in August so we will be in touch soon to book you a collection date'.

My order number is just shy of 3500 so I reckon strong chance of 3-4K cars being delivered to UK customers by the end of August.

This sounds like a new system by Tesla UK?? Previously there was the phone call to check details and then a text with a pick-up time and place. No advance warning by text. I suppose this goes with alotting VINs for cars still at SFO - they are stretching the whole admin of delivery to several weeks, more or less starting when the cars are built, rather than waiting to see what comes round the corner?

here's my 2p worth.

Collected M3 on Sat 29 June - last day for Q2 figures. My verbally confirmed delivery date was Mid July ... subsequently brought forward to 29-June (and all the normal shenanigans of invoice saying "Payment must be received in full 7 days before collection" but them only giving me a delivery date 4 days before ... no indication on My Tesla that they had received my money, so wasted their time having to ask them, in fact no invoice - they credited my invoice (which was another spectacular piece of Tesla Chaos) at the time I sent payment ... paperwork on My Tesla has since changed so I don't have an invoice, only the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" ... no idea if I should ask for something looking more like an invoice ... 3 phone calls, from different people, the day before collection asking if I was able to keep the appointment ... normal chaos and expensive support costs.

I had seen photos of the Heathrow "Warehouse" from the first days of handover, it was rammed. Our appointment was afternoon, they told us that the warehouse had been just as rammed on that morning too, and all vehicles already handed over and additional ones (ours included) just taken off the transporter 30 minutes before our arrival, washed, and handed over. They said they were handing over 100 cars that day.

So assuming 200 cars in "first batch" and "1000-2000" in second batch (which I had thought would be July delivery) and some/many? days 100 cars being handed over at Heathrow (and some, not many?, at other sites) I wonder if Tesla actually managed to get most/all? the second-batch ones out the door before end Q2?

In which case no more until the next boat arrives.

However, I have booked a Raven Test Drive and they want me to go to Chiswick, not Heathrow, because (they said) the huge number of handovers meaning they would prefer to leave Heathrow free for those. So maybe there are a load more M3's being handed over in July ...

... of course also possible that Chiswick is more convenient for the Salesman

Tesla biggest headache is space to keep cars so they were under very clear instructions to move as many cars in the quickest possible way.

I read something in the Q2 Announcements referring to the "Q1 change to VIN allocation" which (I think) means that they allocate VIN to customer very close to the handover, to have flexibility to switch VINs. Clearly RHD in EU is only coming here ... maybe LHD vehicles are switched around all over EU .. .same in USA ... so maybe the old VIN-advice is no longer worth anything. I haven't sough the Q1 DOCs, maybe someone has some better knowledge?

The VIN I originally had (hidden in source) was for completely the wrong model and colour ... so maybe it was just a "placeholder"

• Informative
Reactions: -DB- and navt
Hi everyone got two phone calls from Tesla today confirming all my details and delivery location I am a day one reservation holder and a current tesla owner they assured me that my delivery for my two orders which are both performance full spec model 3 will be delivered no later than the 2nd week in August and hopefully earlier and my third model three which I had no reservation on and ordered it in May 1st would be delivered in September the phone calls were proceeded by emails confirming all my details were correct in my tesla account which I’ve held since 2015 hope this helps everyone just stay patient they will arrive at some time it’s just the way Tesla does things the guy I spoke to which I have spoken to before said they were incredibly busy and are trying to contact everyone by telephone it just takes a long time to get a hold of people.