Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 1000 VIN's are being allocated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked and got a vin in my code, not sure how long it's been there. Did a vin lookup and its model 3.

No contact from Tesla yet though.

There also doesn't seem to be a ship chartered yet. Since it takes 3 weeks to get to Belgium if there is a ship in the next few days the earliest we can expect deliveries is early August. 3- 4 days loading, 21 days travel, 2 days unloading + ? days coming to UK. That's about 27 days.

Just checked and got a vin in my code, not sure how long it's been there. Did a vin lookup and its model 3.

There also doesn't seem to be a ship chartered yet. Since it takes 3 weeks to get to Belgium if there is a ship in the next few days the earliest we can expect deliveries is early August. 3- 4 days loading, 21 days travel, 2 days unloading + ? days coming to UK. That's about 27 days.
Yeah. Sounds about right to me. Plus about 7 days to transfer to UK and prep.

How do you do a VIN lookup (to confirm the model)?

I mean if you have a VIN in your M3 source page why would they allocate anything other than a M3.

Last edited:
My lease provider called me on Friday after a chat with Tesla, post VIN allocation on Monday - Tesla have told them that they aren't expecting to be delivering mine (VIN allocated last week) until the next ship arrives, which according to them is August.

So it looks as though the fears expressed on this forum about no/very few deliveries in July...may well be true...

• Informative
Reactions: fakoriginal
Actually, the Triumph Ace was on the spreadsheet as headed for Tianjin and that destination has now disappeared.
Maybe it WILL be coming to Europe :)

Probably, but it will arrive at SFO on the 10th and take 2-4 days to load. Then its a 20 journey to EU.... Probably arrive August 8th at the earliest. It would take time to unload and drive the cars to UK, so probably deliveries starting on 12th?

Right when I'm on holiday...

Received my VIN in the soource code this morning for MSM perfomance+ order.
At 4392XX it is in the batch of 1500 RHD VINS allocated on July 3rd.
Reports coming in on the twittersphere of similar VINS being allocated today, hopefully the cars are all on the Ace Phoenix leaving San Francisco in the next day or two. :):)

Received my VIN in the soource code this morning for MSM perfomance+ order.
At 4392XX it is in the batch of 1500 RHD VINS allocated on July 3rd.
Reports coming in on the twittersphere of similar VINS being allocated today, hopefully the cars are all on the Ace Phoenix leaving San Francisco in the next day or two. :):)
V Cool :cool: When did you make your reservation and what was your order date?