Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you keep the rear Ng seat, do you stay on old price book? New price book is cheaper so I had to forego rear Ng seats.

There was a small window when on the old book price the back seat ng specs was removed and the ng price fell. I contacted Tesla at that time to ask wtf. They said they could change me over to that option if I wished, but I wanted the ng seats in the back. The new book price took effect shortly thereafter. Sadly you had to get in early to get the ng seats in the back and it was only for a very limited time. I don't understand the rationale for removing them. Either too expensive or just crap or both.

There was a small window when on the old book price the back seat ng specs was removed and the ng price fell. I contacted Tesla at that time to ask wtf. They said they could change me over to that option if I wished, but I wanted the ng seats in the back. The new book price took effect shortly thereafter. Sadly you had to get in early to get the ng seats in the back and it was only for a very limited time. I don't understand the rationale for removing them. Either too expensive or just crap or both.

Actually I meant to ask, after the ng seat was removed, there was an all around price drop aka new price book. The new price book doesn't allow for ng rear seat. If I kept the ng rear seat I would be paying old price. If I wanted to pay new lower price for my to be delivered 85d, then I can't have rear ng seat. The difference in price was about 4k... so I opt for new price book

Actually I meant to ask, after the ng seat was removed, there was an all around price drop aka new price book. The new price book doesn't allow for ng rear seat. If I kept the ng rear seat I would be paying old price. If I wanted to pay new lower price for my to be delivered 85d, then I can't have rear ng seat. The difference in price was about 4k... so I opt for new price book

It looks like you're from Hong Kong, so you probably didn't realise that here in Australia, the price actually increased (twice) shortly after they removed the NG rear seats, so it's better for us to stay on the old price book (and keep the NG rear seats too).

My "preferred delivery" has been pushed back again to November :(

I made that mistake too. It has NOT been pushed back to November. It is NO LONGER an estimated delivery date - that has now been removed from the website. It is just the ORIGINAL Preferred Delivery that you had when you bought the car, and it is referring to November LAST YEAR. So, bottom line - DON'T SWEAT IT!

- - - Updated - - -

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

Looks like we're all getting our cars built one after the other, and presumably they'll all make their way over here on the same boat.

Dear MrAustraliaTax,

When was your order placed? It does not appear in the spreadsheet:

List of Australian Confirmed Tesla Orders - Google Sheets

Regards,

ZTrekus

I made that mistake too. It has NOT been pushed back to November. It is NO LONGER an estimated delivery date - that has now been removed from the website. It is just the ORIGINAL Preferred Delivery that you had when you bought the car, and it is referring to November LAST YEAR. So, bottom line - DON'T SWEAT IT!

I know it's supposed to be based on my order date, but it said October yesterday and now it says November, that's why I said it's been pushed back. Also I'm pretty sure it's referring to Oct/Nov this year, because when you click on Edit you get a choice of the remaining months for this year and the first few months of 2016. Anyway since it's not an indication of actual delivery date I'm not too worried.

I know it's supposed to be based on my order date, but it said October yesterday and now it says November, that's why I said it's been pushed back. Also I'm pretty sure it's referring to Oct/Nov this year, because when you click on Edit you get a choice of the remaining months for this year and the first few months of 2016. Anyway since it's not an indication of actual delivery date I'm not too worried.

Oh well.... At least you are in production.

I am still in the GODDAMM QUEUE