Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Federally compliant for incentive" Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla announces Canadian Federal Rebates on their site

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/inc ... nB9DYix6WE

FYI
thread-happy-16.png

Tesla vehicles that receive incentives are not eligible for the 7-day return policy.

Tesla announces Canadian Federal Rebates on their site

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/inc ... nB9DYix6WE

FYI
thread-happy-16.png

Tesla vehicles that receive incentives are not eligible for the 7-day return policy.
This brings up an interesting question: Is there a length of time where you have to keep the car or you lose the rebate (Ontario had 1 year when they had the rebate)? Do the other provicial rebates have a similar time?

Also, is there any limit to the number of rebates you can get? Again, I think Ontario was limited to 2 rebates per year...not like many people could go beyond that, but curious.

I guess Tesla has excluded the rebate cars from the policy because technically they can't re-sell those cars as new, plus refunding the rebate money would cause lots of paperwork for them. Also, if they didn't do this and a lot of people ended up returning their cars it would lead to a huge amount of super cheap model 3's with only 1,000 km on them...that would be an interesting proposition :oops:

This brings up an interesting question: Is there a length of time where you have to keep the car or you lose the rebate (Ontario had 1 year when they had the rebate)? Do the other provicial rebates have a similar time?

Also, is there any limit to the number of rebates you can get? Again, I think Ontario was limited to 2 rebates per year...not like many people could go beyond that, but curious.

I guess Tesla has excluded the rebate cars from the policy because technically they can't re-sell those cars as new, plus refunding the rebate money would cause lots of paperwork for them. Also, if they didn't do this and a lot of people ended up returning their cars it would lead to a huge amount of super cheap model 3's with only 1,000 km on them...that would be an interesting proposition :oops:
Individuals get only get 1 rebate. Businesses can get up to 10. Not sure about the time, I think there is a minimum for the CEV but I haven't seen one for the IZev.

• Informative
Reactions: pcons
Individuals can only get one incentive under this Program in a calendar year.

Businesses and provincial, territorial and municipal governments operating fleets can only get up to 10 incentives under this Program in a calendar year.

If businesses choose to go this route, they will not be able to take advantage of the new tax write-off for these vehicles.

Transport Canada will be seeking voluntary supply agreements with manufacturers, and reserves the right to take models off the list if the department does not secure adequate supply commitments.

• Informative
Reactions: obryan20 and pcons
I finally received a reply last night to the email I sent Transport Canada on April 17th :

(In French, sorry)

Au préalable, le modèle de base du [modèle Tesla 3] dépassait 45 000 $ et n'était donc pas admissible aux incitatifs du programme iVZE.

Vous serez intéressés de savoir que depuis l'annonce du 17 avril, Tesla a soumis une demande à Transports Canada pour que le modèle 3 soit considéré pour l'admissibilité dans le cadre du nouveau programme d'incitatifs pour les véhicules zéro-émission (iVZE). Transports Canada a déterminé que deux garnitures du modèle Tesla 3 (c.-à-d. les modèles Standard Range et Standard Range Plus) répondent aux critères d'admissibilité du programme iZEV. Ces détails peuvent être trouvés sur la page des incitations du site Web de Tesla :
Incitatifs à l’achat d'un véhicule électrique

Les constructeurs automobiles peuvent présenter de nouvelles demandes en tout temps à Transports Canada pour que leur véhicule soit pris en considération aux fins d'admissibilité. Pour consulter la liste complète des véhicules admissibles, veuillez consulter le site Web suivant : Liste de véhicules admissibles au programme iVZE - Transports Canada

• Informative
Reactions: phigment
I finally received a reply last night to the email I sent Transport Canada on April 17th :

(In French, sorry)
I got one in English.

Thank you for your question and apologies for the delay in responding.

You will be interested to know that since the April 17th announcement, Tesla has submitted an application to Transport Canada to have the Model 3 considered for eligibility under the new Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles (iZEV) program. Transport Canada has determined that two trims of the Tesla Model 3 (i.e. the Standard Range and Standard Range Plus) meet the iZEV program's eligibility criteria. These details can be found on the incentives page of Tesla's website:

Electric Vehicle Incentives

To view the current list of eligible vehicles, please visit:

List of eligible vehicles under the iZEV Program - Transport Canada

Regards,

The iZEV Program

As much as I agree with your thinking, what if such action by Tesla violates the incentive rules, and TC comes after them (or the owners)? I for one won’t risk buying a severely crippled version hoping that “maybe” Tesla will offer an upgrade path, especially since they’re saying that they won’t. TBH, When I heard yesterday about the price reduction, I didn’t for one second think that anyone would consider the SR at 150km range. It was clear that it was done only to get the SR+ on the incentive list. I am surprised of how many people are actually considering it.

Based on what I've read since my last post, I would have to agree with you. I don't think Tesla is anticipating selling a single one of these low-range Model 3 vehicles. I think it is a vehicle that needs to exist on paper, soleley to make the other trim levels eligible for the incentive.

I replied and asked if anything was being done for customers that purchased in 2019 but before May 1. No response yet...

When you bought the Model 3 and do you mind if you can tell me which trim you bought? I bought my M3 SR+ with AP on March 22.
I know the fact that we got those $5000 incentive from government will be slim to none (or none), but do anyone also know how's the tax writeoff works or if we are eligible? if that will works for independent contractors as well?

Thanks in advance

When you bought the Model 3 and do you mind if you can tell me which trim you bought? I bought my M3 SR+ with AP on March 22.
I know the fact that we got those $5000 incentive from government will be slim to none (or none), but do anyone also know how's the tax writeoff works or if we are eligible? if that will works for independent contractors as well?

Thanks in advance

Model 3 SR+, no AP, bought Mar 15 and delivered Mar 26.