Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those who were there at The X premier saw the frunk of the X was jammed when the designer went to open it. It's cut out of the video (though Elon does reference it). It was excruciating to watch.

I talked to the guy (tall black vest) later and he said it was a bent bracket. Nothing to do with jamming the frunk full of luggage. I was happy to hear that there was not another employee jammed in there again. though the guy said he could have gotten out because the release was installed.

The point of the demo was to show the frunk holds as much as the Audi's rear just by itself.

And the guy gets it open when the crowd goes swarms the car.

I have had my trunk not work when a bag has caught on the release. Someday I may just cut it off.

Last edited:
While at the Model X event last night, I was inspired with an alternative use of the Frunk. If Tesla or some third party manufacturer could make a waterproof liner for the Frunk, it would make the Tesla the ultimate tailgating car. Can you imagine pulling up to the football game and opening your Frunk, which is full of beer and ICE (yes pun intended). All the guys driving big gas guzzling pickups would be so jealous. Heck, might as well change the name to Frunkgating. Hey Tesla marketing department, looking for an idea for a super bowl 2013 commercial? You can have my idea, just give me one of the soon to be designed insulated Frunk liners for free.

How about a drop in liner for the frunk that you attach to a power outlet in the frunk with a self-contained coolant (in the liner) system for beer while frunking? You could pour ice into it and open your frunk at the game, put your beer into it and pull out the chairs. It would keep the ice cool for awhile.

Interior space and cargo volume

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1077517_how-much-space-is-there-inside-a-2012-tesla-model-s-anyway

I thought the EPA had that wrong
Tesla communications manager Shanna Hendriks notes that the EPA relies on volume figures provided by automakers.
The company's initial submissions to the agency on Model S volume didn't include the "frunk," but the company has since corrected this.
And indeed, the EPA has since updated the numbers for the 2012 Tesla Model S on the FuelEconomy.govwebsite, which now shows 31 cu ft of cargo volume.

original.gif

Can You Fit In The Trunk Of A Tesla Model S? Jason Can!