Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The longest EV charging network in West Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I addition to Williams, which is now fully open, Albany and Manjimup are fully open in the so called "SWIS" area. Additionally, there is a report that the Broome site is in but not operational. There is a Plugshare pin but no Chargefox pin - and no Chargefox, no charge, period. There is also another report that Broome will open some time in June. Again I don't have a good idea how reliable this information is.

Information is reliable, it came directly from Sandra Giry @ Synergy during two recent TOCWA weekly calls, relaying what they had been advised by Western Power.
Thanks. I think the original information came from announcements from the two Shires but I've not seen them.

Synergy's problem is that Western Power is a (monopoly) supplier so they are completely dependent.

Synergy's problem is that Western Power is a (monopoly) supplier so they are completely dependent.
Synergy's problem is the Government/Ministers didn't incorporate WP into the EV Network project alongside Horizon and Synergy, so that they were accountable for project delivery as well. Synergy has to apply for network augmentation like any other commercial applicant and WP currently has no incentive to prioritise their augmentation applications.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and [Zombie]
Lancelin is now in service. Awesome!

1687843234768.png

I'm curious, what's the reasoning behind 7kW AC services? In Lancelin today there were Tesla & WA EV fast chargers, so there's enough power, and a dinky old EO unit providing 17kW. The 7kW WA EV pillar by comparison is quite an industrial unit, but limited to 7kW? I would have thought they could pass through the full 3-phase 32A (22kW)?

Probably worth sharing this observation from @Murbs from Nanutarra Roadhouse - solar panels on-site. Is their most-progressed off grid location?

Nanutarra, Minilya, Overlander and Billabong are all off-grid sites all within a 560km drive with the town of Carnarvon in between, Overlander had most of the panels in place 2 weeks ago but I’m guessing Nanutarra may get priority. It’s critical these off-grid sites are 100% reliable from day one or a naive EV owner will get stranded, I would hope some solid testing is done before being open to the public.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Yes Perth to Kalgoorlie is going to be a long day with AC charging stops at Merredin and Southern Cross.

Only once on a road trip have I had a leg of a trip with nothing but AC charging. I departed in the morning after AC charging on a caravan socket all night, left on about 90%, and had one stop on the way to my destination charging at 11 kW. It took 2 hours to add ~150 km so it did stretch out my travel time. Do-able, but I planned for it, and was Zen about the whole thing. Not for those in a rush.

7 kW or less and seriously you might as well stay overnight wherever you are.

Reactions: B3AU