Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, like many others on here I am also counting down the days with a level of excitement I haven't experienced since being a kid waiting for Christmas day! Probably the last product that got me anywhere near this level of excited was the original iPhone when it came out.

Helps having a delivery date now set (hopefully car won't arrive a wreck and cause them to delay!). Most of my accessories are now here, just awaiting a trunk cargo mat that should be with me within a week or two.

@LongRanger I noticed you're also picking up from brum on the 3rd from the spreadsheet. I'm booked in for 2pm

Reactions: s88ats
that's a bit of a guess date for me at the moment - as I have a lease company and a company car management company in the chain - I did get an email this morning suggesting the car would be with Tesla Birmingham around 28 Aug but this is all guesswork really, could be 3rd Sep, could be a bit later maybe.

Reactions: boater291
There just seems to be no patten to Tesla's communication.

Some of you guys have suggested delivery which is after mine (confirmed via email), some have no VIN but I have confo of my VIN but they will not confirm delivery saying I will get a text 2-3 weeks before the delivery date and not before.

Very strange

h

... more progress today ... Juice Booster charger shipped from Switzerland. So I have loads of accessories, half a charge wiring install, charger on the way and and and .... no car yet o_O
Lol just had my charger installed today, and the goodies keep rolling in!

My wife asked if the goodies were for the Hotwheels M3 I got :rolleyes: coz just like you I don't have the car on the drive yet

Not that I'm desperate to hand the money over to Tesla - but has anyone who is paying cash had their invoice from Tesla yet - and if so, how far in advance of the pickup did you receive it?
not paying cash, but have received an invoice. Just happened to log in to my account and saw a few extra docs added in. It also asked for my deposit, which I'll do nearer the time. I guess as long as it's cleared before your pick up you should be fine.

Order my M3 LR earlier this week - pretty excited as it'll be a little different from my Clio runaround that I've had the last couple of years!!

I've done mine through a Leasing Company and previously, all leased cars have been delivered to home / work or to the Lease Company's offices (which are just around the corner) - reading on here, everyone is off to a Service Centre to collect theirs but my nearest is 100+ miles away....

Has anyone any lease delivery experience and with the car being so different, is it recommended to collect from the Service Centre for a car run through??

I've done mine through a Leasing Company and previously, all leased cars have been delivered to home / work or to the Lease Company's offices (which are just around the corner) - reading on here, everyone is off to a Service Centre to collect theirs but my nearest is 100+ miles away....

I'm on a lease, and mine is going to be delivered to my home, many leases are now delivered in that way.

My car is via Lex Autolease, when I received my first text with the delivery date from Tesla it stated "We will drop your new vehicle at your preferred location (e.g. Your home or workplace)"

They requested the address which I sent via text, 10 minutes later the confirmed the delivery date and address and the fact it would be a contactless experience and gave me a link to Meet Your Tesla videos.

My understanding of a delivery by lorry is they just drop it off and go.

I did see another post who said their delivery driver waited for as long as they wanted and even pointed out where faults could be and where to check.

I believe I have to electronically sign a Delivery Declaration after receiving the car, this will enable the car in the Tesla App, hopefully this document will have an area to complete with identified faults if any from the initial inspection.

I did see another post who said their delivery driver waited for as long as they wanted and even pointed out where faults could be and where to check.

I believe I have to electronically sign a Delivery Declaration after receiving the car, this will enable the car in the Tesla App, hopefully this document will have an area to complete with identified faults if any from the initial inspection.
It won't.

You'll need to request a service via the app for any issues you find.

The delivery declaration is a formality - they'll probably ask you to sign it *before* delivery but you don't need to, you can sign it after. But there's nothing on it except your name and sig!

Don't expect any useful interaction with delivery - they will drop it off and leave. They aren't Tesla staff, just third party contractors.

Nevertheless, even the collection option is meant to be contactless so I don't think there's much benefit to taking that route.

(FYI: I'm on a lease and had the car delivered to me in June)

• Helpful
Reactions: Tracker
To report post delivery faults in the phone app, this is what the Service->Schedule Service screen looks like (if you have more than one to report no matter how minor & they relate to different areas in the car, then select 'Other', list each & include photos).

m1vHwLy.png

In case it makes a difference for anyone, and this doesn’t guarantee anything- but vin range starting 761xxx has a build date around week of 25 July.

I say doesn’t guarantee as I don’t think vin is a strictly date sequential thing for Tesla.....

from info provided by Tesla today my 4th Sep pickup is arriving into collection location on 3rd so from this I am guessing GLOVIS CAPTAIN.

I’ve seen a lot of people mentioning an early September collection/delivery and saying it must be on GLOVIS CAPTAIN. My delivery is on 2nd September and I have been explicitly told by Tesla that my car is on the GRAND DAHLIA (though, not saying this is a definite just what I’ve been told).

Not sure what to believe right now