Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me I got a request message to re-affirm my trade-in on Monday followed by the final invoice on Tuesday (for pickup next Monday).
However I can only transfer £20k per day so will only be fully paid up on Friday.
Checking my Tesla account, Manage, completed tasks and show details gives me the payments thus far and a reducing balance.
With the new licence plate number on the invoice I was able to set up Churchill insurance (by phone) for £429 yesterday.

I'd call them, my invoice stated full payment was required 7 days in advance of delivery, if your's is the same then that's already going to be a challenge!

I just got the payment reminder text (after paying!), slightly different wording to the invoice. Cash purchase.

"Proof of payment must be delivered to [email protected] at least 5 days prior to your appointment or it maybe postponed."

wouldn't worry about payment being required 7 days before. I didn't even have my invoice 7 days out and had to chase. Provided you pay before delivery day that's fine. You just have to send them screenshots from your online banking and all is good

I will be waiting till I collect the car before signing that declaration.

Anyone doing the excel spreadsheet check while at the service centre, or waiting till they get home?

It was raining so I didn’t - I had a quick look around the car for any obvious issues - the girl assured me they had checked and even showed me the chargers and cables in the boot... Mine looked perfect now I’ve gotten home I’m hoping it stops pouring soon so I can check it properly - inside is perfect as far as I can tell... and water not pouring into the boot when opened so success there :)

on the note of the email telling you to sign, girl told me to ignore it she’d get me to sign on her iPad it’s quicker - phone app activated within minutes of her hitting accept...

On a side note if your going for speedy pick up which I seemed to do this morning - when they press the customers accepted car button on their iPad the car decides to reboot itself a few times for a few minutes... I was trying to drive off and couldn’t work out how to turn the bloody car on - was about to get out and go ask when it randomly sprung to life and immediately rebooted again...

Anyone with Churchill receive your policy details via email? I’m assuming they’re going to post them but I find it odd that they don’t email or text a policy number or anything confirming your actually insured...

The only electronic thing I've got from Churchill was the online quotes I tried with them.
Since phoning Churchill yesterday to actually take out insurance there's been zero email from them.
The girl on the phone said everything will be posted to me.
I did get a text message today from their customer survey dept asking the usual "how did we do?" and "would you recommend us?".

The only electronic thing I've got from Churchill was the online quotes I tried with them.
Since phoning Churchill yesterday to actually take out insurance there's been zero email from them.
I did get a text message today from their customer survey dept asking the usual "how did we do?" and "would you recommend us?".

Same, that’s reassuring at least I’m not the only one - just found it odd they didn’t at least send an email to confirm vehicle was insured.

Same for me too... no email, just the survey text

Re Churchill, I asked for the policy number when I was on the phone buying the policy. Once you've got that you're able to create a Churchill.com login and complete the "add a policy", this will then give you access to the policy summary that should keep you going until you get the pack in the post

• Helpful
Reactions: Coors80
Sales Declaration and Certification of Examination

I've just had an email and call from Jason at Tesla asking me to sign the declaration and certification of examination *prior* to picking the car up on Friday "because it's contactless".

Anyone else been asked this, and thought it odd?

I'm not comfortable signing something that says I've taken delivery of the car and that everything is in order when I've not seen it, based on someone randomly calling me saying effectively "trust us, it's all good"

Sales Declaration and Certification of Examination

I've just had an email and call from Jason at Tesla asking me to sign the declaration and certification of examination *prior* to picking the car up on Friday "because it's contactless".

Anyone else been asked this, and thought it odd?

I'm not comfortable signing something that says I've taken delivery of the car and that everything is in order when I've not seen it, based on someone randomly calling me saying effectively "trust us, it's all good"

I had it as well (picked up today), I didn’t do it in advance - when you arrive to pick it up they’ll get you to sign on an iPad and then come with you to view the car - once you tell them your happy they’ll hit a button on the tablet and send you on your way - just ignore the email basically :) you’ll also get a text reminding you to sign it the day before collection :)

Reactions: Lucanesque
...no reg yet though so I can't get insurance sorted

You don't need a reg to get insurance sorted. You should be able to get a firm quote based upon car details (using VIN helps some insurers) then when you know the final details, confirm the reg with the insurer and pay. Other than confirming start date, don't go changing car details at this point. Make sure that everything, bar reg and confirmed start date are mentioned and agreed when you get the quote - a phone call to insurer usually helps.

Some sources have said that cheapest quotes are available around 20 days ahead of it starting.