Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it’s on the inventory, it’s already in transit on a boat. You can also disregard if it says a location ie. London other than in transit. It’s most likely this is also on the boat.

I'm completely new to the Tesla way of doing things and about to order a M3 Performance. My question is, if you order from their inventory is the whole process any quicker? I'm not too fussed about colour, so there's likely to be something in inventory which will fit the bill.

Thanks,
Tim.

Ordered through LeasePlan (salary sacrifice scheme) on 21/07 and got an authorised text from Tesla on 31/07 (the day Glovis Captain left SF) and confirming delivery date of 02/09.

Got a text again on 06/08 with VIN number stating registration number will be sent 5 days before delivery.

Received text yesterday from Tesla saying car is nearly here (which coincides with arrival of Glovis Captain to Southampton).

All seems to be going to plan so far...only 9 days and counting :)

Reactions: Chrisgillett
Ordered through LeasePlan (salary sacrifice scheme) on 21/07 and got an authorised text from Tesla on 31/07 (the day Glovis Captain left SF) and confirming delivery date of 02/09.

Got a text again on 06/08 with VIN number stating registration number will be sent 5 days before delivery.

Received text yesterday from Tesla saying car is nearly here (which coincides with arrival of Glovis Captain to Southampton).

All seems to be going to plan so far...only 9 days and counting :)

Got my it’s nearly here text today. Eeek

Chased my Blue M3LR ordered August 8th. No VIN yet. Was told if it ships in September it will deliver in September. I don't think it's likely it will arrive in the next 21 days so I'll get a fresh insurance quote from Churchill (and will phone them to apply the 5% autopilot discount - thanks to the previous poster for the heads up).

Chased my Blue M3LR ordered August 8th. No VIN yet. Was told if it ships in September it will deliver in September. I don't think it's likely it will arrive in the next 21 days so I'll get a fresh insurance quote from Churchill (and will phone them to apply the 5% autopilot discount - thanks to the previous poster for the heads up).
What's this 5% autopilot discount? I got my quote through them and didn't know about it. Would be a first to call them up and get money back...

7 sleeps here (very excited now!) however not a peep from Tesla. No reg, no invoice, nada.
Use the web chat / call them. I’m picking up next Friday, chased for my invoice a couple of weeks ago and it appeared in my Tesla account the same day. It’s a bit rubbish you’ve not got your invoice when their terms are payment in full 7 days prior to delivery!

edit: also ask them for reg. I called them today to check something about payment and asked about ref at same time, was told I could get it tomorrow as it’s 7 days prior to delivery. That said, other people who are picking up next Friday have had their regs for days!

Reactions: boater291
7 sleeps here (very excited now!) however not a peep from Tesla. No reg, no invoice, nada.
That sounds very unusual btw! Have you spoken to them? I got a call and text from them about the reg last week Fri but had verbally received it on the phone before then anyway. Got the delivery is fast approaching on Tue.

No harm in calling them to get an update to make sure nothing is wrong, or perhaps wrong contact details.

Out of curiosity, have you received the text to say your cars scheduled for delivery?

Just phoning the delivery line and being really polite / speaking to them with an understanding that they are in a mad period of thousands of customers all wanting to know with varying degrees of impatience what is happening to the car they ordered.

I do have a corporate/fleet contact but I don’t pester them as they can only tell me what it says on the computer, and our company has several hundred orders currently being filled so I’m not special.

Use the web chat / call them. I’m picking up next Friday, chased for my invoice a couple of weeks ago and it appeared in my Tesla account the same day. It’s a bit rubbish you’ve not got your invoice when their terms are payment in full 7 days prior to delivery!

edit: also ask them for reg. I called them today to check something about payment and asked about ref at same time, was told I could get it tomorrow as it’s 7 days prior to delivery. That said, other people who are picking up next Friday have had their regs for days!

Ended up calling them, now have reg and invoice! I do wonder what would have happened if I hadn't made contact :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lucanesque