Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Spotted Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bannatyne Wellingborough. First one outside showroom for me

Attachments

• received_370671740266775.jpeg
    received_370671740266775.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 88
We stopped off at Membury services (M4 westbound) earlier today and noticed a 69 plate blue M3 pulling up at the Tesla charging stations.

In my excitement I got out of the car and went over to have a quick chat. The very happy couple had just picked up the car from West Drayton and were doing a top-up charge before heading home to Axbridge.

Attachments

• 28B73FBC-492B-4CDF-8C3B-1B0162B5027D.jpeg
    28B73FBC-492B-4CDF-8C3B-1B0162B5027D.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 54
Well, seen a '69 blue LR on M25 near Heathrow today 17.00, Reg started with W, not sure if it's anyone on this forum? Also at about 18.45 near Leicester Forest East services travelling south bound was a transporter full of 3s :)

A passing glimpse of I think a MSM (may have been black) M3 on Red Road at Lightwater this evening. Possibly only had running lights on even though it was getting dark and under the trees. Hope your lights were not on auto!

Assuming it was UK version, only my second UK M3 seen in the wild on the roads. The other was a red M3 in Frimley high street, probably initial batch as it was quite early doors. Didn't realise what I was looking at until I had driven past it.

There is also a black M3 in Frimley Green.

Saw my first RHD M3 today. White. At a quite busy Northampton supercharger lunchtime. Didn't collar the owner for a chat as he looked busy.

How many have they sold so far? I've seen almost no 19 plate Teslas of any model, come to think of it. I suppose that's to be expected with S/X sales having dropped off a bit of a cliff and the relatively big numbers of M3s only just starting to roll off the boats.

Got some MS in Ipswich and have seen an MX a few times, but mine appears to be the only M3, so far. Took my mate out today who does some consulting work for Toyota, BMW and a couple of others he was so impressed the car. Think he might consider one.

We were parked in Tesco's yesterday and a boy of around 9 was grabbing his Mum and pointing 'Look a Tesla!'
Mum didn't know what he was talking about.
She does now after they had a demonstartion of Fart Mode!!
He was in stitches - seeemed to have made his day.

Thats a nice story. Whilst I think gimmicks like fart mode are a unnecessary distraction, early experiences like this will probably be remembered for life and may well bring a loyal customer in the future.

I remember my uncle giving me a test drive in his MGB as a very young child. My first car, a MGB. Likewise. sneaking into local Austin/Morris garage after school to sit into the latest model. My first new car bought from there, another MG as it was MG Rover garage by then. And because I was a long time recognised face, I think I got a few nice benefits like a great cherished plate (used by MG in early marketing promos) and a track day. So childhood memories can influence choices later in life even if you soon learn the error of your ways.

Thats a nice story. Whilst I think gimmicks like fart mode are a unnecessary distraction, early experiences like this will probably be remembered for life and may well bring a loyal customer in the future.

I remember my uncle giving me a test drive in his MGB as a very young child. My first car, a MGB. Likewise. sneaking into local Austin/Morris garage after school to sit into the latest model. My first new car bought from there, another MG as it was MG Rover garage by then. And because I was a long time recognised face, I think I got a few nice benefits like a great cherished plate (used by MG in early marketing promos) and a track day. So childhood memories can influence choices later in life even if you soon learn the error of your ways.

Yes this is very true and yet another way of Tesla advertising in very unconventional ways! The only thing I'm not liking is how when playing the racing game (I've forgot what it's called!) when you steer the wheels actually turn. I assume it's because it's not steer by wire? But surely this will potentially cause flatspots on the front tyres? Also I assume if used with a game controller this issue won't be applicable?

But surely this will potentially cause flatspots on the front tyres? Also I assume if used with a game controller this issue won't be applicable?
Going OT but have you seen what advanced summon does to the tyres! Defo spotted flat spot on at least one of those videos. I never ever ever turn steering without the car at least rolling. Does steering in too trying to lift circa 2t.