Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the tanks installed, wheels going on tomorrow :D

wzk7i113dl731.jpg

Th

That’s sweet, and let me guess... 265/30/20 all around? Also, I’m running 19x9.5 ET35 and I barely clear the spindle arm, your 11.5J ET27, it’s 17mm closer to the spindle arm, wonder if it’s because your are running 20inch ?

255/30/20, I should have went with a 265, but I wasn't sure if I needed the extra clearance since no one has posted about a fitment like this.

Yeah you get a little more clearance the higher you go up the arm. But I have about 1mm of clearance. Not recommended for spirited driving.

Who made your tank covers? Those are FIRE AF man, congrats!

Yup they are painted air tanks with vinyl lettering.

No kidding! Did you roll the fenders? Hard to visualize how the front wheels can even steer without rubbing. You definitely didn’t take any half measures. Haha. Impressive.
I thought my 9.5” wheels were tight...

I am extremely happy with how close our calculations were. Funny enough, we sort of winged it. Since no one had posted about a fitment like this there was no info to go off of. So we just measured the distance from the spindle to the fender when under full compression, came out to be 12" exactly. I was originally going to go with an 11" wheel, but right at the end I said **** it go with an 11.5" and we'll make it fit later. The fenders did need to get pulled front and rear, but I am so in love with the final look. It came out even better than I envisioned.

Oh and there is no rub at all, even at full lock it doesn't hit any fender liner. I love how Tesla did their liners since I've had to pull them on all my other cars.

Need help!

What strut/bags options are there for the Model 3 RWD and what would you consider the best? I’m looking to put together a Air Suspension Kit together and like to incorporate the following items.

• Accuride Endo CVT Tank or tanks (not sure yet)
• Airlift’s Controller

I’m trying to figure out which height management components and struts to go with. Let me know what else I need to consider. It’s been awhile for me.My last ride with air suspension was my 2006 Chrysler 300
7E3002ED-B8E2-4D6B-89E6-78D707914429.jpeg

which I installed RideTech Air Ride Technologies SRT Kit. Are they still in business? Can’t seem to find them on the internet. All searches come up with parts for sale on eBay. So many choices now it’s crazy.

Let me know what any of you would install if money was no object. Be realistic.

Thanks

Attachments

• 006C1FA2-B320-41BC-8027-F36F7EA5F1B7.jpeg
    006C1FA2-B320-41BC-8027-F36F7EA5F1B7.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 76
Need help!

What strut/bags options are there for the Model 3 RWD and what would you consider the best? I’m looking to put together a Air Suspension Kit together and like to incorporate the following items.

• Airlift’s Controller

I’m trying to figure out which height management components and struts to go with. Let me know what else I need to consider. It’s been awhile for me.My last ride with air suspension was my 2006 Chrysler 300
View attachment 429600
which I installed RideTech Air Ride Technologies SRT Kit. Are they still in business? Can’t seem to find them on the internet. All searches come up with parts for sale on eBay. So many choices now it’s crazy.

Thanks

Your choices for the struts/bags are: Air Runner, Airtekk, and Universal Air Suspension.

You can only use the Endo CVT with Accuair's management systems. You can use The Endo CT(Compressor & Tank) with any management system though.

When installing the system, it will be easiest to run the lines for the rear bags through the rocker panel or through the space right next to it.

This picture shows both, one has the yellow pole in it, the other has the air line in it:

jvzUDTm.jpg

I used fiber glass poles designed for running wires, made it super easy. This is where it comes out in the rear:

MJXjxux.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Thomas Edison
Need help!

• Airlift’s Controller

View attachment 429600

Thanks

I’m on Airtekk

Www.Airtekk.com