Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that's a good sign... the pattern seems to be usually you'll see 1 car get it, and then in a little while a few hundred, before a full roll.

That car is a 2018, based in Idaho with about 20k miles on it. Went from 2021.32.22 to 2021.36.5.1 to FSD beta 10.5.
I have MCU1 with HDW3 and have been told I will not get it unless I buy MCU2 upgrade. Tried to take it to arbitration but was refused because they said it was not a warranty issue. I AM ON 2020.48..37.8

OK now I am thoroughly confused. I think I got the update although I got no email. It was a huge update and gave me all kinds of details about FSD and that with three engagements etc. I would lose it. The safety score was removed from my app. Oh now I am trying to use it and it is no different than it was before??? It does auto pilot in straight lines but if I turn is coming up it goes right through the turn. Is there a button I’m supposed to hit or something?

OK now I am thoroughly confused. I think I got the update although I got no email. It was a huge update and gave me all kinds of details about FSD and that with three engagements etc. I would lose it. The safety score was removed from my app. Oh now I am trying to use it and it is no different than it was before??? It does auto pilot in straight lines but if I turn is coming up it goes right through the turn. Is there a button I’m supposed to hit or something?

Oh, and under the “autopilot” menu I still have the “you are enrolled in the fad queue…”. But I don’t have safety score on my app anymore. Does everyone that has fsd also have that in their autopilot menu?

You will have to actually enable the FSD Beta mode. It sounds like you were enrolled, but have not actually enable the feature yet. Look for a toggle switch to enable FSD Beta.

It's normal to not have received an email and it's normal for the feature to not work until you enable it first. You can then toggle FSD Beta on and off whenever you choose. That will not opt you out of the program, but will only allow you to drive with the normal FSD or Beta version for each drive.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
which version software do you have?

You will have to actually enable the FSD Beta mode. It sounds like you were enrolled, but have not actually enable the feature yet. Look for a toggle switch to enable FSD Beta.

It's normal to not have received an email and it's normal for the feature to not work until you enable it first. You can then toggle FSD Beta on and off whenever you choose. That will not opt you out of the program, but will only allow you to drive with the normal FSD or Beta version for each drive.
I don’t see that toggle for fsd beta.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 121
  • Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
I saw in another forum this happened to someone as well - software updated, safety score disappeared - but it didnt reflect in vehicle. The suggestions were to go into settings -> service -> power off - exit and reenter vehicle... or to do the two scroll wheel reboot with foot on the brake. One of those I believe resolved it.

I saw in another forum this happened to someone as well - software updated, safety score disappeared - but it didnt reflect in vehicle. The suggestions were to go into settings -> service -> power off - exit and reenter vehicle... or to do the two scroll wheel reboot with foot on the brake. One of those I believe resolved it.
I don't see a "power off" option under "Service" - See attached... I did the reboot... No change...

Attachments

• CD15E967-9CD1-4B21-8FA5-8BA3DB7B5A02_1_201_a.jpeg
    CD15E967-9CD1-4B21-8FA5-8BA3DB7B5A02_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
I am beyond angry. I have June 2019 Model S (HDW 3). I've had a 100 for two weeks. I had a 99 for a month before that. I STILL DON'T HAVE FSD BETA! I've written an email to Tesla as instructed by Tesla Autopilot support - no response to my email. I have around 300 miles on the 100 score. Meanwhile people who bought a car and paid for FSD two years after I did have it. Unacceptable. Don't know what else to do. Might drive to service center? Software 2021.44.30.7

now I am trying to use it and it is no different than it was before
Do you have a 2016/2017 S90D without RCCB camera retrofit? It looks like on January 9th, Tesla might have accidentally pushed out the update to vehicles still with RCCC cameras and then remotely turned off FSD Beta. You can check what cameras you have with TeslaCam and putting Colour test screen in front of your cameras.

Do you have a 2016/2017 S90D without RCCB camera retrofit? It looks like on January 9th, Tesla might have accidentally pushed out the update to vehicles still with RCCC cameras and then remotely turned off FSD Beta. You can check what cameras you have with TeslaCam and putting Colour test screen in front of your cameras.
I appreciate this info but it’s way over my head.

I do have a 2017 Model S 90D

I did (finally) get my FSD update on January 9th

It is not actually installed even though I have the update.

I have no idea what cameras I have or don’t have. Do I need to change my cameras in order to get FSD?

Can my service center help with this? Who do I contact?

I am beyond angry. I have June 2019 Model S (HDW 3). I've had a 100 for two weeks. I had a 99 for a month before that. I STILL DON'T HAVE FSD BETA! I've written an email to Tesla as instructed by Tesla Autopilot support - no response to my email. I have around 300 miles on the 100 score. Meanwhile people who bought a car and paid for FSD two years after I did have it. Unacceptable. Don't know what else to do. Might drive to service center? Software 2021.44.30.7
The two week period seems to be around the time where you can expect to get enrolled. However, it appears to happen more around big rollout period like the X-Mas Holiday release.

I'm am pretty sure the service center will be the last place who will need able to help. Because the beta program enrollment is discretionary, Tesla can tell you to kick rocks because they would not be violating any clause in the opt-in agreement you ticked in the car.

Just make sure you keep your score at 100 for the next week at least.

Reactions: BornToFly
I appreciate this info but it’s way over my head.

I do have a 2017 Model S 90D

I did (finally) get my FSD update on January 9th

It is not actually installed even though I have the update.

I have no idea what cameras I have or don’t have. Do I need to change my cameras in order to get FSD?

Can my service center help with this? Who do I contact?
Set up a mobile appointment and have them go through it with you. You won't need to go to a service center for that and a tech should be able to verify everything for you remotely.

The two week period seems to be around the time where you can expect to get enrolled. However, it appears to happen more around big rollout period like the X-Mas Holiday release.

I'm am pretty sure the service center will be the last place who will need able to help. Because the beta program enrollment is discretionary, Tesla can tell you to kick rocks because they would not be violating any clause in the opt-in agreement you ticked in the car.

Just make sure you keep your score at 100 for the next week at least.
I slowly improved my score until I was at 100. But I was there for over a month before I got FSD. Must have been over 1,000 miles. I never did the opt out/opt in thing, but if some jerk made hard braking necessary, I would pull over and do a soft reboot.
The wait really sucks, but it’s worth it. You’ll be happy when you get it.