Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinkware F750 Dash Cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something I found that helped for fishing the wire through the hatch grommet. I used a wire tie (Just like the ones you used to attached the wire to the grommet.) I had a long one and ran it through bare with no problem. Then I taped (Using electrical tape) a long portion of the camera wire to the wire tie (Again, a long wire tie is better for this reason) and with some massaging of the grommet, was able to make it through easily.

Now this was on a Blackvue. Your mileage may vary, but give this technique a try and see if it helps.
A little lubricant will help - silicone grease or spray or even vegetable oil.

A little lubricant will help - silicone grease or spray or even vegetable oil.

Here's an odd one. My mom had a ring that was stuck on her finger. Couldn't get it off with soap or any of the usual suspects. She went to her jeweler thinking she'd have to cut it off. Jeweler pulled out a bottle of windex and popped it right off. She said that's the "slipperiest" solution she's found. Easy to clean up, too!

Hi all,
I installed my Thinkware today using the hardwiring kit with the spare 12v constant in the microphone grille area. I put the black to the black and the red to the right most wire, didn't use the yellow ACC wire and not sure if I was suppose too..
The cam works but it goes straight into parking mode and will not go to constant recording while driving.
Any help would be very appreciated!

Hi all,
I installed my Thinkware today using the hardwiring kit with the spare 12v constant in the microphone grille area. I put the black to the black and the red to the right most wire, didn't use the yellow ACC wire and not sure if I was suppose too..
The cam works but it goes straight into parking mode and will not go to constant recording while driving.

I soldered the red and yellow wires together, so the camera thinks the car is always "on" and it records 24/7. I'm satisfied with this setup as I didn't want to find a switched 12V source near the mic grille.

Alternatively, you might be able to disable parking mode altogether in the smartphone app to achieve the same result.

Hi all,
There is a 12V switched wire that is easy to accessed from the mic grill area, see post #63 in this thread. That will make the camera go into park mode when the car is off, reducing the power draw.

I installed this after the new year but ended up returning it because it wasn't connecting to the gps reliably through the Tesla windshield (some days it connected in 2 minutes, but yesterday it wouldn't get a GPS fix after 30 minutes driving under clear skies). My old Blackvue 450 did just fine, and I just got a 650 2 ch (unfortunately just 720p in the rear) seems to connect reliably to the GPS.

I've read other forums (non Tesla) that mention the USB cable for the rear camera when connected seems to interfere with the GPS signal, but in my case it didn't make a difference one way or the other. How has your experience been with the GPS function?

When the GPS worked, I liked how the Thinkware would announce red light cameras. Unfortunately, the GPS was too flakey for my tastes, and I'm sure it's the Tesla windshield's properties responsible for this (I had hoped the dotted area being so nearby let enough signal in to avoid issues but no luck for me).

I also would have liked the Thinkware iPhone app to show the speed you're travelling when watching recorded videos (assuming the GPS was connecting), but alas, it doesn't and an email to Thinkware replied simply with the fact that the smartphone app doesn't show speed and you need to use the desktop app to see this.

85D w/ pano here with F750 installed just like op (with parking power), however I don't get GPS signal ever. The dashcam clock is half hour delayed and there is no way to fix it unless I can get a GPS signal.

You can set the clock by powering the F750 outside the vehicle. Once it locks on a GPS signal, it will set the time correctly. As a bonus, you'll have GPS working while driving for a while. =)