Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This car is HOT!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
Has anyone ever beaten this?

IMG_5077.jpeg

Whoa! That's the highest I'e ever seen!
(Addit: Sniff 😢 I remember my old Model S- just open the sunroof and drop the windows and 64 degrees no more!
Not to mention preconditioning that worked well because the hot air could rise and leave out through the roof!!)

Pix or it didn’t happen 😄 Maybe I shouldn’t have vented my windows FTW 😄.
You asked, you receive :)

In doing so, I realised I didn't scroll back far enough in my TeslaFi data feed - I had actually recorded 70.6 degrees:

TeslaFi Screenshot.png

And, BCarp, yes, Cabin Overheat only runs for about 12 hours since last vehicle activity or so I believe, before it stops running.

Actually at a high enough temperature to melt the solder on a system board. In about 2005 I was working in IT supporting journalists and camera operators. One camera guy was about to head overseas to take pictures and send back via satellite phone. Cutting edge technology at the time as pre camera phones, some snappers were still using film.
Spent a week setting up the brand new laptop and suitcase sized satellite phone, to make sure it all worked and that I knew it enough to assist remotely if needed.
When the guy picked it up I offered to demonstrate, but he said he was in too much of a hurry and would trial it himself.
An hour later he was back saying that the laptop stopped working and when he handed it to me I nearly dropped it as it was so scalding hot. He had tested it outside leaving the laptop on hot bitumen car park on a late December day and literally cooked it. Nearly killed a cameraman that day.