Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This passed the "70-point mechanical inspection"?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a P100d CPO and all 4 tires were 2/32 to 3/32 (I measured and took pictures) and alignment was so off every time you hit a bump on road car did a left / right wiggle. Lastly let go of steering wheel for 2 seconds and your in the ditch such bad alignment. So yeah 70 point inspection is lip service only imo. It’s buyer beware anymore. Good luck on CPOs

I bought a P100d CPO and all 4 tires were 2/32 to 3/32 (I measured and took pictures) and alignment was so off every time you hit a bump on road car did a left / right wiggle. Lastly let go of steering wheel for 2 seconds and your in the ditch such bad alignment. So yeah 70 point inspection is lip service only imo. It’s buyer beware anymore. Good luck on CPOs

I guess this explains why they don't want you to test drive the car! :p

With regards to this "70 point inspection" I have yet to see what "70" "points" that they "inspect" for their "CPO" cars.

Reactions: Iluvpcs
You guys are scaring me again. I get my CPO next week, pictures looked fine though. Wouldn't be that if there are any major problems it will be covered by warranty?
yes. anything major should be covered except any damage noted in the images you received.

but they may not replace tires apparently. man i feel for you guys/gals nowa'days with the CPO's. a year ago they were re-painting bumpers and installing brakes/tires/wipers. from the pics i've seen it's just a complete crapshoot now. i did get pics of a nice XP90D but most cars i've requested photos of had an issue that i'd never buy for that coin. ended up going with a new Model 3 instead of upgrading the CPO S to a CPO X as a result.

yes. anything major should be covered except any damage noted in the images you received.

but they may not replace tires apparently. man i feel for you guys/gals nowa'days with the CPO's. a year ago they were re-painting bumpers and installing brakes/tires/wipers. from the pics i've seen it's just a complete crapshoot now. i did get pics of a nice XP90D but most cars i've requested photos of had an issue that i'd never buy for that coin. ended up going with a new Model 3 instead of upgrading the CPO S to a CPO X as a result.
Yup, and you can't even get a pre-quote estimate from Tesla pre-purchase. So that "great deal" may end up costing you anywhere from $3-7k more if that dent, panel gap or trimwork is more extensive than expected, and good luck with "in-stock" parts being readily available.I think I read here that Tesla doesn't even disclose previous work they've done on these vehicles.

Long enough to be in the official photos, I guess.

Are they really selling this? it is unsafe!

Anyone else have experience in the CPO-insanity?

That screw is obviously brand new and you will need to make sure that they replace the tire, and preferably the pair of tires.
There is no wear and very little indentation on the screw.
Of course, if you are wanting different tires/wheels, just get them to drop the price.

It's only an inspection. It's not reconditioned.

Reactions: Don TLR
That screw is obviously brand new and you will need to make sure that they replace the tire, and preferably the pair of tires.
There is no wear and very little indentation on the screw.
Of course, if you are wanting different tires/wheels, just get them to drop the price.

It's only an inspection. It's not reconditioned.
I thought there was a specific "no haggle" policy?