Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Chevy dealer today at saw the new C8 and was so impressed! Now this! Darn I have been so excited about this truck and now this! I kept saying he is going to take the steel off and the real truck is under this ugly body! So disappointed

It looks cool from the front... Side view:
IblameSimoneGiertz.jpg

This truck is designed for a tiny sliver of the market. Kind of like the original Hummer.

Imaging that it will develop a following of enthusiasts. Imagine off roading, camping, trailer towing etc.

It does have a large bed. That is what they opened up to hold the ATV. Interesting how the bed cover slides away into the ceiling.

Imagine it will find a market as a portable power station. With 110v, 220v and compressed air.

Won't be long before an RV conversion becomes available.

As with most things Tesla, they will probably sell as fast as they can make them.

Foreign diplomats and politicians will be interested in the bullet resistance aspect. Every Warloard is gonna want a fleet of these.

It's capabilities are far beyond any other pickup, with performance, handling and towing capacity.

It will find it's market. Not gonna see one in typical suburban garages, except for perhaps one in every neighborhood for "that guy"

You'd have to get to Level 3 on the bullet resistance to make any inroads with people really worried about security. This is optimistically Level 1. My guess is the video he showed was not a jacketed round.
  • Level 1: Refers to bullet resistant glass able to withstand fire from small caliber handguns. It must be able to resist a minimum of three 9mm FMJs traveling at a minimum velocity of 1,175 feet per second (f/s)
  • Level 2: Defines bullet resistant glass designed to withstand fire from larger caliber handguns. It must withstand at least three shots of .357 magnum soft points traveling at a velocity of 1,250f/s.
  • Level 3: Refers to bullet resistant glass that can withstand a minimum of three shots of .44 magnum rounds at a velocity of 1350f/s.
  • Level 4: Represents a step-up in terms of ballistics resistance. It defines bullet resistant glass that can withstand at least one shot from a .30 caliber rifle with a minimum velocity of 2540f/s.
  • Level 5: Covers bulletproof glass designated to withstand at least one 7.62mm rifle FMJ with a velocity of at least 2750f/s.
  • Level 6: Is a direct improvement on Level 1, designed to withstand at least five 9mm rounds traveling at an elevated minimum velocity of 1400f/s.
  • Level 7: Defines bullet resistant glass designed to withstand multiple hits with 5.56 rifle FMJs with a minimum velocity of 3080f/s.
  • Level 8: Designates the highest level of protection available in bullet resistant glass. This level is tested to withstand at least five shots from a 7.62mm rifle.

I wasn’t really interested in this but the thought of parking in a parking lot and giving zero shits about who parks next to me would make my life more relaxing. And I guess my ride height concerns would go away.

But I guess according to some here I need to go off grid and reclaim my toilet waste into drinking water first and prepare to run over the NPCs riding scooters and NPCs sweeping the dirt off the middle of the road. I don’t think the truck is that bad but it has been a long day.

This truck is designed for a tiny sliver of the market. Kind of like the original Hummer.

Imaging that it will develop a following of enthusiasts. Imagine off roading, camping, trailer towing etc.

It does have a large bed. That is what they opened up to hold the ATV. Interesting how the bed cover slides away into the ceiling.

Imagine it will find a market as a portable power station. With 110v, 220v and compressed air.

Won't be long before an RV conversion becomes available.

As with most things Tesla, they will probably sell as fast as they can make them.

Foreign diplomats and politicians will be interested in the bullet resistance aspect. Every Warloard is gonna want a fleet of these.

It's capabilities are far beyond any other pickup, with performance, handling and towing capacity.

It will find it's market. Not gonna see one in typical suburban garages, except for perhaps one in every neighborhood for "that guy"

What do you mean it has a large bed? It has only a 6.5 ft bed like most of the "commuter" F-150s. Real trucks have 8 ft beds that you can load stuff in with a forklift or bucket loader. Not angled sides like this. And this thing won't even carry a regular old sheet of plywood without it getting wet in the Seattle rain.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU