Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick Question. I saw the presentation and the disastrous window demo. If these are metal windows or metallic plated windows will these run into the same problems that cars lined with metallic non-ceramic tint have had? Namely interference with electrical systems and antenna driven hardware?

Only minor changes and it's not nearly as bad

JnRSM6D.jpg

• Love
Reactions: keeney

That was exactly my thought. Something really radical like the iPhone was at the time. Traditionalists will not like, but I think it will prove to be a new icon and immensely popular, particularly with the younger buyers. I am even considering buying myself, and I would never get a traditional truck. The range, price, carrying capacity, performance, panoramic windshield, covered load area and ruggedness are all attractive. I think although lots of people are shocked (including me!), it will grow on us.

It's by far the best value Tesla, MY is garbage compared to this.
6 seats and a 2 x 1.45m bed, 250+ miles of range for 40k.
The vehicle is 5.8 in length, 1.9m in height, the pics are deceiving, it's an imposing vehicle. It's also likely the safest Tesla so far, just because of its size.
9mm rounds bullet proof, no paint, hard to dent. More than decent payload and towing capacity.
It's too cheap compared to all other Teslas.
Tesla's mistake is that they didn't had some videos prepared with people next to the truck and the thing looks small and weird in pics.
Rivian has a 1.4m bed, it's full of gimmicks but it's a terrible truck and a terrible EV and the highway range will be poor, well bellow EPA.
The Cybertruck is kinda awesome, its only fault is that it's too bada$$, maybe kinda like the Hummer was.
For Europe it is too large but other than that, it's the best value Tesla by far.

All of a sudden, the Rivian truck looks better. Except for its weird headlights. The Rivian CEO already sent EM a huge flower arrangement and a "Thank You" gift basket overnight.

Rivian is a gimmick. The Tesla Truck is going to be a functional truck and I think the future for most businesses.

Everyone please sell your stocks today. I would Like the price to drop so I can buy, more stock.

I was there at the Cybertruck event.

I'm not an Avant-garde individual. I tend to REALLY gravitate towards conservative and conventional designs. That doesn't mean I am unwilling to change my mind once I take in new information.

So no, I was not enthralled with the Cybertruck when it rolled on stage. Looks very different, TOO DIFFERENT from what I expected out of a truck.

While waiting in line to go on a test ride, I saw probably 30 passes of the Truck coming and going. My thought processes went from

WTF is this -> I'm ordering one!

Yes the design is going to throw off some people but for me, I look at things very pragmatically and I came to a few conclusions:

* I love how durable this vehicle is. Model 3 probably gets totaled the moment it drives on unpaved roads. Definitely totaled if you take a sledgehammer to it.

* Seating 6 passengers and having tons of cargo space makes this a multi mission vehicle. While it's different, I can envision it being a Model X refresh. I can replace a lot of SUV and Minivan missions with this truck. When not towing or powering tools, 500 miles range is practically unlimited.

* Filling up a truck would cost me $100 in California. I'm currently $-1000 in energy from solar generation. I would love to drive this beast around for "free".

* It's a Tesla! So much fun to drive and so many neat little toys, features and updates that only come with Tesla.

* You get so much value for your money. A lot of capacity, a lot of range, a lot of usage scenarios.

Middle America is going to poo poo on this initially I think - just on looks. However, they won't be able to argue with the PERFORMANCE of the Cybertruck. Eventually they will have to cave in.

$/KW it's the Rivian and other trucks that are going to look ugly.