Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those who have taken delivery: Phone cable choices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up today. Default was 1 Lightning cable and 1 USB-C. I asked them to swap it for two lightnings, which they did right away for no charge, so now we have one with double Apple lightning cables. Oddly, they were completely out of micro-USB cables. The ONLY options, at least today at the Fremont Delivery Center, were Lightning and USB-C.

Although I don’t have my M3 yet but I was thinking to buy a wireless charging pad that would either charge one phone or possibly find one that charges two phones simultaneously. This way no need to worry about making it fit to the connector just right. I have iPhone X but I think a lot of other phones also have wireless charging capability.

Reactions: AlanSqB
I bet we could start up a cable swap here since most folks tend to have the same phones across the family.

Do you think one of those QI pads would fit behind the panel to wirelessly charge?

I thought they were supposed to be including Qi-compatibility already. Has anyone confirmed this? (My wife and I both have iPhone X's so this matters to us)

I realize that phones can’t plug in easily while in their cases. However, may we assume that the car and phone fully pair without plugging in? I am hoping that all functions of the phone will work within the car audio/video system while in my pocket or purse. Can someone please confirm that phone calls, music, texts, etc, will work without plugging in?

I realize that phones can’t plug in easily while in their cases. However, may we assume that the car and phone fully pair without plugging in? I am hoping that all functions of the phone will work within the car audio/video system while in my pocket or purse. Can someone please confirm that phone calls, music, texts, etc, will work without plugging in?

Yes, all that is through bluetooth (with the exception of texts which don’t show up on the console or anything). In fact, the USB connection does nothing BUT charge the phone. Also, for the record, my iPhone X with a not insubstantional case fits fine. Probably depends on the clearance near the charge port in the case.

Last edited: