Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with free 3-month FSD, please jump in.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey gang, just curious if others also don't have listed the 3 months of FSD. My car shows FSD like if I had bought it, which I didn't. For the premium connectivity, it says until Dec 31, 2021. And for the free supercharging, it says until Jan 04, 2022. I doubt Tesla gave me free FSD, but it doesn't show an expiration date. Are others the same? Thanks.
JC

Click on details under your vin in your tesla account:

Capture.PNG

You'll see it listed
You can also check your tesla app, click upgrades, it will say "You have all of the available upgrades"

Mine says “FSD Capability”
Correct. Remember FSD is still in beta. You car is capable--so when its released to the general public, which we believe will be sometime soon, then you will have all the features. The big question is, does the clock start when it is public release or is the clock already ticking eventhough we don't have access (meaning FSD will expire in March, 2021).

Click on details under your vin in your tesla account: You'll see it listed
Of course it's there. You guys missed my point. My point was that it does NOT have an expiration date, like the free supercharging, and premium connectivity. But seems like I'm not the only one without an expiration date, and that's what I wanted to know. So thank you :).

Of course it's there. You guys missed my point. My point was that it does NOT have an expiration date, like the free supercharging, and premium connectivity. But seems like I'm not the only one without an expiration date, and that's what I wanted to know. So thank you :).

Doesn't need one, just know it'll be gone in march.

Reactions: john94si
Doesn't need one, just know it'll be gone in march.

"should" be gone in march (lol).

There have been plenty of random cases where some free trial or other gets left on. Those are usually the same cases where someone buys a car "with FSD" and then when the car is titled, tesla sees that FSD was never purchased so turns it off... then they come here and other forums to complain about it.

It absolutely should be gone in march, but I would not be surprised at all if somehow, for a few people, it mistakenly gets left on.

Reactions: BeeGood
We''re all experiencing the same thing. Phone app doesn't show upgrade to FSD, Web site shows FSD installed but no end date, but screen in car shows the actual FSD end date....Finally noticed that yesterday.

Still, the version we have is more an alpha build. If they actually provide us the currently tested release, we may have a chance to really test it.

and yet, there's not a chance in hell i'll ever pay $10K for it, nor rent it monthly. i'm completely happy with the current features in my M3, LR.

Don't get me started about how crappy the manual is though.

Go ahead. You might as well enjoy the free trial. Use it!

If I’m being honest, I’m not sure I trust myself enough to not scrape together $10K to buy it in 3 months. :D

The only thing I would really use is auto-lane change...but I would REALLY use that. Like all the time, just like autopilot. I’d get used to it in a hurry. So like Kevy said, just too much temptation for me!