Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts for Tesla... baby pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be cool if Tesla could send pictures to people holding reservations of the car in various points of manufacturer.. or even have something that you could log into and see web cams of the car going through the various points.

So, I could go to work and pull out my wallet and say things like;

'see, here's my Tesla even before it was started, look at the cute roll of aluminum'
'and here's my Telsa's as it's growing... the skeleton is starting to form here'
'here is his(her) first bath!'
'and his(her) first paint job!'
'here you can see the nice people taking care to install the seats, aren't they just the cutest things!'

and after the string of pictures of the Tesla, one could end with...

'oh, and here is a picture of my children... but lets go back and look at those assembly line pics, there's a pic here of the wires hanging down that I think I missed showing you!'

I have seen the various videos of the assembly line in action, but its different when you know (or at least assume) that it is YOUR car in the image!

(Ok, I suspect this would never happen and that the effort would not be worth the benefit (to Tesla), but it would be cool!

Dan

I don't know Tesla specifics, but I've toured a couple car manufacturing lines, and between Just-in-time and LEAN production techniques, they could almost definitely identify that "Car Pxxxxxx is at body join at 3pm on Tuesday" and have a webcam operating.

Chevrolet figured out how to make money on this sort of buyer interest with Corvette Delivery Programs. For $800, there is a "Buyer's Tour" where you get a factory tour on the day your car is scheduled for assembly. For $5000 you can participate in building the engine that is later installed into your Corvette!

Yeah, I would pay...maybe $100 for a set of photos (i.e. 20 or 30) capturing my car as it was being built, assembled, painted, etc. Seems like this would be easy to set up with automated cameras and once up and running it would just generate cash with minimal overhead. Photos would be sent to MyTesla account.