Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on no battery badge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Badging often no longer represents accruately the performance parameters of the car.

Badging such as this is often just a marketing tool. Car makers have used "Limited" , "SE" , "SLT" and on and on for decades now. Perhaps Tesla thought those who payed extra for a larger battery or a Performance package wanted something externally to signal this.

... I thought I read they are going to start taking capacity badging off of Model S/X too. I doubt they'd add anything. They want it to be clean and elegant.

It may come to that. As I think I mentioned elsewhere, the original Model S cars had no banging at all. Then they started adding "60", "85" and "P85" to the cars and it just got crazy from there with the "D" and the "Ludicrous Underline" added. You needed a code-book to decipher! I, for one, decided I liked it and had Tesla add the badging to my car at a service visit.

LOL, the entire world, except the U.S., Liberia and Myanmar use the SI system... soooo they should bend to our will?? All scientists, most manufacturers and all the US automakers switched to SI years ago. If anything we should adopt kilometers and drop the miles. Time to give up the old British Imperial system, where 1 mile is equal to 10 furlongs, which equals 80 chains... whatever the heck those are.

Miles = .62 km
km = 1.61 miles

If that is confusing, just run a 10K to clear your head :)

But if we dump the imperial system, what would happen to horse racing? :eek: