Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thrilled new Customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't notice any sounds, but I was going very low speeds inside the building.

You might look in the frunk or under the seat; sometimes where sounds come from in the car really are deceiving. But if you continue to have a problem, you can make an appointment with a service center and they'll be happy to look at it. Hint: if you pick the Seattle Service Center, they might try to put you off until July because of all the deliveries.

Mine went similarly quick:
Ordered: 5/22
Confirmed: 5/24
Prod Start: 6/8
Prod Complete: 6/11

Scheduled pickup for Thursday 6/25 in Seattle. Can't wait!!!

Tesla has been amazing in bumping up us WA folks so we get the tax benefit before it runs out.

but it sounds like a thump when i release from the gas and the region braking starts or when I make turns...

@santorin4 I can't help with whatever the noise might be, I'm just trying to help with the language here. Old habits die hard, I still catch myself sometimes saying some of the words from the old antiquated ICE (internal combustion engine) days:
- "gas" = "accelerator", or "fun pedal"
- "region braking" (was probably an autocorrect from your computer) = "regen braking", or, the motor/inverter regenerating electricity back into the battery pack, with the side effect of slowing the car

Congratulations on your pickup! The white with pano looks fabulous.

:)

LOL that's awesome - I captured you anyway!
Since you drove my car maybe you can tell me... I'm noticing a strange sound coming from the front passenger side - seemingly behind the glove (i emptied it to be sure it wasn't just the manual making noises as I made turns - i.e. like flopping around)... but it sounds like a thump when i release from the gas and the region braking starts or when I make turns... did you hear anything like that? I sent an email to my DS, but am wondering if I'm supposed to call the service center directly??
You might want to look at taking the floppy white fake license plate off the back of the vehicle. It has been known to flop around at high speeds and make such a sound.:wink: